Obama's "Change" lie

I didn't inhale

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#41 Nov 27, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Start with yesterday's stories in the NYT and Washington Post. Scroll through the comments there as well, particularly the ones in the NYT. Then expand to other major domestic newspapers and similar overseas sources.
You'd be surprised what you can learn.
woof
So now you're getting your news from the comments section of the NYT (which, BTW did not have the specifics I provided in its article.)
Way to go, Douchie. You must be quite the character when it come to presenting evidence in your professio,
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#42 Nov 27, 2013
Trayvonius Martinez wrote:
<quoted text>So now you're getting your news from the comments section of the NYT (which, BTW did not have the specifics I provided in its article.)
Way to go, Douchie. You must be quite the character when it come to presenting evidence in your professio,
Paco, the "specifics" you cite are irrelevant. Not to mention that they are exactly the same sort of "evidence" that you are backhandedly disparaging. And I dare say, the readership of the NYT is typically a wee bit more educated and worldly than one finds here. Its precisely one of the reasons I enjoy reading the NYT.

That being said, the NYT articles published in the past two days make it quite clear that the US military has numerous resources deployed in the region, and that if China were to take the least bit of aggressive action during such a flight, it would be dealt with appropriately. You claimed that that was unreported. It was indeed mentioned.

Read them.

woof

“Seven Days In May”

Hilliard, OH

#43 Nov 27, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Paco, the "specifics" you cite are irrelevant. Not to mention that they are exactly the same sort of "evidence" that you are backhandedly disparaging. And I dare say, the readership of the NYT is typically a wee bit more educated and worldly than one finds here. Its precisely one of the reasons I enjoy reading the NYT.
That being said, the NYT articles published in the past two days make it quite clear that the US military has numerous resources deployed in the region, and that if China were to take the least bit of aggressive action during such a flight, it would be dealt with appropriately. You claimed that that was unreported. It was indeed mentioned.
Read them.
woof
Show me where the specific assets used (beside the BUFFS) were mentioned. THAT'S my point, Douchie. Everyone knows there forces in the area.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#44 Nov 27, 2013
<quoted text>Show me where the specific assets used (beside the BUFFS) were mentioned. THAT'S my point, Douchie. Everyone knows there forces in the area.
But Paco, you keep on making my argument for me and you don't even realize it.

Here is your original claim about the stories:
BTW, Douchie...the BUFF flyover wasn't nearly as daring as it might sound. There's naturally no mention of the nearby AWACS and minimum four ship Raptor formation just outside China's so-called ADIZ.
Clearly, you claim that the stories' descriptions of the flights ignored the fact that they really weren't all that risky, because of US military resources present in the area.

The NYT articles clearly mention US naval and air superiority in comparison to China, and the fact that those resources are currently deployed in the region, both on the seas, and poised on the ground ready to be airborne at any moment.

The details you add are unnecessary to draw the conclusion that the flights weren't all that risky to the pilots. They are superfluous to that conclusion, which can easily be drawn from reading the stories themselves.

While you are correct, the details are no different than the information provided by many other people who are accurately providing additional information by commenting on the NYT website behind those stories.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#45 Nov 27, 2013
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/27/world/asia/...

" Pressed on whether the Chinese move represents an overt attempt to fill an American security void in the region, Pentagon officials responded by pointing to the American response to the catastrophic typhoon that struck the Philippines this month. The United States quickly moved in hundreds of Marines, dozens of transport aircraft and an entire aircraft carrier strike group. China’s offer of military assistance was feeble by comparison.

However, Mr. Obama is fielding a new national security team with views on Asia that are still coalescing and with relatively little experience in the region.

In her first major speech on Asia policy last week, Mr. Obama’s national security adviser, Susan E. Rice, did not mention the mutual defense clause in the treaty between the United States and Japan — an omission her colleagues dismissed as irrelevant, since American officials reiterate it religiously, but which troubled some in Japan.

But Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel wasted no time in responding to the initial Chinese declaration, issuing a statement on Saturday reiterating that the United States was “steadfast in our commitments to our allies and partners.” He also repeated that the mutual defense treaty with Japan applies to the disputed islands.

American officials said Tuesday that the United States military would continue to stage a standard cycle of training flights over the East China Sea. The flight by the bombers was first reported Tuesday by The Wall Street Journal."

he tensions are likely to increase. The Chinese Navy has put its only aircraft carrier out to sea, on a course toward the South China Sea. In the East China Sea, an American carrier group is joining Japanese warships for long-planned naval exercises.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/28/world/asia/...

With so much firepower in such hotly contested waters, experts said there was a real danger of miscalculation by either side. Mr. Biden, who will begin his trip in Tokyo, is expected to urge Mr. Abe to show restraint as well.

woof
TransSiberinSniz zleTroopr

Lafayette, OH

#46 Nov 27, 2013
65 Outrageous Lies by President Obama

go blue

no charge

“Seven Days In May”

Hilliard, OH

#47 Nov 27, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11 /27/world/asia/us-flies-b-52s- into-chinas-expanded-air-defen se-zone.html
" Pressed on whether the Chinese move represents an overt attempt to fill an American security void in the region, Pentagon officials responded by pointing to the American response to the catastrophic typhoon that struck the Philippines this month. The United States quickly moved in hundreds of Marines, dozens of transport aircraft and an entire aircraft carrier strike group. China’s offer of military assistance was feeble by comparison.
However, Mr. Obama is fielding a new national security team with views on Asia that are still coalescing and with relatively little experience in the region.
In her first major speech on Asia policy last week, Mr. Obama’s national security adviser, Susan E. Rice, did not mention the mutual defense clause in the treaty between the United States and Japan — an omission her colleagues dismissed as irrelevant, since American officials reiterate it religiously, but which troubled some in Japan.
But Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel wasted no time in responding to the initial Chinese declaration, issuing a statement on Saturday reiterating that the United States was “steadfast in our commitments to our allies and partners.” He also repeated that the mutual defense treaty with Japan applies to the disputed islands.
American officials said Tuesday that the United States military would continue to stage a standard cycle of training flights over the East China Sea. The flight by the bombers was first reported Tuesday by The Wall Street Journal."
he tensions are likely to increase. The Chinese Navy has put its only aircraft carrier out to sea, on a course toward the South China Sea. In the East China Sea, an American carrier group is joining Japanese warships for long-planned naval exercises.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/28/world/asia/...
With so much firepower in such hotly contested waters, experts said there was a real danger of miscalculation by either side. Mr. Biden, who will begin his trip in Tokyo, is expected to urge Mr. Abe to show restraint as well.
woof
And nary a mention of an AWACS and a four ship Raptor flight just outside the zone.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#48 Nov 27, 2013
<quoted text>And nary a mention of an AWACS and a four ship Raptor flight just outside the zone.
Paco, you just do not get it do you?

woof
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#49 Nov 27, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
woof
He's stupid and arrogant. Even if he "gets it" he will never admit it.

“Seven Days In May”

Hilliard, OH

#50 Nov 27, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
woof
Just as I will never admit to "getting it" about the law, you will never "get" geopolitics, hardware, tactics and military strategy. Recall my family history, upbringing and education, despite your ridicule. I know what I'm talking about.

“The One! The Only! RUKiddingme”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey, Baby!

#51 Nov 27, 2013
History Lesson wrote:
Reaganomics a.k.a. The Trickle Down Theory.
Biggest lie in the history of all presidential lies!
It proved to the economically enlightened that his administration was one of the worst we've ever seen.
The Reagan administration did more damage to our economy than all of the following president combined; which includes Dub-ya!
We still have strong repercussions today from Reagan's Reverse Robin Hood principle, and we probably will have far into future.
Tell it, brother.

Jersey, Baby!

#52 Nov 27, 2013
<quoted text>Just as I will never admit to "getting it" about the law, you will never "get" geopolitics, hardware, tactics and military strategy. Recall my family history, upbringing and education, despite your ridicule. I know what I'm talking about.
No you don't, knothead.

Jersey, Baby!

#53 Nov 27, 2013
<quoted text>I'm well aware, Douchie. You actually trust Obama to maintain the course? Of course you do...
I'm betting Japan is dusting off its contingency plans...the ones where they go it alone.
With what would Japan go it alone, Pickapaco?

Show your work.

“Seven Days In May”

Hilliard, OH

#54 Nov 27, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
With what would Japan go it alone, Pickapaco?
Show your work.
With weapons I will not describe, moron. Take that from someone who knows.

“Seven Days In May”

Hilliard, OH

#55 Nov 27, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
No you don't, knothead.
Oh, my...the phony "comptroller" is determined to embarrass himself.
Johnathan Masters

Louisville, KY

#56 Nov 27, 2013
This poll tells me there's lots of Republican hacks, a few Democratic hacks, and that's about it.
Johnathan Masters

Louisville, KY

#57 Nov 27, 2013
History Lesson wrote:
Reaganomics a.k.a. The Trickle Down Theory.
Biggest lie in the history of all presidential lies!
It proved to the economically enlightened that his administration was one of the worst we've ever seen.
The Reagan administration did more damage to our economy than all of the following president combined; which includes Dub-ya!
We still have strong repercussions today from Reagan's Reverse Robin Hood principle, and we probably will have far into future.
Exactly right.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#58 Nov 28, 2013
<quoted text>Just as I will never admit to "getting it" about the law, you will never "get" geopolitics, hardware, tactics and military strategy. Recall my family history, upbringing and education, despite your ridicule. I know what I'm talking about.
Dude...the point is that you could be the foremost "expert" in all of the fields you just mentioned (you aren't) and it is irrelevant to the point your are trying to make, because there is none.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#59 Nov 28, 2013
<quoted text>With weapons I will not describe, moron. Take that from someone who knows.
Merely out of curiosity, why won't you describe them?

woof
Linda

Columbus, OH

#60 Nov 28, 2013
Obama lied,

health care died.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama Admits Communist Davis “Schooled” Him 14 min Male 185
Ohio High School cancels Muslim Day celebration... 30 min Duke for Mayor 137
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 1 hr Reality Speaks 6,211
BizzyBee HAS LEFT THIS FORUM…..FOR GOOD! 1 hr Twit Patrol 105
Remember back when MEN used to be MEN ?? 1 hr wtf 1
If Bruce Jenners convicted of vehic manslaughte... 1 hr hahaha 3
Will Bruce Jenner now be allowed to use the wom... 2 hr Reality Speaks 53
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]