Do you make use of grocery store "fuel perks" type programs?

Created by Molly Lee on Dec 14, 2013

21 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes, all of the time

Yes, quite often

Yes, but not very often

No, never

There is nothing like that available where I live

Bill

Dublin, OH

#1 Dec 14, 2013
I try to avoid it due to quality issues. Can't say I don't ever, though.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#2 Dec 14, 2013
What do you mean by "quality issues?" Have bought a lot of discounted Giant Eagle gas, never a problem.
They cannot kill a Spook

Toledo, OH

#3 Dec 14, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
What do you mean by "quality issues?" Have bought a lot of discounted Giant Eagle gas, never a problem.
Giant Eagle, Pitlot, and Flying J all buy "rack gas" which just means they by from the cheapest vendor of a given period. Yiou could get BP, Marathon, Shell etc. All good fuels.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#4 Dec 14, 2013
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
Giant Eagle, Pitlot, and Flying J all buy "rack gas" which just means they by from the cheapest vendor of a given period. Yiou could get BP, Marathon, Shell etc. All good fuels.
That what I thought. I haven't heard of any real fuel problems in quality since the 70s or maybe early 80s -- there was a time Sohio (now BP) supposedly had quality problems. Has there been any fuel quality problems?
They cannot kill a Spook

Toledo, OH

#5 Dec 14, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
That what I thought. I haven't heard of any real fuel problems in quality since the 70s or maybe early 80s -- there was a time Sohio (now BP) supposedly had quality problems. Has there been any fuel quality problems?
Only ones I know of are local staion issues feom time to time were someone puts say diesel fuel or E85 in the wrong tank.
E85 though is hard on vehicles even the ones designed for.it ( flex fuel) because it ready absorbs water .

Then of course you have the idiot with a diesel that grabs the wrong hose and puts gas in their diesel pickup.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#6 Dec 14, 2013
there are fewer and fewer refineries online nowadays thanks to the all-seeing, all-knowing government, so your gas is really almost all the same no matter which brand you buy. The only difference is the mix of additives a particular brand may use.

I use GE's program all the time. It's simple, easy to use, and saves a bunch of money if you use it smartly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chevrolet Malibu Owners: Problems & Solutions (Jun '06) 22 min Big Johnson 2,725
Where has Rowdy been 1 hr They cannot kill ... 1
Columbus police officer to resign after pleadin... 1 hr Big Johnson 2
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 2 hr Go Blue Forever 3,965
President Ebola 3 hr Black Rhino 695
Toddler In Stroller Hit By Car In West Columbus 4 hr They cannot kill ... 3
Columbus airport not screening passengers for E... 5 hr Guy Wiliford II 13
Autopsy, toxicology report on Michael Brown 5 hr They cannot kill ... 107
Columbus Dating
Find my Match

Columbus Jobs

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance