Kansas passing Bill to allow spankin...

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#82 Feb 19, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not a clue what you are trying to assert.
Try again.
woof
I can repost it for you, but I can't comprehend it for you.
Try again.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#83 Feb 20, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
No big shock that you would be an advocate for pain and humiliation.
A little pain and humiliation in the formative years can prevent a bigger pain later, when the consequences can be much more dire. Back in the day, our prisons weren't overflowing.

Planet Earth

#84 Feb 20, 2014
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Today, teachers can't even hug a child when crying or hurt.
There was more control in schools with that threat hanging in the air...the paddle.
Kids of yesteryear NEVER acted like the kids of today. There is no respect for the teachers and authority figures. They have run amuck. I blame the pompous parents!!!!
Remember the time when a neighbor caught you doing something wrong and told you to go home and tell your dad to bust your ass, and you did it?

Planet Earth

#85 Feb 20, 2014
<quoted text>
No, it's called pain and humiliation. Smart people can figure out how to instill discipline without utilizing either.
We see how that's working out...

Planet Earth

#86 Feb 20, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
Let's encourage parents to hit their kids. Sounds like a grand idea!!!
http://facesofchildabuse.org/child-abuse-imag...
woof
ANY form of discipline can be considered abuse if not properly applied. The fact that you can't tell the difference between a spanking and a beating just proves that you are not qualified to apply it. Don't make the mistake of assuming that others suffer from your shortcomings.

Planet Earth

#87 Feb 20, 2014
<quoted text>
The military beats its troops?
Another who can't tell the difference between beating and spanking.

And yes, the military does cause pain to those who screw up, only they get you to do it to yourself.

Now drop and give me 50!

Planet Earth

#88 Feb 20, 2014
Or better, lie on your back with both feet together, and raise your feet 6 inches from the ground... and hold that position until I get tired.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#89 Feb 20, 2014
TonyD2 wrote:
Or better, lie on your back with both feet together, and raise your feet 6 inches from the ground... and hold that position until I get tired.
I have stared in that movie.

putting down feet just lengthened the punishment by double.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#90 Feb 20, 2014
-tip- wrote:
My teachers spanked kids in front of the class.
As a result, it was a rare occurrence.
Controlled physical pain coupled with humiliation work wonders on behavior.
I got at least one paddling every year I was in school. My parents felt that if I got one, I deserved it. No physical injuries and no criminal record from being disciplined.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#91 Feb 20, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO. Good one.
Ah, yes. The last bastion of the wingnuts when they can't articulate a response: LMAO.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#92 Feb 20, 2014
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
A little pain and humiliation in the formative years can prevent a bigger pain later, when the consequences can be much more dire. Back in the day, our prisons weren't overflowing.
Another proponent of beating children until they are bruised. Y'all should show as much concern for children as you do for embryos.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#93 Feb 20, 2014
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
We see how that's working out...
We do? You are aware of a peer reviewed study that correlates the lack of corporal punishment to the point of bruising and the increase in prison population? I would like to read that.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#94 Feb 20, 2014
Again, the most violent posters on the forum reminiscing about their days of being hit as children.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#95 Feb 20, 2014
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
ANY form of discipline can be considered abuse if not properly applied. The fact that you can't tell the difference between a spanking and a beating just proves that you are not qualified to apply it. Don't make the mistake of assuming that others suffer from your shortcomings.
Strange post.

What makes you think I can't tell the difference?

woof
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#96 Feb 20, 2014
<quoted text>
Another proponent of beating children until they are bruised. Y'all should show as much concern for children as you do for embryos.
you should know.

you are the champion baby killer, and have the diploma to prove it.

at least you say you have the diploma.

PS: I did not need a politician tell me when I could or could not backhand my own kid.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#97 Feb 20, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
you should know.
you are the champion baby killer, and have the diploma to prove it.
at least you say you have the diploma.
PS: I did not need a politician tell me when I could or could not backhand my own kid.
Backhanding your kid probably made you feel pretty tough, didn't it?

“HAPPY SPRING”

Since: Apr 10

BLOCKHEADS!

#98 Feb 20, 2014
Again, the most violent posters on the forum reminiscing about their days of being hit as children.
You don't know what the F you're taking about!
Most here have lived in another generation and things were very different back then.
Personally, my father abused my mother and me on a daily basis and the cops walked away. So don't give me your ignorant shit about the "violent posters" reminiscing.
Unless you have walked in my shoes, shut the fuk up!
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#99 Feb 20, 2014
<quoted text>
Backhanding your kid probably made you feel pretty tough, didn't it?
no...it made me sick actually my kid would exhibit behavior that deserved corporal punishment.

And I don't care what you think. That kid at 23 has a better job than you do, and comes to me every single time he wants to make decisions in life. My kids respect me.

At 23 my son has never been in jail....is that because he is white?
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#100 Feb 20, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
I can repost it for you, but I can't comprehend it for you.
Try again.
What are you trying to say?

woof
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#101 Feb 20, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you trying to say?
woof
I get where you are coming from on your position regarding thread topic.

However.....not all parents are whom you fear. My guess is you fear 15% of all parents, and that alone is criminal.....I get it. I just hope my guess at % is high.

We also have parents who plant kids in front of TV, and ignore their lives awaiting the kid move out day. This % is significant.

What we have is a society that legislates excuses for personal behavior, and persecutes those in disagreement.

Parents need to parent. Kids just like puppies require training. Kids learn most from watching and listening to parents.

Child abuse.....is it just being beat, or could it be said parents who ignore the responsibility to raise moral well educated children abused them?

Being a parent carries new responsibilities in life, and failure certainly is harmful to children.

what say you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Champagne Popsicles 1 hr Brice N Livingston 3
Manuel Noriega is dead. 1 hr Brice N Livingston 1
America Held Hostage Day 130 1 hr They cannot kill ... 2
Sandkneegers get on the boat 5 hr Tim 12
Groundwork for Trump Impeachment by May 31 6 hr The Framers 4
America Held Hostage Day 130 6 hr John Kerry 1
!!Add a word drop a word !! (Jun '12) 8 hr They cannot kill ... 627
Russian investigation update🙀 8 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 34

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web