“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#844 Apr 24, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Push - push back - push - push back.
or
Live and let live.
It seems an obvious choice.
How many people are you really willing to kill?

I give you the other alternative, self-determination.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#845 Apr 24, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Who did Jesus murder?
It's in the Gnostic Gospel of Thomas. He killed a friend and resurrected him.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#846 Apr 24, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>I fail to see where the Catholic Church has pushed over the past 40 years. If anything, the leftists have been in charge of a great deal.
Anything not called, STFU and stay in the church is considered pushing.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#847 Apr 24, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, Tony.
You're revealing your true, hateful colors.
I admit I have a hard heart for control freaks... Muslim, Christian or any other. We each have a right to our own beliefs. Any imposition by any other may be unwelcome. If I am not demonstrably harming anyone, or violating anyone's superior right, I should be allowed to do anything I want without "punishment". The same should apply to homosexuals, polygamists, or gun owners. It's the SAME ISSUE!

The overriding concept in this country's founding was (and is) LIBERTY. That necessarily means that some citizens are going to do things that other citizens might not like, and under LIBERTY, we all have to have a modicum of tolerance and cooperation. Live and let live.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#849 Apr 24, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
How many people are you really willing to kill?
Only in defense of self, family, or property (property includes certain rights that I think I ought to have).
I give you the other alternative, self-determination.
It's tough to be self determinate when various others are trying to shove their "determinations" down your throat.

I'd really hate to quote Rodney King...

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#850 Apr 24, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I admit I have a hard heart for control freaks... Muslim, Christian or any other. We each have a right to our own beliefs. Any imposition by any other may be unwelcome. If I am not demonstrably harming anyone, or violating anyone's superior right, I should be allowed to do anything I want without "punishment". The same should apply to homosexuals, polygamists, or gun owners. It's the SAME ISSUE!
The overriding concept in this country's founding was (and is) LIBERTY. That necessarily means that some citizens are going to do things that other citizens might not like, and under LIBERTY, we all have to have a modicum of tolerance and cooperation. Live and let live.
As I've said before, you argue for a state of chaos.
And civilization, as we know it, cannot survive such a state.

"If nothing is self-evident, nothing can be proved. Similarly if nothing is obligatory for its own sake, nothing is obligatory at all."

-- C.S. Lewis

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#851 Apr 24, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I admit I have a hard heart for control freaks... Muslim, Christian or any other. We each have a right to our own beliefs. Any imposition by any other may be unwelcome. If I am not demonstrably harming anyone, or violating anyone's superior right, I should be allowed to do anything I want without "punishment". The same should apply to homosexuals, polygamists, or gun owners. It's the SAME ISSUE!
The overriding concept in this country's founding was (and is) LIBERTY. That necessarily means that some citizens are going to do things that other citizens might not like, and under LIBERTY, we all have to have a modicum of tolerance and cooperation. Live and let live.
For Jefferson and some others, liberty was the main concern.

For Hamilton, and his side, it wasn't.

I see little point if the main point of liberty is allowing the order is society to be demolished by the people's stupidity.

In a sense, I've soured a lot on liberty in recent months, if I have to accept a society that hates me, what is the point in having said society?

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#852 Apr 24, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
As I was waiting for Duke to defecate in the backyard this morning, a bright red cardinal flew down and landed on the picnic table next to me, sitting and chirping for a bit. I began thinking about our discourse on these boards over the past few days, wondering to myself, "Maybe Tippyhead is right. Maybe that nutty Tippy headed fundamentalist Bible thumper really is on to something, and I am not seeing things clearly."
As I thought long and hard about this while in what I could only describe as what must have been a divinely inspired trance, suddenly, a bright beam of sunlight burst through a break in the clouds, shining directly down onto the shimmering red cardinal.
It was then I heard it. Clearly. I could not believe it, but I heard it just the same. Emanating from the bird's beak, distinctly, five separate times: "Bullshitt. Bullshitt. Bullshitt. Bullshitt. Bullshitt."
Then, just as quickly as he had arrived, the divine messenger alit into the beam of sunshine, the clouds returned, and Duke was done.
The Book of Duke. Chapter I, Verse 2.
woof
Man that dog's doo must give off some toxic fumes!

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#853 Apr 24, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
It's in the Gnostic Gospel of Thomas. He killed a friend and resurrected him.
Regarded as forgeries by any credible scholar.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#854 Apr 24, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in defense of self, family, or property (property includes certain rights that I think I ought to have).
<quoted text>
It's tough to be self determinate when various others are trying to shove their "determinations" down your throat.
I'd really hate to quote Rodney King...
I'm not altogether than interested in getting along, I generally want a re-appraisal of the nation-states on the map for ideological realignment.

The current society has a large degree of "social freedom" and unsurprisingly I see no interest in defending it!

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#855 Apr 24, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
I at least know you will have the guts to pilot the drone,
It would be a tight squeeze :)
but don't act so sure of yourself, the progressives always think they are on the winning side...
I'm open to be shown that I'm wrong, but my standard of proof is pretty high. It's gotten me involved in a couple of hung juries. Now they don't call me up any more :)

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#856 Apr 24, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
As I've said before, you argue for a state of chaos.
And civilization, as we know it, cannot survive such a state.
"If nothing is self-evident, nothing can be proved. Similarly if nothing is obligatory for its own sake, nothing is obligatory at all."
-- C.S. Lewis
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

The logical outcome of relativism

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#857 Apr 24, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
For Jefferson and some others, liberty was the main concern.
For Hamilton, and his side, it wasn't.
I see little point if the main point of liberty is allowing the order is society to be demolished by the people's stupidity.
If the "stupidity" is demonstrably harmful to others, it should be interfered with. If not, let them dig their own graves. Society will carry on.
In a sense, I've soured a lot on liberty in recent months, if I have to accept a society that hates me, what is the point in having said society?
You don't have society. Society has you. The best you can do is the best you can do.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#858 Apr 24, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be a tight squeeze :)
<quoted text>
I'm open to be shown that I'm wrong, but my standard of proof is pretty high. It's gotten me involved in a couple of hung juries. Now they don't call me up any more :)
They say the drones will one day be autonomous...

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#860 Apr 24, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Regarded as forgeries by any credible scholar.
Forgeries of what???

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#861 Apr 24, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Regarded as forgeries by any credible scholar.
The term "forgery" doesn't completely apply, other than that it is highly likely that Thomas didn't write the Gnostic Thomas Gospel and Judas didn't write the Gnostic Judas Gospel (considering part is missing and he had only a few days to write it). The surviving texts are considered to be "authentic" Gnostic works, not "orthodox forgeries" intended to discredit.
Pale Rider

AOL

#862 Apr 24, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be a tight squeeze :)
<quoted text>
I'm open to be shown that I'm wrong, but my standard of proof is pretty high. It's gotten me involved in a couple of hung juries. Now they don't call me up any more :)
Yep it is high alright when they don't want you on a jury. You poison the jury with your off the wall, radical ideas.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#863 Apr 24, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
As I've said before, you argue for a state of chaos.
Demonstrable harm is not chaos, it is reason. You're free to practice your particular brand of order with anyone who wants to share it with you.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#864 Apr 24, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, Duke, I'm not God's administrative assistant.
You should share your thoughts directly with Him.
By the way, did you reach Holder today?
What would make you think I believe you have a connection like that?

And why would I need to contact Holder?

woof

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#865 Apr 24, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have society. Society has you. The best you can do is the best you can do.
People are in society whether they like it or not, the question is whether they are of society.

I'm not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BE THANKFUL FOR THOSE THAT STAND GUARD PROTECTI... 13 min Victor Charlie 4
Gallup: Obama Approval Plunges with Working-Cla... 37 min Zoe Regen 1
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 38 min likes on FB 2,525
Ferguson Missouri safer than Walmart in Circlev... 47 min Zoe Regen 1
Same USA? 55 min Black Rhino 18
Autopsy, toxicology report on Michael Brown 1 hr Black Rhino 394
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 1 hr Male 4,638
happy thanksgiving everyone! 8 hr They cannot kill ... 16
Columbus Dating
Find my Match

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:52 pm PST

Bleacher Report 7:52PM
Breaking Down Bills' Game Plan vs. Browns
NBC Sports 9:17 PM
Week 13 skill-position injury report — Wednesday
NBC Sports 4:58 AM
Browns teammates said Josh Gordon needed to "find himself"
Bleacher Report11:53 AM
Betting Odds, Prediction for Bengals vs. Bucs
Bleacher Report12:01 PM
Betting Odds, Prediction for Browns vs. Bills