Kansas passing Bill to allow spankin...
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#102 Feb 20, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
I get where you are coming from on your position regarding thread topic.
However.....not all parents are whom you fear. My guess is you fear 15% of all parents, and that alone is criminal.....I get it. I just hope my guess at % is high.
We also have parents who plant kids in front of TV, and ignore their lives awaiting the kid move out day. This % is significant.
What we have is a society that legislates excuses for personal behavior, and persecutes those in disagreement.
Parents need to parent. Kids just like puppies require training. Kids learn most from watching and listening to parents.
Child abuse.....is it just being beat, or could it be said parents who ignore the responsibility to raise moral well educated children abused them?
Being a parent carries new responsibilities in life, and failure certainly is harmful to children.
what say you?
The term "abuse" has specific meanings under the law. In Ohio, spanking children is perfectly legal, both at home by parents, and in schools by staff, and by itself does not constitute abuse.

Leave bruises and you've crossed the line. Now you're abusing the child.

woof

“HAPPY SPRING”

Since: Apr 10

BLOCKHEADS!

#103 Feb 20, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
The term "abuse" has specific meanings under the law. In Ohio, spanking children is perfectly legal, both at home by parents, and in schools by staff, and by itself does not constitute abuse.
Leave bruises and you've crossed the line. Now you're abusing the child.
woof
Exactly, Duke!
Unless you have been through the motions of physical abuse no one really knows the mental affect it has on ones state of mind.
I finally came to terms with what happened to me when I was in my 40's! By confronting my father about what he had done and he couldn't even say I'm sorry. But he did say that's water under the bridge and we should bury the hatchet! HA! Easy for HIM to say! Till this day, he is indifferent to me and you know what? Screw him! I don't go out of my way for him anymore....he's also 95 and in an asst living and has his mind so he knows what he's doing. He is just a mean,miserable old coot!
But I'll be damned if he is going to ruin my life....he isn't...because I won't let him!
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#104 Feb 20, 2014
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know what the F you're taking about!
Most here have lived in another generation and things were very different back then.
Personally, my father abused my mother and me on a daily basis and the cops walked away. So don't give me your ignorant shit about the "violent posters" reminiscing.
Unless you have walked in my shoes, shut the fuk up!
Wow. Such an emotional personal attack coming from the champion of civil discourse.

It is strange that you assumed I was referring to you.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#105 Feb 20, 2014
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know what the F you're taking about!
Most here have lived in another generation and things were very different back then.
Personally, my father abused my mother and me on a daily basis and the cops walked away. So don't give me your ignorant shit about the "violent posters" reminiscing.
Unless you have walked in my shoes, shut the fuk up!
You did provide a nice anecdotal example of the long term emotional effects that physical abuse of children have on people well into advanced adulthood, however, so thank you for that.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#106 Feb 20, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
no...it made me sick actually my kid would exhibit behavior that deserved corporal punishment.
And I don't care what you think. That kid at 23 has a better job than you do, and comes to me every single time he wants to make decisions in life. My kids respect me.
At 23 my son has never been in jail....is that because he is white?
Does he punch his kids too?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#107 Feb 20, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
Does he punch his kids too?
how many times did your Mommy try to abort you?

backhand turns to punch with you, and you spin and lie as always.

your despicable life has no meaning to anyone but you.....fact check by your singleness. Aloneness.

you have more worth as fertilizer than as a human.........very sad indeed.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#108 Feb 20, 2014
Bruising is taking it to far.

If you are bringing up your kid correctly, a slapped hand or butt is how you teach.

Bruising is taking punishment to far. Shaking a baby can be lethal.

Taking the cell phone, computer, & TV rights away......does not leave a marks and it is pure torture. They die according to them.

“HAPPY SPRING”

BLOCKHEADS!

#109 Feb 20, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
You did provide a nice anecdotal example of the long term emotional effects that physical abuse of children have on people well into advanced adulthood, however, so thank you for that.
I did not assume you were directing your remark to me!
I am just more aware of the affects abuse has on people, be it physical and or mental.
I can relate to those who gave testimony of their experiences.
I have much compassion in general, and always give the benefit of the doubt to those who have been through and experiences during their life. There is good in everyone and it's not hard to find it, given a chance.
That's why I am friends with everyone on this forum! Why not? I overlook things I don't agree with but still like them for who they are.
I have found most snarky remarks are just to get a rise out of people and those who bite are the victims. 9 times out of 10 it's funny!
They cannot kill a Spook

United States

#110 Feb 20, 2014
I would like a law that allows people in a restaurant to beat the crying screaming kids and their parents.

“HAPPY SPRING”

BLOCKHEADS!

#111 Feb 20, 2014
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
I would like a law that allows people in a restaurant to beat the crying screaming kids and their parents.
I would like a law banning all cell phones in a restaurant and or public places.
I am disgusted how rude and ignorant some people are ...I don't want to hear anyone's business, in a shouting voice!
Auuuuuurgh!
Lol

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#112 Feb 20, 2014
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like a law banning all cell phones in a restaurant and or public places.
I am disgusted how rude and ignorant some people are ...I don't want to hear anyone's business, in a shouting voice!
Auuuuuurgh!
Lol
I would like a law allowing Bizzy, Keefer and I to spank Spookerini, slowly and taking turns, while listening to some nice Miles Davis. You up for that, Spook?:-)

“HAPPY SPRING”

BLOCKHEADS!

#113 Feb 20, 2014
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like a law allowing Bizzy, Keefer and I to spank Spookerini, slowly and taking turns, while listening to some nice Miles Davis. You up for that, Spook?:-)
While.....
Feeding him White Russians through a straw.......lmao

Location hidden

#114 Feb 20, 2014
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
While.....
Feeding him White Russians through a straw.......lmao
LMAO No, he hates liquor and milk or cream mixed. We'll give him straight moonshine.

Location hidden

#115 Feb 20, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
Bruising is taking it to far.
If you are bringing up your kid correctly, a slapped hand or butt is how you teach.
Bruising is taking punishment to far. Shaking a baby can be lethal.
Taking the cell phone, computer, & TV rights away......does not leave a marks and it is pure torture. They die according to them.
Oh, yeah. Frankly, I think they'd rather take a beating then not be able to text!

“HAPPY SPRING”

BLOCKHEADS!

#116 Feb 20, 2014
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO No, he hates liquor and milk or cream mixed. We'll give him straight moonshine.
Lmao!
I bet he would like JD!
They cannot kill a Spook

United States

#117 Feb 20, 2014
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone naked?
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#118 Feb 20, 2014
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not illegal now.

Have at it.

woof

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#119 Feb 20, 2014
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
You can spank me!!!! As I used to say back in the day, "whip me, beat me, make me write bad checks".

“HAPPY SPRING”

BLOCKHEADS!

#120 Feb 20, 2014
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone naked?
Gasp!
You first......
Lmao
This should send " you know who" into a frenzy.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#121 Feb 20, 2014
How about a law to permit shooting of people playing loud music.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
When Will Men Come Forward? 19 min Kevin Spacey 2
TESLA: Electric Truckerland 🚛 25 min rolling my eyes 28
RIP Charles Manson 31 min fat tired old and... 27
Worst Looters are REPUBLICANS running our Gover... 41 min White Fangs 56
Impeach Trump ! 54 min pickle rick 8
BO Arrested for Treason 55 min Pope Che Reagan C... 263
Tick Tock arrives just in time for Thanksgiving 56 min Pope Che Reagan C... 73

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance