Vigil for slain Black teen turns into...

Vigil for slain Black teen turns into riot / looting

Posted in the Columbus Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#2 Aug 11, 2014
Why are showing concern for this shooting?

Brooklyn, New York

#4 Aug 11, 2014
Oliver Canterberry wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I want Blacks to turn to the ways of Black Conservatives like Clarence Thomas, Walter Williams, Herman Cain, Ken Blackwell, J.C. Watts and other conservative Blacks that have the answer in self help, hard work, nuclear family, rugged individualism and away from failed Big Government programs such as busing, massive public housing projects, food stamps, Section 8 and other failed programs and policies that have done little to enslave Blacks on a Democrat run welfare plantation.
Section 8? Blacks are not the only race utilizing welfare. A fair percentage share your values and "concerns". You are expressing your opinion, to which you are entitled, not fact. If you are suggesting that any one from a conservative mindset can change your life, you sir, have not been paying attention.

Brooklyn, New York

#6 Aug 11, 2014
<quoted text>
Because I want Blacks to turn to the ways of Black Conservatives like Clarence Thomas, Walter Williams, Herman Cain, Ken Blackwell, J.C. Watts and other conservative Blacks that have the answer in self help, hard work, nuclear family, rugged individualism and away from failed Big Government programs such as busing, massive public housing projects, food stamps, Section 8 and other failed programs and policies that have done little to enslave Blacks on a Democrat run welfare plantation.
What of your community, sir? I assume you are of the caucasion persuasion? Your community has rid itself of crime? Rape, murder, corruption, poor people? If so, then you are in a position to show others. If not, kindly concern yourself with your problems and post solutions for them.

Brooklyn, New York

#7 Aug 11, 2014
<quoted text>
Section 8? Blacks are not the only race utilizing welfare.
True.
But they are the only race rioting and looting.
The only race rioting and looting? Are you serious? Do you need a reminder? A policeman shot an unarmed teenager on his way to college. Let's address that emotional roller coaster first, then I'll show you whites that riot as well documented news. "Educated" whites rioting, mind you.

Brooklyn, New York

#12 Aug 11, 2014
<quoted text>
Need I remind you of:
Willie Horton
Oscar Grant
Rodney King
Trayvon Martin
Riots and protests are pointless at this point.
Racism was gone and a valid argument the day Obama set foot in the White House.
The problem here is Black behavior, not Zimmerman, not the police but refusal to adopt Judeo-Christian morality, self help, hard work, honesty, punctuality, humility, those are the qualities that hold Blacks back.
No more games.
No more excuses.
No more race card.
The devil with a badge is stil a devil. It's a good thing police have never killed any whites by accident or a misunderstanding, huh?

“Baby, it's cold outside! ”

Since: Apr 10

BLOCKHEADS!

#13 Aug 11, 2014
I heard in the news and read that the youth pushed the officer back into the car...that is an assault on a policeman. Self defense.

It's one thing that a young man was shot and died, but it's another when the other people take it upon themselves to loot and riot when the officer was in the right.

Why do people feel the need to make matters worse,by mass rioting and looting, in a bad enough situation as it is?

I'll never get it.......MAYBE BR can explain
=~}

Brooklyn, New York

#14 Aug 11, 2014
BizzyBee wrote:
I heard in the news and read that the youth pushed the officer back into the car...that is an assault on a policeman. Self defense.
It's one thing that a young man was shot and died, but it's another when the other people take it upon themselves to loot and riot when the officer was in the right.
Why do people feel the need to make matters worse,by mass rioting and looting, in a bad enough situation as it is?
I'll never get it.......MAYBE BR can explain
=~}
I can only state the facts. A young man, who maybe should have been arrested, but not dead by the hands of the people supposed to serve and protect the community.

"Multiple witnesses told KMOV that Brown was unarmed and had his hands up in the air when he was cut down.

The officer “shot again and once my friend felt that shot, he turned around and put his hands in the air,” said witness Dorian Johnson.“He started to get down and the officer still approached with his weapon drawn and fired several more shots.”

There was no pushing. What are you talking about?

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#16 Aug 11, 2014
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
I can only state the facts. A young man, who maybe should have been arrested, but not dead by the hands of the people supposed to serve and protect the community.
"Multiple witnesses told KMOV that Brown was unarmed and had his hands up in the air when he was cut down.
The officer “shot again and once my friend felt that shot, he turned around and put his hands in the air,” said witness Dorian Johnson.“He started to get down and the officer still approached with his weapon drawn and fired several more shots.”
Here's one of them.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/10/justice/missour...

Brooklyn, New York

#17 Aug 11, 2014
Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text> Here's one of them.
The witnesses say there was no assault. The cops are saying there was. An unarmed teenager is dead and the cop is unidentified, yet on paid leave. It is confirmed that the teen was unarmed. No witness on the scene reports anyone assaulting the police officers. There is something fundamentally wrong with this picture.

BLOCKHEADS!

#18 Aug 11, 2014
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
The news and the papers said he pushed the officer and wouldn't let him get out of the car....
I'm just trying to understand...but why do the others feel a need to cause a riot and loot? That's not cool and makes the situation more out of hand than need be.
Thanks.....

BLOCKHEADS!

#19 Aug 11, 2014
<quoted text>
I head on Fox News that the young male pushed the officer into the vehicle and then tried to take the officer's gun, thereupon there was a fight and shots fired.
Black Rhino is not totally wrong. There was a study about 15 years ago in Psychology Today that showed that sports teams with Black jerseys like the Oakland Raiders, Pittsburgh Steelers and hockey teams all received more penalties than teams with colors other than Black.
Black denotes darkness in our culture (e.g., Black Cat is bad luck) and Black people are harder to see in the dark.
I am reading a book called "faces at the bottom of the well" by Derrick Bell to get a better understanding of this issue, I agree with some of his points, but not all, especially the pessimism.
However Black Conservatives (Clarence Thomas; Walter Williams) have proven that if you have the right attitude, hard work, punctuality, humility, timeliness, self help you can make it and make it big in America despite having Black skin.
Additionally there is never any excuse for looting and rioting.
NEVER.
There is no excuse to worsen the situation.
Another youth is dead and the controversy will deepen the discrimination people have, unfortunately. Sad.....I feel bad for his family.

How about people who drive red cars get more tickets?
=~}

BLOCKHEADS!

#20 Aug 11, 2014
Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text> Here's one of them.
Thanks Dave. I forgot to put the link in....lol
http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/11/us/missouri-tee...

Brooklyn, New York

#21 Aug 11, 2014
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
The news and the papers said he pushed the officer and wouldn't let him get out of the car....
I'm just trying to understand...but why do the others feel a need to cause a riot and loot? That's not cool and makes the situation more out of hand than need be.
Thanks.....
Witnesses on the scene said there was not assault. The police are saying there is. Where is the dash camera video? Now there is no video? Some news outlets are reporting what the police officer and his supieriors are saying. The witnesses on the street say otherwise. Killing an unarmed teen by a 6 year veteran of the force? Something stinks with that cops story.

BLOCKHEADS!

#22 Aug 11, 2014
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
Witnesses on the scene said there was not assault. The police are saying there is. Where is the dash camera video? Now there is no video? Some news outlets are reporting what the police officer and his supieriors are saying. The witnesses on the street say otherwise. Killing an unarmed teen by a 6 year veteran of the force? Something stinks with that cops story.
Unfortunately this always happens, they said, he said.
Where are the videos? Usually with all the cells today not one person caught it on video?
Hmmmm
It usually turns out there's always more to the story...little by little the truth, we hope, will reveal itself.
-=~}
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#23 Aug 11, 2014
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately this always happens, they said, he said.
Where are the videos? Usually with all the cells today not one person caught it on video?
Hmmmm
It usually turns out there's always more to the story...little by little the truth, we hope, will reveal itself.
-=~}
The truth is the cops will skate. They always do. A couple of months of paid administrative leave while a phony-baloney investigation is conducted after they all have their stories straight.
BACgameon

Columbus, OH

#24 Aug 11, 2014
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is the cops will skate. They always do. A couple of months of paid administrative leave while a phony-baloney investigation is conducted after they all have their stories straight.
And so will the black on black violence. It'll be back on in a week. A few more welfare checks to ease the grift, a couple blurred-out videos of the looters and a whole crowd of groids who say, "I ain't seen nuthin" Yep, Just another day down the toilet.
Get back in the game, Government cattle!

BLOCKHEADS!

#25 Aug 11, 2014
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike the Cleveland debacle where there were firings and jail for the cops who shot a barrage of bullets at a couple in a car....long story! Awfull!
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#30 Aug 14, 2014
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
good points above.

something sure stinks.

Now in regard to the riots…….that is stupid, and the damage the gang is doing to public or private property is going to provoke more shootings.

The neighborhood should have been seeking real justice to find TRUTH, and used the media to make sure it became a national case with all eyes upon it. Slight of hand all but impossible due to coverage.

TRUTH discovered, and actions taken…….what should be occurring.

We have instead a display live on TV of bad behavior that deserves a drone strike.

Brooklyn, New York

#31 Aug 14, 2014
<quoted text>
On Fox News tonight, a police designee said the police officer and young Black Male fought inside the police cruiser, contradicting Black eye witnesses.
4 witnesses says there was no struggle. Dash cam video? All of a sudden, not one cruiser had it running on the scene??? HUH? There is video, you better believe it, conservative.

Black eye witnesses. LOL! Face it, conservative, This police department is about to get what's coming to it. A history of harrassment and mistreatment from this department. Wait and see, my conservative voter.

Brooklyn, New York

#32 Aug 14, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
good points above.
something sure stinks.
Now in regard to the riots…….that is stupid, and the damage the gang is doing to public or private property is going to provoke more shootings.
The neighborhood should have been seeking real justice to find TRUTH, and used the media to make sure it became a national case with all eyes upon it. Slight of hand all but impossible due to coverage.
TRUTH discovered, and actions taken…….what should be occurring.
We have instead a display live on TV of bad behavior that deserves a drone strike.
Agreed. Rioting and looting very stupid. Angry youth didn't think that through very well...Hopefully clearer heads will prevail and this department of thugs will now face the music.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black Panther Sucked 5 min MovieCritic 1
Where Next Mass Shooting? 7 min Libs Lives Matter 11
I need a Bazooka 1 hr Charlton Heston 2
Public Breastfeeding Age Restriction 1 hr Leftist handjob 49
Proof that Trump voters want a Daddy 1 hr Leftist handjob 5
If this isn't global warming then what is it? 1 hr Leftist handjob 2
President's Day news: James Buchanan moves up 1 hr Leftist handjob 25
T Minus 4 3 2 1 ,,,, | Mueller Gone! 2 hr Duke for Mayor 1,397

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web