Kansas passing Bill to allow spankin...

“HAPPY SPRING”

Since: Apr 10

BLOCKHEADS!

#41 Feb 19, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
The bill proposed in Kansas specifically permits what is presently statutorily defined as physical abuse.
You must have missed that.
woof
A single wack on the butt doesn't constitute abuse but leaving red marks and repeated wacks with a mad demeanor is.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#42 Feb 19, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
The bill proposed in Kansas specifically permits what is presently statutorily defined as physical abuse.
You must have missed that.
woof
“At some point, you’ve got to allow for some reasonable application of the law,” Bennett said.“You have to trust law enforcement officials and/or social work officials to exercise some discretion in recognizing what is just a spank on the bottom versus cruel beating or torture.“We have plenty of very legitimate, profound cases with serious injuries,” he said.“We don’t need to go shore up our numbers by charging people with spanking their kids.”

-- Marc Bennett, Sedgwick Co.[KS] District Attorney

Location hidden

#43 Feb 19, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you trying to say? Don't be shy.
woof
More to the point....what is the black, female, Democrat representative who introduced this bill trying to say?

Location hidden

#44 Feb 19, 2014
Here's a rather big hint:

Ms. Finney is the ranking minority member on the...
[wait for it]
Joint Committee on Corrections and Juvenile Justice Oversight
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Akron, OH

#45 Feb 19, 2014
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
There may be some unruly kid who may need a wack on the butt to straighten out his behavior. I'm sure the purpose of a paddle is the threat in the kids mind what will happen next time he is out of line.
We aren't talking about a whack on the butt. We are talking about hitting a kid up to ten times and leaving bruises.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Akron, OH

#46 Feb 19, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't last 24 hrs.
But back on topic, I note that you and your dad have referred to "abuse" and "beat[ings]" -- when neither has been recommended within this thread.
Typical emotionally-driven, lying leftists.
The bill allows hitting a kid up to ten times and leaving bruises. That's both abuse and a beating. Let me guess. You didn't read this article before commenting on it just like you didn't read the results of the poll in the other thread before you started the thread about it. See what happens when you don't read? Someone should spank you.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Akron, OH

#47 Feb 19, 2014
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
A single wack on the butt doesn't constitute abuse but leaving red marks and repeated wacks with a mad demeanor is.
That is exactly what the bill in Kansas would allow.
They cannot kill a Spook

Toledo, OH

#48 Feb 19, 2014
-tip- wrote:
Here's a rather big hint:
Ms. Finney is the ranking minority member on the...
[wait for it]
Joint Committee on Corrections and Juvenile Justice Oversight
Maybe she just won't say in public like the mother of a black family ( married, husband worked for Peabody Coal) used to tell the kids. "You start trouble in school and when the principal is done I will beat the black off you right their in front of your friends)

Location hidden

#49 Feb 19, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly what the bill in Kansas would allow.
The bill is essentially dead, so don't get yourself all worked up about nothing.
Aw, shoot...that's what you do. Every single day of your life.

Why do suppose a black, female, Democrat representative who is a ranking member on the Juvenile Justice/Corrections committee would want to clarify parents' rights with respect to spanking their children, or authorizing others to do so?

Hmm. I'm thinking she knows more than you do.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Akron, OH

#50 Feb 19, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
The bill is essentially dead, so don't get yourself all worked up about nothing.
Aw, shoot...that's what you do. Every single day of your life.
Why do suppose a black, female, Democrat representative who is a ranking member on the Juvenile Justice/Corrections committee would want to clarify parents' rights with respect to spanking their children, or authorizing others to do so?
Hmm. I'm thinking she knows more than you do.
I'm thinking she's from Kansas.

“HAPPY SPRING”

BLOCKHEADS!

#51 Feb 19, 2014
<quoted text>
We aren't talking about a whack on the butt. We are talking about hitting a kid up to ten times and leaving bruises.
I know this!
One wack is sufficient and usually that will send a message to the kid but brusing is out of the question.
There's too many cases of child abuse, wife abuse as it is, and most aren't even reported.
Ask me I lived it.

Location hidden

#52 Feb 19, 2014
<quoted text>
I'm thinking she's from Kansas.
Stanley Ann Dunham was born in Wichita.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Akron, OH

#53 Feb 19, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Stanley Ann Dunham was born in Wichita.
So was Dorothy Gale.

Location hidden

#54 Feb 19, 2014
<quoted text>
So was Dorothy Gale.
Then you admit you have no point.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#55 Feb 19, 2014
In 8th grade wood shop, the 1st project was a paddle.

an entire wall of paddles, all signed by previous discoverers of the woods quality.

you did not want to hear the words " go pick a paddle, and wait in the hall".

teacher would leave and all the kids got quiet to hear the WHACK.

getting whacked was not the best part of anyones day, so not exhibiting the behavior was best on the britches.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#56 Feb 19, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you admit you have no point.
No. I suggest that you have none.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#57 Feb 19, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
In 8th grade wood shop, the 1st project was a paddle.
an entire wall of paddles, all signed by previous discoverers of the woods quality.
you did not want to hear the words " go pick a paddle, and wait in the hall".
teacher would leave and all the kids got quiet to hear the WHACK.
getting whacked was not the best part of anyones day, so not exhibiting the behavior was best on the britches.
It is probably not a coincidence that those of you who fondly recall the days of being paddled aren't the most well adjusted folks. Just saying.

“HAPPY SPRING”

BLOCKHEADS!

#58 Feb 19, 2014
<quoted text>
It is probably not a coincidence that those of you who fondly recall the days of being paddled aren't the most well adjusted folks. Just saying.
Who said it was us?
I never saw the paddle and it was usually boys who got a wack!
I think it was embarrassment that curbed unruly behavior after being wracked. It smarted, I guess, but left no brusing.

So being paddled was a sign of an unadjusted kid?
Where are the parents in all this?
Teachers today in some schools are mere babysitters. They can't control their class because of the disruptions from rude and bad kids.
Training begins at home.
Duke for Mayor

Canton, OH

#59 Feb 19, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
More to the point....what is the black, female, Democrat representative who introduced this bill trying to say?
I don't know.

I haven't spoken to her. Have you?

I can tell you though, based upon my experience, what I think the likely effects of such misguided legislation upon children already at risk of suffering abuse would be though.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Canton, OH

#60 Feb 19, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
“At some point, you’ve got to allow for some reasonable application of the law,” Bennett said.“You have to trust law enforcement officials and/or social work officials to exercise some discretion in recognizing what is just a spank on the bottom versus cruel beating or torture.“We have plenty of very legitimate, profound cases with serious injuries,” he said.“We don’t need to go shore up our numbers by charging people with spanking their kids.”
-- Marc Bennett, Sedgwick Co.[KS] District Attorney
And? Where is the evidence that demonstrates a need for this ridiculous legislation that will merely serve to empower those with a propensity to abuse their kids?

woof

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Leeann Tweeden v. Al Franken 38 min Mudd, James Mudd 89
MLS Will Loose But Columbus Will Wins 1 hr Soccer Schmoccer 1
BO Arrested for Treason 2 hr d pants 252
Roy Moore 3 hr Reality Speaks 41
Trump and Republicans Work against Working clas... 3 hr Reality Speaks 27
TESLA: Electric Truckerland 🚛 4 hr fat tired old and... 3
Creepy Joe Biden | Serial Young Girl-Toucher 4 hr fat tired old and... 5

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance