Romney wants to abolish the EPA

Romney wants to abolish the EPA

Posted in the Columbus Forum

charlie

Gallipolis, OH

#1 Oct 29, 2012
I recently read an article concerning the toxins in the drinking water in Wake Forest NC. It took the Obama led EPA to show concern for the local citizens. For the future of our children and grand children, please don't vote for Mitt Romney and let him and the Republican controlled congress put industrial polluters profit above our health.

“Hi-Yo Silver! Away!”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#2 Oct 29, 2012
charlie wrote:
I recently read an article concerning the toxins in the drinking water in Wake Forest NC. It took the Obama led EPA to show concern for the local citizens. For the future of our children and grand children, please don't vote for Mitt Romney and let him and the Republican controlled congress put industrial polluters profit above our health.
This is but one reason why regulation of business needs to continue. SOBs pee in everyone else's cornflakes, then leave and never take responsibility. Let someone else clean up their mess on their own dime when they didn't cause the problem.
imagine2011

Brentwood, TN

#3 Oct 29, 2012
You guys are either misinformed or flat out lying.

There's a big difference in Reforming and Abolishing.

Reform Environmental Regulation

As president, Mitt Romney will eliminate the regulations promulgated in pursuit of the Obama administration’s costly and ineffective anti-carbon agenda. Romney will also press Congress to reform our environmental laws to ensure that they allow for a proper assessment of their costs.

•Ensure that environmental laws properly account for cost in regulatory process

•Provide multi-year lead times before companies must come into compliance with onerous new environmental regulations

http://www.mittromney.com/issues/regulation

Kosmik

Since: Sep 10

Columbus, OH

#4 Oct 29, 2012
imagine2011 wrote:
You guys are either misinformed or flat out lying.
There's a big difference in Reforming and Abolishing.
Reform Environmental Regulation
As president, Mitt Romney will eliminate the regulations promulgated in pursuit of the Obama administration’s costly and ineffective anti-carbon agenda. Romney will also press Congress to reform our environmental laws to ensure that they allow for a proper assessment of their costs.
•Ensure that environmental laws properly account for cost in regulatory process
•Provide multi-year lead times before companies must come into compliance with onerous new environmental regulations
http://www.mittromney.com/issues/regulation
Sure and they'll decide that lead in paint isn't so bad afterall or that lead in gasoline leads to better economy. Nothing to stop the frackers from breaching the groundwater making ones tap flammable.

I'm not for burdensome regulations but basic protection of the environment is a must. It's our only home.
notlocal

AOL

#5 Oct 29, 2012
Kosmik wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure and they'll decide that lead in paint isn't so bad afterall or that lead in gasoline leads to better economy. Nothing to stop the frackers from breaching the groundwater making ones tap flammable.
I'm not for burdensome regulations but basic protection of the environment is a must. It's our only home.
Oh, the dirty air, dirty water mantra is back. No, the republicans have to breath and drink too.

In PA there is no much natural gas it is seeping into the water table. The residents WANT it fracked outta there.

We'll always need the EPA to deal with the cheaters. I haven't heard anything about dismantling it.

But some of the regulations are so friggin stupid. Close down a 13 million dollar construction job because of a spider.

Farmer can't till my land for a week because some stupid moth is breeding. I'll tell you what, that farmer knows more than anyone in the EPA.

And all of the popultion isn't from the fuel industry. The Chesapeake Bay was totally polluted from farm run off. The Save the Bay foundation has been monitoring that for three decades.

I grew up three miles from a refinery and I don't even know it's there. We've come a long way in 50 years.
Tim

Akron, OH

#6 Oct 29, 2012
Kosmik wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll find some more planets to screw up.

Kosmik

Columbus, OH

#7 Oct 29, 2012
notlocal wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, the dirty air, dirty water mantra is back. No, the republicans have to breath and drink too.
In PA there is no much natural gas it is seeping into the water table. The residents WANT it fracked outta there.
We'll always need the EPA to deal with the cheaters. I haven't heard anything about dismantling it.
But some of the regulations are so friggin stupid. Close down a 13 million dollar construction job because of a spider.
Farmer can't till my land for a week because some stupid moth is breeding. I'll tell you what, that farmer knows more than anyone in the EPA.
And all of the popultion isn't from the fuel industry. The Chesapeake Bay was totally polluted from farm run off. The Save the Bay foundation has been monitoring that for three decades.
I grew up three miles from a refinery and I don't even know it's there. We've come a long way in 50 years.
http://switchboard.nrdc.org/blogs/amall/pavil...

http://www.businessinsider.com/epa-data-links...

http://www.nature.org/ourinitiatives/regions/...

They are simply delaying that construction project until they can best find a way to not disturb the spiders habitat. Maybe you didn't pay attention in science class in school. The earth is one big 'food' cycle. Each critter has its own purpose. If they naturally go extinct, that's one thing but to destroy their last habitat is going to have greater environmental impacts.

You don't notice it but the effects of that refinery are demonstrated in your thought process. The earth was here first, we need to work around it not make it adapt to us.
notlocal

AOL

#8 Oct 29, 2012
Kosmik wrote:
<quoted text>
They are simply delaying that construction project until they can best find a way to not disturb the spiders habitat. Maybe you didn't pay attention in science class in school. The earth is one big 'food' cycle. Each critter has its own purpose. If they naturally go extinct, that's one thing but to destroy their last habitat is going to have greater environmental impacts.
You don't notice it but the effects of that refinery are demonstrated in your thought process. The earth was here first, we need to work around it not make it adapt to us.
LOL It's more than the refinery effecting my thought process!
True, I hated science, but I do understand the cycle of nature and we wouldn't have the damn stink bugs and that vine, cutsu (spelling?), killing our trees, if someone hadn't thought it such a great idea to bring them here from another country. This summer we had a shortage of bats, therefore an over abundance of insects. It wanes and surges and changes every year.

I also believe in the survival of the fittest. That spider was breeding somewhere else too.

Got an interesting article here about Kathleen Seibelius and trying to find a way to get it to you. My husband drank two pots of coffee and is running out of things to do. We are pretty much in the eye of Sandy. It will move.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#9 Oct 29, 2012
Kosmik wrote:
<quoted text>
I regularly pay a fellow to spray my back yard to kill spiders.

We have Black Widows, Brown Recluses, and Tarantulas in Vegas....
I don't like them around me or my doggies......

Building a housing development here has not seemed to decimate their population..........They come back in 2 months if I don't spray.

If I see them I introduce them to the sole of my foot......

Given that the habitat of these particular spiders is so small that one construction site may cause them to become extinct, I doubt that their ecological footprint is very large K..........

Kosmik

Columbus, OH

#10 Oct 29, 2012
6was9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Building a housing development here has not seemed to decimate their population..........They come back in 2 months if I don't spray.
Given that the habitat of these particular spiders is so small that one construction site may cause them to become extinct, I doubt that their ecological footprint is very large K..........
You make a good point. I don't know enough about this particular situation beyond reading one news article on it. In general I'll favor the environment over what man wants to do to it. We've not got a good history of treating it well.

We have no shortage of black widows or brown recluses, kill away.
notlocal

AOL

#11 Oct 29, 2012
6was9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you make a point. When we narrow their habitat they are forced into people populated areas and people consider them as 'encroaching.' Well, they're not encroaching, we dramatically altered their enviroment. Growing up, it was a huge deal if we saw a deer. Most of the other farms were sold for housing and now I have to elbow them out of my way to get out the drive.

I will kill house flys and stink bugs. Other bugs and spiders, I catch and release. As far as the other animals, I will only shoot a ground hog if it's a danger to the dogs. The dogs are confined to their yard. But before I had the dogs, I would walk out on the porch and talk to the ground hogs and they'd get on their hind legs and listen to me.

But we have had a dramatic drop in small wildlife. Very few rabbits, quail, skunks or turkey. The foxes and wild cats get them.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#12 Oct 29, 2012
charlie wrote:
Good!
Spookstillhere f trolls

Taylor, MI

#13 Oct 29, 2012
Kosmik wrote:
<quoted text>
Lead paint is not bad and is still used on highways for lane markings on bridges. Lead paint has been banned for residential use not because Lead paint is bad but because parents are too lazy to keep the homes in good shape. If paint is peeling wipe it up and repair the the moisture leaks don't leave the chips lay around for the dumb kids to eat.
Windowsill lickers are defective before the lead paint anyway.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#14 Oct 29, 2012
Spookstillhere f trolls wrote:
<quoted text>

Windowsill lickers are defective before the lead paint anyway.
True.
Birdzilla

Etna, CA

#15 Jan 27, 2013
Its time totaly abolish the EPA its just another goverment buracracy
Out Here Somewhere

Crestline, OH

#16 Jan 27, 2013
Funny, the ones who won't acknowledge that the EPA caused a lot of manufacturing to leave the country are the same ones who don't want it touched. Which way do you want it?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#17 Jan 27, 2013
Out Here Somewhere wrote:
Funny, the ones who won't acknowledge that the EPA caused a lot of manufacturing to leave the country are the same ones who don't want it touched. Which way do you want it?
They have no idea. Looking at this old thread, back then I was 'notlocal'. Then someone started psoting as me so I had to register and add a photo.

Not sure the states could handle the EPA duties, but certainly the reigons could do a better job then the feds. They're just out to kill energy production and keep us on the mideast teat.

I have to say, I was enhanced with Romney's plan to have NA energy independent by 2020. We missed an opportunity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Travel to Europe... warning issued 1 min Catman Dave 5
Men in the Girls Bathroom 28 min Black Rhino 402
Obama appoints Muslim liaison to WH 1 hr Seriouslady 4
Donald Trump Big Liar 2 hr Just Sayin 16
Democraps....the party of rape 8 hr Seriouslady 22
California rejects John Wayne Day due to commen... 9 hr GORILLZ 187
Ya just can't make this stuff up 14 hr Taking A Dump 22
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages