Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2014

Judged:

Well, I'm hoping that you deregulationconservatives are happy now that your brothers and sisters down in good ole W.Va. have poisoned drinking water to sustain themselves. You should be very proud that your leaders have all but made the EPA completely powerless in trying to defend our country from polluting coporations. You should really pat yourselves on the back that Freedom Industries (gotta love that name) is doing this work as a part of Georgia-Pacific and we know who runs Georgia Pacific don't we??? Yeah, we do...your Coc#...oops I mean Koch Brothers and Koch Industries....so you've got your own kind poisoning your own kind and not much of a governmental agency to oversee any delegated responsibility.

This is the kind of America you want.
This is the type of America you're getting.

We on the left hope you're real happy with yourselves....
==========
Freedom Industries’ Other Chemical Storage Site Is Unsafe Too

By Emily Atkin on January 15, 2014 at 3:13 pm
http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2014/01/15/3...

After 7,500 gallons of a chemical called crude MCHM spilled into West Virginia waters on Thursday, contaminating potable water for 16 percent of the state, the company responsible was ordered to move the rest of those chemicals to a new site.

But that site is not safe either, according to a report released Wednesday by the state Department of Environmental Protection (DEP).

Freedom Industries has now been slapped with five violations from the DEP for using a storage facility without secondary containment — meaning there was no adequate barrier to prevent a chemical from leaving a site if it spilled from the original container. Federal law requires tanks and piping within 1,000 feet of community water systems to have secondary containment and be monitored for leaks.

“The plan indicates that the building itself acts as secondary containment, but holes exist at floor level in the building’s walls,” DEP inspector Kevin Saunders wrote in the report.“A variety of chemicals (emulsifiers, oxidizers, acids, corrosives, mineral oil, etc) were stored in the facility without secondary containment and could reach the trench in the event of a spill.”

What’s more, the new site Freedom Industries chose to store the crude MCHM was — like the first site — within 1,000 feet of a river that supplies potable water, the DEP report said.

According to the report, the new location to store the remaining crude MCHM is a building, which is surrounded by a trench. The trench is supposed to catch any runoff from the building, which Freedom Industries reportedly indicated may act as secondary containment. If anything spills from the building, it would just go into the trench, which cannot discharge into the water unless someone opens a gate.

“Bee Hive Jive”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2014

Scheherazade wrote:
Well, I'm hoping that you deregulationconservatives are happy now that your brothers and sisters down in good ole W.Va. have poisoned drinking water to sustain themselves. You should be very proud that your leaders have all but made the EPA completely powerless in trying to defend our country from polluting coporations. You should really pat yourselves on the back that Freedom Industries (gotta love that name) is doing this work as a part of Georgia-Pacific and we know who runs Georgia Pacific don't we??? Yeah, we do...your Coc#...oops I mean Koch Brothers and Koch Industries....so you've got your own kind poisoning your own kind and not much of a governmental agency to oversee any delegated responsibility.
This is the kind of America you want.
This is the type of America you're getting.
We on the left hope you're real happy with yourselves....
==========
Freedom Industries’ Other Chemical Storage Site Is Unsafe Too
By Emily Atkin on January 15, 2014 at 3:13 pm
http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2014/01/15/3...
After 7,500 gallons of a chemical called crude MCHM spilled into West Virginia waters on Thursday, contaminating potable water for 16 percent of the state, the company responsible was ordered to move the rest of those chemicals to a new site.
But that site is not safe either, according to a report released Wednesday by the state Department of Environmental Protection (DEP).
Freedom Industries has now been slapped with five violations from the DEP for using a storage facility without secondary containment — meaning there was no adequate barrier to prevent a chemical from leaving a site if it spilled from the original container. Federal law requires tanks and piping within 1,000 feet of community water systems to have secondary containment and be monitored for leaks.
“The plan indicates that the building itself acts as secondary containment, but holes exist at floor level in the building’s walls,” DEP inspector Kevin Saunders wrote in the report.“A variety of chemicals (emulsifiers, oxidizers, acids, corrosives, mineral oil, etc) were stored in the facility without secondary containment and could reach the trench in the event of a spill.”
What’s more, the new site Freedom Industries chose to store the crude MCHM was — like the first site — within 1,000 feet of a river that supplies potable water, the DEP report said.
According to the report, the new location to store the remaining crude MCHM is a building, which is surrounded by a trench. The trench is supposed to catch any runoff from the building, which Freedom Industries reportedly indicated may act as secondary containment. If anything spills from the building, it would just go into the trench, which cannot discharge into the water unless someone opens a gate.
The EPA is a halfass entity that gets payoffs.....
Moonshine over Miami

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2014

They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
One good rain or snow melt and everything will be fine.
You can't be serious!!?!?!? Do you know anything about the checmical damage and pollution to two different rivers??? Apparently not!!! This is far more damage than what "a good rain" can cure....we're not talking about ashes or soot here....
Moonshine over Miami

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2014

Judged:

BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
The EPA is a halfass entity that gets payoffs.....
I immediately notice that you're not commenting on the people responsible for the water pollution...you'd rather attack a government entity that had nothing to do with the damage....that's the right wing for 'ya!!!

Since: Dec 11

Franklin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2014

Your an idiot. You''ve had the reins of the EPA for 5 plus years and should it not be your fault? If regs have been gutted which is surely NOT the case it would be your responsibility to rectify the situation. Here's what I say. F#%k u and your EPA for allowing it.

“Bee Hive Jive”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2014

Moonshine over Miami wrote:
<quoted text>
I immediately notice that you're not commenting on the people responsible for the water pollution...you'd rather attack a government entity that had nothing to do with the damage....that's the right wing for 'ya!!!
Don't assume!.......I'm an Independent
The EPA doesn't do anything about anything...such as this situation which is causing more than pollution, people are sick.....literally.
EPA doesn't help people when their water supply is contaminated with fracking chemicals.
Do your research.
Like I said.....they are wimps when it comes to regulations......

“Bee Hive Jive”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2014

<quoted text>
The other day John Boehner said we have enough EPA. regulations and this article will explain a few other things of interest.....

http://rt.com/usa/epa-energy-fracking-investi...

When it come to people's water supply and health issues, I take notice.....

“Bee Hive Jive”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2014

<quoted text>
You can't be serious!!?!?!? Do you know anything about the checmical damage and pollution to two different rivers??? Apparently not!!! This is far more damage than what "a good rain" can cure....we're not talking about ashes or soot here....
Watch out.....
Spook knows all about it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Is Barak Obama responsible for the current bord... 2 hr Wait what 59
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 2 hr Pale Rider 2,700
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr Pope Che Reagan Christ I 28,457
Would you allow Obama's mother to use contracep... 3 hr Duke for Mayor 10
Syphilis cases on the rise again in Columbus 3 hr Duke for Mayor 8
IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities 3 hr Duke for Mayor 6
Iraq - The George W. Bush War 5 hr Reality speaks 136
•••
•••
•••
Columbus Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Columbus Jobs