First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#1 Nov 11, 2013
Well. It is my moral duty to tell truth...however unpleasant.

My wife works in health insurance...specifically, the health insurance brokerage industry. She hoped and believed in Obama and Obamacare. But, now. Working the guts of what is coming down everyday...she sees the ugly truth. Wendell Potter early on warned of this...that Obamacare does not address cost...and cost is the problem.

My wife sees all the numbers...and all the plans. A lot of middle class people are going to get screwed and screwed bad. In my own case, my rates go up $250 per month...IF I take the cheapest plan...which is terrible...a $6000 deductible.

Here's a really nasty nugget for people in Central Ohio. Guess what Anthem is doing...they're kicking OSU and Riverside hospitals out of their network. My wife had a woman with stage 4 breast cancer make her decision on a plan...based on the in and out of network shenanagans going ON RIGHT NOW.

Obama, The Democrats, and the left wing media are all lying. The problem at hand is not just the website...it is:

1) The computer system behind the website...it's all f'ed up.
2) It's the higher rates for middle class people.
3) It's crappiness of the plans and horsetrading of networks.

As a leftist...hell, I'm a Marxist...I wish it were not so. But. It is. Obama lied. Lied big.
Conservative

Springfield, OH

#2 Nov 11, 2013
People were warned right here on this forum for years about obamacare. Went in one ear, out the other.

All it took was reading the bill. Very few Americans did.

All were told, no one believed.

The employer exemption will expire in 2015 AFTER the elections, COINCIDENCE!!!! But wait and see what happens then.

I know one friend who retired from a company after 38 years and has already been told that January 1st, 2015 the company will no longer be subsidizing (they paid half) any retirees healthcare. Another coincidence!!!! This is a company with over 15,000 active employees. I don't know how many retirees.

What it will do is keep older employees from retiring thus keeping younger workers from obtaining good paying jobs.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#3 Nov 11, 2013
Pr Jonah wrote:
Guess what Anthem is doing...they're kicking OSU and Riverside hospitals out of their network.
More likely the other way around... OSU and Riverside refused to accept Anthem's UCRs.

Planet Earth

#4 Nov 11, 2013
Conservative wrote:
People were warned right here on this forum for years about obamacare. Went in one ear, out the other.
All it took was reading the bill. Very few Americans did.
All were told, no one believed.
The employer exemption will expire in 2015 AFTER the elections, COINCIDENCE!!!! But wait and see what happens then.
I know one friend who retired from a company after 38 years and has already been told that January 1st, 2015 the company will no longer be subsidizing (they paid half) any retirees healthcare. Another coincidence!!!! This is a company with over 15,000 active employees. I don't know how many retirees.
What it will do is keep older employees from retiring thus keeping younger workers from obtaining good paying jobs.
I've said from the beginning some people need a good hard dose of consequences before they'll change their minds. Well, it's coming... in SPADES!

Like my Mom used to say... "When you fall out of that tree and break your leg, don't come running to me." :)
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#5 Nov 11, 2013
Is now a good time to say I told you so?

Planet Earth

#6 Nov 11, 2013
Wait what wrote:
Is now a good time to say I told you so?
I'd wait another year...
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#7 Nov 12, 2013
Pr Jonah wrote:
My wife works in health insurance...specifically, the health insurance brokerage industry. She hoped and believed in Obama and Obamacare. But, now. Working the guts of what is coming down everyday...she sees the ugly truth. Wendell Potter early on warned of this...that Obamacare does not address cost...and cost is the problem.
My wife sees all the numbers...and all the plans. A lot of middle class people are going to get screwed and screwed bad. In my own case, my rates go up $250 per month...IF I take the cheapest plan...which is terrible...a $6000 deductible.
Here's a really nasty nugget for people in Central Ohio. Guess what Anthem is doing...they're kicking OSU and Riverside hospitals out of their network. My wife had a woman with stage 4 breast cancer make her decision on a plan...based on the in and out of network shenanagans going ON RIGHT NOW.
Obama, The Democrats, and the left wing media are all lying. The problem at hand is not just the website...it is:
As a leftist...hell, I'm a Marxist...I wish it were not so. But. It is. Obama lied. Lied big.
good post.

I am a conservative, and Obama was elected with all 3 branches of government in his pocket.
the past 5 democratic POTUS tried ramming universal healthcare down America's throat.

healthcare had nothing to do with Obamacare, and everything to do with destroying the healthcare industry, so the Dems can play Daddy with your life at stake. A massive power grab over the people.

Wife is OSU medical employee.

At a dinner a month ago with a couple new resident Dr's, they said Obama can tell me what I can earn, after his pay is cut from 400 to 40 grand a year.

They are refusing patients.

At this moment all other countries are recruiting our Doctors.

that 40,000,000 uninsured who Government demands be service free....will wait in lines 6 months at minimum to see a Doctor who is working because they want to heal, or sucks so bad nobody else would hire them.

All the others will be in private practices where only cash is accepted.

My Doctor won't deal with insurance period. To your face she will say that is my job to be reimbursed for my expenditure, not her.

Don't like it....leave.

cut & dry.

Obama screwed every citizen in this country. The law will be erased prior to next election for POTUS.

Why.....because the Dems won't receive 10% of the vote if law is still active.
They cannot kill a Spook

Detroit, MI

#8 Nov 12, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
good post.
I am a conservative, and Obama was elected with all 3 branches of government in his pocket.
the past 5 democratic POTUS tried ramming universal healthcare down America's throat.
healthcare had nothing to do with Obamacare, and everything to do with destroying the healthcare industry, so the Dems can play Daddy with your life at stake. A massive power grab over the people.
Wife is OSU medical employee.
At a dinner a month ago with a couple new resident Dr's, they said Obama can tell me what I can earn, after his pay is cut from 400 to 40 grand a year.
They are refusing patients.
At this moment all other countries are recruiting our Doctors.
that 40,000,000 uninsured who Government demands be service free....will wait in lines 6 months at minimum to see a Doctor who is working because they want to heal, or sucks so bad nobody else would hire them.
All the others will be in private practices where only cash is accepted.
My Doctor won't deal with insurance period. To your face she will say that is my job to be reimbursed for my expenditure, not her.
Don't like it....leave.
cut & dry.
Obama screwed every citizen in this country. The law will be erased prior to next election for POTUS.
Why.....because the Dems won't receive 10% of the vote if law is still active.
The democrats and R.I.N.O.s like McCain and Graham will just make it illegal to pay cash for medical treatment. Osama care will eventually become single payer. The writing is on the bath house walls.
Oliver Canterberry

Columbus, OH

#9 Nov 12, 2013
Obama lied,
health care died.

Patients die waiting,
our sick wait in lines,

The old have no care,
the young face fines.

Reverend Jeremiah Wright smiles,
Saul Alinsky laughs from the grave.

Obama did hear, yet another lie.
Obama is damning America,
just like Reverend Wright said.

Freedom is reeling and choices are dead.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#10 Nov 12, 2013
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
The democrats and R.I.N.O.s like McCain and Graham will just make it illegal to pay cash for medical treatment. Osama care will eventually become single payer. The writing is on the bath house walls.
and graffiti can be sandblasted off in just a few minutes.

abortions being illegal never slowed them down.

a shotgun under the RINO's nose, will turn him into a mute mouse.

McCain and Graham both stand ZERO chance of re-election. Wish the same for Reid and Pelosi.

McCain being shot down saved him a court marshall for behavior unbefitting an officer.

like Goose & Maverick, but not with the fantasy flying skills. A child flying a jet, and doing donuts on a carrier deck for fun.

Since: Jun 13

Utopia, Ohio

#11 Nov 12, 2013
Oliver Canterberry wrote:
Obama lied,
health care died.
Patients die waiting,
our sick wait in lines,
The old have no care,
the young face fines.
Reverend Jeremiah Wright smiles,
Saul Alinsky laughs from the grave.
Obama did hear, yet another lie.
Obama is damning America,
just like Reverend Wright said.
Freedom is reeling and choices are dead.
Did you write a poem for:

"Read my lips...NO NEW TAXES".

"I can not recall, senator" (Iran-Contra)

"We found weapons of mass destruction"

I would like to hear those, Shakespare.
Oliver Canterberry

Columbus, OH

#12 Nov 12, 2013
Those mis-statements don't compare,
to the lie that is Obamacare.

Obamacare destroys the nation, doctors, families.

Obamacare is the single worst decision since the decision to bring African slaves to America to pick cotton on Southern Plantations.

Wake up and smell the coffee drone.

Your health care is doomed as well and those with special needs will suffer most.

Utopia, Ohio

#13 Nov 12, 2013
I have a job. skilled labor. My insurance is fine, thanks.
Oliver Canterberry

Columbus, OH

#14 Nov 12, 2013
Gabriels Hammer wrote:
I have a job. skilled labor. My insurance is fine, thanks.
Where is your pseudo bleeding heart liberalism now that people are suffering and being kicked off plans?

There have been 100 cancelations for every person signing up for Obamacare, this is the biggest disaster since the Titanic.

Again I say in prose'

Obama lied,
health care died.

“Keep your policy period. LMAO”

Since: Sep 13

The 57th state

#15 Nov 12, 2013
Pr Jonah wrote:
Interesting post...I am impressed that you are not carrying Obama'a water at all cost for a change......

In my business, I work with a LOT of DIE HARD union progressive liberals,
There are a lot of unhappy progressive campers.

Those crazy Conservative racist fascists have been warning about this since they first got a chance to "READ" the bill........

http://www.speaker.gov/general/flashback-hous...
Oliver Canterberry

Columbus, OH

#16 Nov 12, 2013
what_me_worry_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting post...I am impressed that you are not carrying Obama'a water at all cost for a change......
In my business, I work with a LOT of DIE HARD union progressive liberals,
There are a lot of unhappy progressive campers.
Those crazy Conservative racist fascists have been warning about this since they first got a chance to "READ" the bill........
http://www.speaker.gov/general/flashback-hous...
To quote Jeremiah Wright, the chickens (Obama lies) have come home to roost with the Liberal Democrats. Communism and Social Justice is great as long as someone else is paying.

Utopia, Ohio

#17 Nov 12, 2013
Oliver Canterberry wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is your pseudo bleeding heart liberalism now that people are suffering and being kicked off plans?
There have been 100 cancelations for every person signing up for Obamacare, this is the biggest disaster since the Titanic.
Again I say in prose'
Obama lied,
health care died.
Bleeding heart? Keep your glenn beck rhetoric to yourself. I never claimed to be liberal or conservative. You are making an assumption and we all know what that means.

Please show me where you get the "100 of cancelations for every person signing up for Obamacare" figure from. If they are truly suffering and until this ACA is corrected, they are able to switch and get the health care they need. Why did you leave that part out?
Oliver Canterberry

Columbus, OH

#18 Nov 12, 2013
Gabriels Hammer wrote:
<quoted text>
Bleeding heart? Keep your glenn beck rhetoric to yourself. I never claimed to be liberal or conservative. You are making an assumption and we all know what that means.
Please show me where you get the "100 of cancelations for every person signing up for Obamacare" figure from. If they are truly suffering and until this ACA is corrected, they are able to switch and get the health care they need. Why did you leave that part out?
Please show me where you get the "100 of cancelations for every person signing up for Obamacare" figure from.

Conservative Talk Radio, multiple sources

If they are truly suffering and until this ACA is corrected, they are able to switch and get the health care they need. Why did you leave that part out

Not true, Obamacare is designed to make people suffer, spread chaos until people accept Obama as a Dictator.

This is the Soviet Union / Joseph Stalin / Karl Marx all over again.

“Keep your policy period. LMAO”

Since: Sep 13

The 57th state

#19 Nov 12, 2013
Gabriels Hammer wrote:
<quoted text>
Scorecard: Around 100,000 Enrollees And Five Million Cancellations

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/201...

re: your comment that you have not declared your political sympathies here on topix.......

hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahah ahaha

ur funny gabby

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#20 Nov 12, 2013
Pr Jonah wrote:
I have to give you credit, preacher...you told the truth. May your emergence into sanity be permanent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Buckeyes vs Kent State 5 min They cannot kill ... 13
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 5 min Canton 31,188
Gotta Love that Palin Charm 32 min Progressive Ohioan 12
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 58 min anonymous 937
Somali immigrants fight for improvements to Nor... 1 hr sidekick 2
Pet and animal reports 1 hr BizzyBee 46
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 2 hr d pantz 3,357
•••
•••
•••