No felony charges for landlord in fatal fire

Feb 4, 2012 Read more: The Columbus Dispatch

Curated by Melissa Wolfe from the Columbus Museum of Art, 100 Years of Art serves as a tribute to C... Columbus prosecutors filed 20 misdemeanor code-violation charges yesterday against landlord Sam Vazirani for allowing people to live in a Franklinton house that he owned after city building officials ordered it vacated in 2009 for safety hazards.

Read more
West Side Landlord

Columbus, OH

#1 Feb 4, 2012
There shouldn't be ANY charges against Sam. What do these monkeys expect for the small amount of rent that they pay, Miranonva?

We are in this business so that we can pay for our houses and send our kids to good schools. Do you have any idea what Columbus School for Girls costs?$17,000 for first grade, and it goes up every year from there! And how about a lift ticket in Aspen?$175 for 2 days, which is $700 a week. And don't even talk to me about $625 for a propeller for my Chris Craft.- which is more than these people pay a month to rent one of my places.

So I don't want to hear crying when someone's heat goes out on xmas eve, and I can't find someone to fix it - none of you lazy b@st@rds want to work from the 24th to the 26th.

Time to bump up rent agan, to cover potential ocurt costs
sidekick

Chillicothe, OH

#2 Feb 4, 2012
Hedrick said the most that Vazirani could expect to serve is 11/2 years in jail.

Does this mean 11months to 2years? or, 11yrs or 2yrs?

What ever was the cause of fire does not bring back the family, but more of a cost of lives to have the city open their eyes on slumlords. That City vehicle they drive around all day, should not be only used for a ride to the next shovel leaning.
If these kind of landlords are going to buy these houses for good reasons of a money investment, then that's their business. They shouldn't be renting them out though, bypassing codes, inspections and generic fixes that put peoples lives at risk.
Maybe this will expose more of these slumlords to step it up and not take advanage of tenants. Sad situation for a family to go through, and on Christmas is devastating.
Duh

Columbus, OH

#3 Feb 4, 2012
I agree he is a slum lord but the man, woman & her child have some responsibility , even her family. she was on welfare but she chose to sleep there for a week, on a mattress with the man & child. they had electricity and flat screen tv. their families also need to take some blame. why did they not let them stay with them for awhile. the sister with the ugly red wig , also on welfare. they had heat until that morning. they chose to live like that. there is more to the story than the landlord. the family of each need to take their share of the blame. they let their sister, child live there.!!!! quit complaining , go have your hair done & do not forget the long nails.!!! better , get a job, quit sleeping around & do better for yourselves!!!! red wig sounded & looked very stupid on tv!!!!!!!!
Good

Apollo, PA

#5 Apr 19, 2013
well that's good to here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mus lims are such peaceful people 6 min Pope Che Reagan C... 82
Columbus man on a deadly mission, caught 13 min Pope Che Reagan C... 105
Obama Admits Communist Davis “Schooled” Him 1 hr Male 73
When Obama gets to Heaven will he be a Muslim o... 1 hr d pantz 32
Statistics of Wars Throughout History 2 hr BizzyBee 3
News Ex-pastor gets 6 years in sex case | The Columb... (Feb '11) 3 hr d pantz 30
Do Atheist Firemen go to Hell or Heaven? 4 hr d pantz 85
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]