Kansas passing Bill to allow spankin...
Duke for Mayor

Canton, OH

#61 Feb 19, 2014
-tip- wrote:
Here's a rather big hint:
Ms. Finney is the ranking minority member on the...
[wait for it]
Joint Committee on Corrections and Juvenile Justice Oversight
And you draw what conclusion from that fact?

woof
Duke for Mayor

Canton, OH

#62 Feb 19, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
The bill is essentially dead, so don't get yourself all worked up about nothing.
Aw, shoot...that's what you do. Every single day of your life.
Why do suppose a black, female, Democrat representative who is a ranking member on the Juvenile Justice/Corrections committee would want to clarify parents' rights with respect to spanking their children, or authorizing others to do so?
Hmm. I'm thinking she knows more than you do.
I'm thinking she's completely unqualified to be proposing bills that affect child abuse and neglect law.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Canton, OH

#63 Feb 19, 2014
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
I know this!
One wack is sufficient and usually that will send a message to the kid but brusing is out of the question.
There's too many cases of child abuse, wife abuse as it is, and most aren't even reported.
Ask me I lived it.
So....you oppose such legislation?

woof
Duke for Mayor

Canton, OH

#64 Feb 19, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm thinking she's completely unqualified to be proposing bills that affect child abuse and neglect law.
woof
Ummmm...like I said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gail_Finney

woof

“HAPPY SPRING”

Since: Apr 10

BLOCKHEADS!

#65 Feb 19, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
So....you oppose such legislation?
woof
I oppose hitting so many times till it bruises the skin, that's abuse. From anyone,teacher, parents, whoever. The amount of hits till brusing in this Bill is abuse.

One wack on the butt never hurt anyone.
My mom and I were abused from my father and when calling police, they walked away claiming they can't be involved with domestic disputes.
Today his ass would be in jail.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#66 Feb 19, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't last 24 hrs.
How long did you last?

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#67 Feb 19, 2014
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
How long did you last?
My loved one has lasted decades, thank God.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#68 Feb 19, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
My loved one has lasted decades, thank God.
So not a second longer than Pope Che Reagan Christ I.

Location hidden

#69 Feb 19, 2014
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
So not a second longer than Pope Che Reagan Christ I.
I know what is involved in the process and respect the tradition.

Meanwhile, evidence all over this forum demonstrates that che is a whining P#ssy [note the capital P] who doesn't understand, much less respect, the tradition...and is utterly unable to submit to it.
Duke for Mayor

Canton, OH

#70 Feb 19, 2014
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
I oppose hitting so many times till it bruises the skin, that's abuse. From anyone,teacher, parents, whoever. The amount of hits till brusing in this Bill is abuse.
One wack on the butt never hurt anyone.
My mom and I were abused from my father and when calling police, they walked away claiming they can't be involved with domestic disputes.
Today his ass would be in jail.
Rightfully so.

This is the field I work in daily. I see the effects on kids all of the time.

The bill that this misguided legislator proposed, if passed, would merely serve to empower parents who have a propensity to abuse their kids to do it more often, and more severely.

Courts are already well equipped to facilitate a result that discerns between abuse and discipline.

woof

Location hidden

#72 Feb 19, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Courts are already well equipped to facilitate a result that discerns between abuse and discipline.
Perhaps...

http://downtrend.com/71superb/california-rule...

I know, I’m a shocked as you that this liberal state would actually allow parents to discipline their children. A San Jose appeals court has found that using a wooden spoon for spanking does not constitute child abuse.

The case stems from Veronica Gonzalez’s concern over her 12-year old daughter. Gonzalez and her husband were at their wits end over their daughter’s slipping grades, attitude problem and growing interest in gang activity. One night the 12-year old came home very late and her mother spanked her rear end with a wooden spoon. The spanking resulted in bruising and Gonzalez was reported to authorities.

Relatives told the social workers that spankings were not normal for the family and Gonzalez testified that she didn’t know the spoon would cause any lasting physical injuries. Despite this, The Santa Clara County Department of Social Services referred the case to the state Department of Justice citing a clear-cut case of child abuse.

Vindication came for Gonzalez when the three-judge appeals panel ruled unanimously that her actions did not fall outside the limits of a parent’s right to discipline their child.

“We cannot say that the use of a wooden spoon to administer a spanking necessarily exceeds the bounds of reasonable parental discipline,” Justice Conrad Rushing wrote in the decision.

The court concluded that the mother’s motivation was to instill discipline and not to injure the child. The lack of intent to cause physical harm weighed heavily in the ruling that overturned the child abuse findings.

“Nothing in the record suggests the mother should have known she was inflicting bruises. The spanking was entirely the product of a genuine and deliberate disciplinary purpose, i.e., to arrest troubling behavior patterns exhibited by the daughter,” noted the court.

This is a great victory for the Gonzalez family and parents everywhere that want to raise their children right. It is disturbing that this case not only went to court, but also had to be appealed. It speaks volumes for the ineptitude of Child Protective Services both in California and across the country. They are so incompetent that they can’t distinguish between a loving family that is trying to stop their daughter’s decent into antisocial behavior from a negligent abusive household....
Duke for Mayor

Canton, OH

#73 Feb 19, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps...
http://downtrend.com/71superb/california-rule...
I know, I’m a shocked as you that this liberal state would actually allow parents to discipline their children. A San Jose appeals court has found that using a wooden spoon for spanking does not constitute child abuse.
The case stems from Veronica Gonzalez’s concern over her 12-year old daughter. Gonzalez and her husband were at their wits end over their daughter’s slipping grades, attitude problem and growing interest in gang activity. One night the 12-year old came home very late and her mother spanked her rear end with a wooden spoon. The spanking resulted in bruising and Gonzalez was reported to authorities.
Relatives told the social workers that spankings were not normal for the family and Gonzalez testified that she didn’t know the spoon would cause any lasting physical injuries. Despite this, The Santa Clara County Department of Social Services referred the case to the state Department of Justice citing a clear-cut case of child abuse.
Vindication came for Gonzalez when the three-judge appeals panel ruled unanimously that her actions did not fall outside the limits of a parent’s right to discipline their child.
“We cannot say that the use of a wooden spoon to administer a spanking necessarily exceeds the bounds of reasonable parental discipline,” Justice Conrad Rushing wrote in the decision.
The court concluded that the mother’s motivation was to instill discipline and not to injure the child. The lack of intent to cause physical harm weighed heavily in the ruling that overturned the child abuse findings.
“Nothing in the record suggests the mother should have known she was inflicting bruises. The spanking was entirely the product of a genuine and deliberate disciplinary purpose, i.e., to arrest troubling behavior patterns exhibited by the daughter,” noted the court.
This is a great victory for the Gonzalez family and parents everywhere that want to raise their children right. It is disturbing that this case not only went to court, but also had to be appealed. It speaks volumes for the ineptitude of Child Protective Services both in California and across the country. They are so incompetent that they can’t distinguish between a loving family that is trying to stop their daughter’s decent into antisocial behavior from a negligent abusive household....
Do you have a point?

woof

Location hidden

#74 Feb 19, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a point?
woof
You claim to be an attorney?

I cited recent proof in evidence of the claim in your previous post.

Guess you don't like the decision.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#75 Feb 19, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what is involved in the process and respect the tradition.
Meanwhile, evidence all over this forum demonstrates that che is a whining P#ssy [note the capital P] who doesn't understand, much less respect, the tradition...and is utterly unable to submit to it.
Typical Christian. If you don't agree with them you must be a "whining Pvssy." You are such a brave keyboard commando.

Location hidden

#76 Feb 19, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical Christian. If you don't agree with them you must be a "whining Pvssy." You are such a brave keyboard commando.
The observation has nothing to do with your agreement of any matter and everything to do with your constant whining about others.

No wonder you're unemployed.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#77 Feb 19, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
The observation has nothing to do with your agreement of any matter and everything to do with your constant whining about others.
No wonder you're unemployed.
Whining? What do I whine about? You are delusional.

Location hidden

#78 Feb 19, 2014
<quoted text>
Whining? What do I whine about? You are delusional.
Free speech, mostly.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#79 Feb 19, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Free speech, mostly.
I am a defender of free speech. I don't consider that to be whining though.

Location hidden

#80 Feb 19, 2014
<quoted text>
I am a defender of free speech. I don't consider that to be whining though.
LMAO. Good one.
Duke for Mayor

Canton, OH

#81 Feb 19, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim to be an attorney?
I cited recent proof in evidence of the claim in your previous post.
Guess you don't like the decision.
I have not a clue what you are trying to assert.

Try again.

woof

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Feeble Nancy Pelosi snaps her withered fingers 5 min Enter Username 17
Trump's Health Services Appointee used Taxpayer... 1 hr Mud, James Mud 18
Why do Republicans love Russian lovers more tha... 2 hr U Make Me Smile 81
Lebrun calls POTUS a bum on twitter 3 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 14
Do you miss Channel 10? 3 hr shadow_hunter 4
Trump Giving Kaepernick Hed, Wow Look Twitter V... 4 hr fat tired old and... 2
Trump Golf Balls Hillary, Absolutely Hillaryious 5 hr Big Johnson 44

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance