|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Colorado town to consider drone hunting license, bounty

By Dylan Stableford, Yahoo! News | The Sideshow – 2 hrs 30 mins ago

A small town in Colorado is considering an ordinance that would create a license and bounty for hunters to shoot down drones.

"We do not want drones in town," Phillip Steel, the Deer Trail, Colo., resident who drafted the ordinance, told Denver's ABC7 affiliate. "They fly in town, they get shot down."

Steel's proposal, recently submitted to the town board, calls for a $25 drone hunting license and outlines "rules of engagement" for hunters looking to shoot down the unmanned aerial devices:

The Town of Deer Trail shall issue a reward of $100 to any shooter who presents a valid hunting license and the following identifiable parts of an unmanned aerial vehicle whose markings and configuration are consistent with those used on any similar craft known to be owned or operated by the United States federal government.

Steel said that while he's never seen a drone flying in Deer Trail, the ordinance is a "symbolic" one.

"I do not believe in the idea of a surveillance society, and I believe we are headed that way," he said.

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, Deer Trail's population was 559 in 2011.

"They'll sell like hotcakes," Steel said of the proposed drone license. "It could be a huge moneymaker for the town."

David Boyd, one of Deer Field's seven board members, supports the drone ordinance.

"Even if a tiny percentage of people get online (for a) drone license, that's cool," Boyd said. "That's a lot of money to a small town like us. Could be known for it as well, which probably might be a mixed blessing, but what the heck."

There's even talk of the town—which claims to be home to "the world's first rodeo"—hosting the world's first drone hunt. "A skeet, fun-filled festival," town clerk Kim Oldfield said.

The board will consider the drone hunting ordinance on Aug. 6.
They cannot kill a Spook

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Elmer Fudd wrote:
Colorado town to consider drone hunting license, bounty
By Dylan Stableford, Yahoo! News | The Sideshow – 2 hrs 30 mins ago
A small town in Colorado is considering an ordinance that would create a license and bounty for hunters to shoot down drones.
"We do not want drones in town," Phillip Steel, the Deer Trail, Colo., resident who drafted the ordinance, told Denver's ABC7 affiliate. "They fly in town, they get shot down."
Steel's proposal, recently submitted to the town board, calls for a $25 drone hunting license and outlines "rules of engagement" for hunters looking to shoot down the unmanned aerial devices:
The Town of Deer Trail shall issue a reward of $100 to any shooter who presents a valid hunting license and the following identifiable parts of an unmanned aerial vehicle whose markings and configuration are consistent with those used on any similar craft known to be owned or operated by the United States federal government.
Steel said that while he's never seen a drone flying in Deer Trail, the ordinance is a "symbolic" one.
"I do not believe in the idea of a surveillance society, and I believe we are headed that way," he said.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, Deer Trail's population was 559 in 2011.
"They'll sell like hotcakes," Steel said of the proposed drone license. "It could be a huge moneymaker for the town."
David Boyd, one of Deer Field's seven board members, supports the drone ordinance.
"Even if a tiny percentage of people get online (for a) drone license, that's cool," Boyd said. "That's a lot of money to a small town like us. Could be known for it as well, which probably might be a mixed blessing, but what the heck."
There's even talk of the town—which claims to be home to "the world's first rodeo"—hosting the world's first drone hunt. "A skeet, fun-filled festival," town clerk Kim Oldfield said.
The board will consider the drone hunting ordinance on Aug. 6.
How about hacking the controls like texas A&M students did and crazhing it into a Fema van? Will that be.worth say double?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

30 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 9 min Old Guy 28,990
Does Obama have the right to ban cameras, media... 23 min Putin tough Obama soft 10
No you agree with Israeli airstrikes into Gaza? 43 min Reality Speaks 23
500 march for Trayvon Martin in Columbus (Mar '12) 51 min Reality Speaks 404
Puppet-OTUS 1 hr Reality Speaks 38
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 1 hr Reality Speaks 2,891
Ann Coulter: "White Guilt Has Produced Mistake ... (Sep '12) 1 hr Smith 30
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE