The "Tolerant Left" Strikes Again
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#473 Apr 22, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Be a brave boy, doggie, and mock Mohammed to a Muslim's face.
You want to be consistent, don't you?
I didn't mock anyone. And Frankly, I believe just about all religious orders are founded upon a desire to control the masses. Always have been. Always will be.

woof

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#474 Apr 22, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
So you'd agree with me then. An Islam school can fire one for bringing in a ham sandwich for lunch, eh? Me, I wouldn't even want to try. But you GOT the right analogy there.
There's precedent Reader, and you know it. I've posted it, several Catholic schools have fired gays who outted themselves.
Catholic schools have hired via contract for a very long time. They hire teachers based on enrollment and incoming tuition.
These are adults in positions of influence over children. The church does not teach that gay relationships are moral, quite the contrary. It also has nothing to do with tolerance or believing Catholics (or substitute any religion name here) is "better" than another. The crux of the issue is the doctrine of the church and not allowing the state to encroach on it.
BTW the Islamic analogy wouldn't be bringing a ham sandwich to lunch, but rather having ham for dinner in the privacy of their home.

Kosmik

Since: Sep 10

Columbus, OH

#475 Apr 22, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
but you are claiming that we not only have no authority in terms of determining standards, even in our own house.
You lick the boots of the state.
What a hypocritical statement. You have the authority in your house to practice as you see fit. When you've out of your home you have the free will that you were granted with to either be involved or not be involved in questionable behaviors.

Your line of reasoning is insane in that you want your moral laws passed into real law, which then deprives others of activities that are none of your business.

I foget the author's name but there's a great book on the subject "Ain't nobodies business if you do, the absurdity of consensual crime in a free society.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#476 Apr 22, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
And I would say the crux of the matter is determining where the line is drawn. Even the broad latitude granted in the Michiigan decision would not go so far as to allow the ministerial exemption to apply to a non-Catholic gym teacher.
So I'd still get fired for bringing in a ham sandwich for lunch? Years ago, I got busted when working for a kosher nursing home. I accidentally brought in some non-kosher doughnuts for the office staff.(The entire facility was kept kosher.) Admittedly, I was young and naive, wasn't thinking. Got told to leave them in the car, or else. Why couldn't I have pulled the "Catholic" angle and said I wasn't "harming" anyone?

There have been several instances of this happening, in St. Louis, Cincinnati, and NYC.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#477 Apr 22, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is no free will, then no sin can be punished.
God is sovereign and omniscient. He knows the hearts of men from before they are born. He knew that Esau would sell his spiritual birthright [i.e., salvation] for material gain, and so:

Romans 9:10-20

And not only so, but also when Rebekah had conceived children by one man, our forefather Isaac, though they were not yet born and had done nothing either good or bad—in order that God's purpose of election might continue, not because of works but because of him who calls -- she was told, "The older will serve the younger." As it is written, "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated."

What shall we say then? Is there injustice on God's part? By no means! For he says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion." So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy. For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, "For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I might show my power in you, and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth." So then he has mercy on whomever he wills, and he hardens whomever he wills.

You will say to me then, "Why does he still find fault? For who can resist his will?" But who are you, O man, to answer back to God? Will what is molded say to its molder, "Why have you made me like this?"

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#478 Apr 22, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
tip, I believe, quoted from the JBS rag.
Does that make us tri-une?
To my knowledge, I have never referenced the John Birch Society -- outside of addressing your ridiculous claims regarding the Koch brothers and their involvement therewith.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#480 Apr 22, 2013
Oh, wait...I apologize.

You are speaking of the New American article referencing the Washington Times' editorial ripping to shreds the West Point propaganda on far-right extremism. I only referenced because it listed the various media outlets that reported on the "report" -- mpnf1979 was claiming that it had been ignored by the media.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#481 Apr 22, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW the Islamic analogy wouldn't be bringing a ham sandwich to lunch, but rather having ham for dinner in the privacy of their home.
No, because I am practicing my lifestyle. I can easily talk to children about how delicious a ham sandwich is and that it is an "acceptable" protein alternative, couldn't I? Could also be my ethnic and religious practices. Catholic Poles actually bless their food baskets at Easter in a service called "swienconka." My ham sandwich would come with the A-OK of the Vatican.

Lighten up, Reader.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#482 Apr 22, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Certainly, any employee confirmed to be practicing immorality and/or unethical behaviors, without any intention of repentance, can potentially be fired.
The employees know that fact when they sign the contract.
Because of the explicit definition of "immorality" provided to potential employees, no doubt.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#483 Apr 22, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
So you'd agree with me then. An Islam school can fire one for bringing in a ham sandwich for lunch, eh? Me, I wouldn't even want to try. But you GOT the right analogy there.
Except that "ham sandwich eating" isn't protected by the particular city code.

Kosmik

Since: Sep 10

Columbus, OH

#484 Apr 22, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Quoting the New American doesn't make you the same person, but it was weird that Kosmik was bringing up the same thing.
If you search Kosmik, on the threads, I've suggested before that you are the same individual.
Sort of how I'm alleged to be George.
You're not very bright, Reader is a highly intelligent, well spoken and thinking, and cute to boot.

I'm an old bald headed guy who every once in awhile hits the same point she made.

She's often pointed out to all of you who believe we're the same that I'm much more conservative than she it.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#485 Apr 22, 2013
-tip- wrote:
Oh, wait...I apologize.
You are speaking of the New American article referencing the Washington Times' editorial ripping to shreds the West Point propaganda on far-right extremism. I only referenced because it listed the various media outlets that reported on the "report" -- mpnf1979 was claiming that it had been ignored by the media.
And I recommend taking anything published by JBS with a pound of salt.

Kosmik

Since: Sep 10

Columbus, OH

#486 Apr 22, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that "ham sandwich eating" isn't protected by the particular city code.
"Eat that pork, eat that ham
Laugh til you choke on Billy Graham
Isaac, Moses, Abraham, it's all a waste of time
When it's your ass that's on the line" Frank Zappa

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#487 Apr 22, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing good in mankind that would cause him to seek God, nor can man participate in his own salvation. God is sovereign; only He can empower a heart to believe and to resist sin.
Romans 3:10-12
None is righteous, no, not one; no one understands; no one seeks for God.
All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one.
Your book means absolutely nothing to me.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#488 Apr 22, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because of the explicit definition of "immorality" provided to potential employees, no doubt.
Church doctrine does not support moral relativism, Tony.
The moral teachings are cut and dried.
You are making yourself look ridiculous.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#489 Apr 22, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
And I recommend taking anything published by JBS with a pound of salt.
The subject matter was, again, a WT editorial with direct quotes from various GOP reps, etc.

I suppose you pooh-pooh the WT as well.
Or anything that happens to disprove your political positions.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#490 Apr 22, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your book means absolutely nothing to me.
It's not my book; it's God's.
And you were questioning His actions.

I merely referenced His answers.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#491 Apr 22, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
No, because I am practicing my lifestyle. I can easily talk to children about how delicious a ham sandwich is and that it is an "acceptable" protein alternative, couldn't I? Could also be my ethnic and religious practices. Catholic Poles actually bless their food baskets at Easter in a service called "swienconka." My ham sandwich would come with the A-OK of the Vatican.
Lighten up, Reader.
But a relationship in the privacy of one's home is somehow different?

BTW, the church would have the option of returning to exclusive employment of a called faculty and formally integrate religious education throughout the curriculum. That is closer to the Michigan school.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#492 Apr 22, 2013
Kosmik wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not very bright, Reader is a highly intelligent, well spoken and thinking, and cute to boot.
I'm an old bald headed guy who every once in awhile hits the same point she made.
She's often pointed out to all of you who believe we're the same that I'm much more conservative than she it.
I'm assuming one of two

-Your trying to punk me into thinking you are Reader

or

-You actually are Reader praising yourself

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#493 Apr 22, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
But a relationship in the privacy of one's home is somehow different?
BTW, the church would have the option of returning to exclusive employment of a called faculty and formally integrate religious education throughout the curriculum. That is closer to the Michigan school.
Is a heterosexual marriage only a heterosexual marriage in the privacy of one's home?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tick Tock arrives just in time for Thanksgiving 49 min 404 not found 105
Malia Obama Draped All Over British Aristocrat ... 3 hr Duke for Mayor 19
Happy Thanksgiving 🦃 3 hr Turkey is nummy 1
TESLA: Electric Truckerland 🚛 3 hr Reality Speaks 31
My Cali Vacation Goes VIRAL 📈 3 hr Reality Speaks 5
A Liberal Thanksgiving 3 hr Duke for Mayor 5
John Conyers (No Fool Like An Old Liberal Fool) 3 hr Duke for Mayor 2

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages