Woman, 2 Children Killed In Fire | Oh...

Woman, 2 Children Killed In Fire | Ohio News Network (ONN)

There are 39 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Dec 23, 2010, titled Woman, 2 Children Killed In Fire | Ohio News Network (ONN). In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

A mobile home caught fire Thursday morning killing a teenage girl and two small children.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
linda

United States

#1 Dec 23, 2010
this is so very sad, how many more children are going to lose their lives in fires? this makes what 5 or 6 children since the weekend. God Bless you, and your in my prayers.
Whatever

Plain City, OH

#2 Dec 23, 2010
So very very sad!!! I cant believe the amount of fires that are happening lately!I cant imagine losing my children like that. The family is in my thoughts and prayers, so so sorry for your loss.
darline caldwell

United States

#3 Dec 23, 2010
i'm so sorry for your lost are family sure do no how you feel
shelbymissy

Hilliard, OH

#4 Dec 24, 2010
I am so sorry for your loss.

What is problem with these mobile home fires. Are they not safe? Not warm enough? If not lets do something about them to quit losing babies that have't even lived yet. These is 8 in last week that have died in mobile homes, most likely from the home not being warm enough. Something has to be done, a program has to be there to help them. If not get one started for mobile home only. Every year we hear of people dying in them. If not safe, quit making them.
man

Columbus, OH

#5 Dec 24, 2010
shelbymissy wrote:
I am so sorry for your loss.
What is problem with these mobile home fires. Are they not safe? Not warm enough? If not lets do something about them to quit losing babies that have't even lived yet. These is 8 in last week that have died in mobile homes, most likely from the home not being warm enough. Something has to be done, a program has to be there to help them. If not get one started for mobile home only. Every year we hear of people dying in them. If not safe, quit making them.
Poverty means they can't afford operate a propane furnace. This leads to space heaters, kerosene heaters and other deadly appliances used for heating.
megan

Columbus, OH

#6 Dec 24, 2010
im so sorry for the loss of the family.I have everyone in my prayers.I dont know what the problem is with the mobile home fires is but something needs to be done
meh

Columbus, OH

#7 Dec 24, 2010
so sad. It should be illegal to use space or kerosene heaters, especially in those teeny mobile homes with no 2nd way out.
Duh

Sunbury, OH

#8 Dec 24, 2010
Prayers out to this couple--I don't know how you would recover from that.
Duh

Sunbury, OH

#9 Dec 24, 2010
meh wrote:
so sad. It should be illegal to use space or kerosene heaters, especially in those teeny mobile homes with no 2nd way out.
Sometimes that's the only heat some families can afford.
Josh

Hopkinsville, KY

#10 Dec 25, 2010
I'm tired of reading about kids dying in fire! Something needs to be done about this! I dont give a damm what happens to the adults but these are little kids dying! Burning up crying for help which the adults is outside watching them burn! At time like these I look up at the sky and pray to myself "Where were you superman"?
richard holskey

West Farmington, OH

#12 Dec 25, 2010
ther whas no dame other heat but a dame electric fer for heat that is what started the fire so if any one whant to run there mouth dont do it on heare COME TO MY FACE AND RUN YOUR MOUTH
man

Columbus, OH

#13 Dec 25, 2010
richard holskey wrote:
ther whas no dame other heat but a dame electric fer for heat that is what started the fire so if any one whant to run there mouth dont do it on heare COME TO MY FACE AND RUN YOUR MOUTH
Yikes.
nikki

Columbus, OH

#15 Dec 25, 2010
Kant spel wrote:
Killed three more. Way to go stupid hilljack parents.
i hate how people get on here and say mean things about famlily memebers nit everyone has a mommy and daddy to pay their bills and give them what they want some people do what they can for their family. this family lost children stop acting like they was scum because they lived in a trailer it dont matter the had loved ones and you need to respect that. RIP to all the loved ones lost god bless the family i wish you all well. dont let people get to you some people have no heart they dont no what real love is.
sick of goofballs

Marengo, OH

#16 Dec 25, 2010
Josh wrote:
I'm tired of reading about kids dying in fire! Something needs to be done about this! I dont give a damm what happens to the adults but these are little kids dying! Burning up crying for help which the adults is outside watching them burn! At time like these I look up at the sky and pray to myself "Where were you superman"?
your an idiot, go back to your cell
Jenny201022

Marengo, OH

#17 Dec 25, 2010
Josh wrote:
If you notice in the story it says there is an 18 year old in the house...I'm assuming she was watching the children, which in case you don't know is PERFECTLY LEGAL. Also, if you read you will notice the parents tried to rescue the children. If you are having problems reading, or don't know how to read there is help. I am sure they have reading self help books (maybe reading for dummies or something along those lines).
Whatever

Plain City, OH

#18 Dec 25, 2010
Josh wrote:
I agree, but, sadly, mobile homes are the only thing some people can afford. I dont think that its because they arent warm enough(like a previous poster stated), but, that they just go up in flames so quickly, that there is barely time to escape.
I wouldn't be one of the adults watching from the outside, if my babies weren't going to come out, neither would I. And I would try my best to be holding them in my arms if I couldn't get them to safety! If im already on the outside, im still going in to save them..and like I said, if they don't come out, neither do I. I could not imagine life without my children.
GO BUCKS BEAT ARKANSAS

Lima, OH

#19 Dec 25, 2010
so sad and 2 days till Christmas so my prayers go out to the parents of the kids :(
Jonah

Jackson, OH

#20 Dec 25, 2010
i hope they was not hurt
Duh

Fort Jennings, OH

#21 Dec 25, 2010
A kerosene heater can and will be safe if used properly. We used one for several years to supplement our gas forced air heat in a drafty older house. You CANNOT put them close to flammable materials, such as draperies or curtains, upholstered furniture or walls. Again we never had any problem and we have used the heater during power outages in the winter. Also if Mr. Holskey did make those remarks, please accept my sympathies.
Duh

Fort Jennings, OH

#22 Dec 25, 2010
nikki wrote:
<quoted text>
i hate how people get on here and say mean things about famlily memebers nit everyone has a mommy and daddy to pay their bills and give them what they want some people do what they can for their family. this family lost children stop acting like they was scum because they lived in a trailer it dont matter the had loved ones and you need to respect that. RIP to all the loved ones lost god bless the family i wish you all well. dont let people get to you some people have no heart they dont no what real love is.
I really did not see where anyone said they were scum because they lived in a trailer (or perhaps a nicer term - mobile home). However, making a comment that we have to read more than once to understand means some of you folks are not too bright!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Make America Great Again 40 min Pale Rider 379
Trump TOUR 4 hr Pale Rider 15
Religion in our schools..... 6 hr Atheist 109
News One critical after shooting in South Linden 6 hr TheTruthIs 1
Trumpeters crying in their leader's failed pro... 7 hr BizzyBee 7
Save Your money for Trumps security 7 hr BizzyBee 5
News Columbus part of lawsuit accusing Fannie Mae of... 8 hr GrowUp 2
Lesbifriends: Corporate Success 11 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 35

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web