Kansas passing Bill to allow spankin...
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#182 Feb 21, 2014
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like saying a law that allows gay marriage will cause everyone to run out and marry a gay person.
People who are abusive ARE ALREADY abusive.
That's a very poor analogy Tony.

Were speaking about legislation that would make it legal to strike children to the point where it causes bruises.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#183 Feb 21, 2014
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you stop comparing spanking to beating? You are the only ones mentioning the straw men "bruises", "beatings" and "broken bones"... must be what you'd do to your children if someone didn't tell you not to and that's why you bring it up. Get it through your head, everybody does not suffer your shortcomings. Quit treating us as though we do.
"Bruises" aren't strawmen. That proposed legislation would specifically permit it.

woof
d pantz

United States

#184 Feb 21, 2014
Home school. Don't let the state raise your children, neglect is worse than physical abuse.
d pantz

United States

#185 Feb 21, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text> I would rather suffer terrible physical abuse than spend time chatting with you. Like ride a unicycle with a knife blade mounted where the seat should be down 20 flights of stairs. That's a cup of afternoon tea compared to being your "pal". Then again I don't tell my friends to "F off" when I should either.
woof
lmao! Let her have it, Duke for Mayor...woof wooof..lol :)
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#186 Feb 21, 2014
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Another idiot who doesn't know the difference between beating and spanking. You are dangerous.
<quoted text>
Barking up the wrong tree there with me, pal. I'm pro choice.
So your concern isn't the affect it has on the child, it is the semantics of what we call it. Beating bruises, bad. Spanking bruises, good. Got it.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#187 Feb 21, 2014
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you stop comparing spanking to beating? You are the only ones mentioning the straw men "bruises", "beatings" and "broken bones"... must be what you'd do to your children if someone didn't tell you not to and that's why you bring it up. Get it through your head, everybody does not suffer your shortcomings. Quit treating us as though we do.
R2, the "strawman" bruises is the subject of the legislation we were discussing. Pay attention. You certainly suffer the shortcoming of not reading the article everyone is talking about before opening your pie hole. I guess you mother didn't smack you enough when you spoke out of turn.
d pantz

United States

#188 Feb 21, 2014
No they shouldn't spank kids and they should mike class rooms too to monitor for the worst kind of abuse, verbal. When I went to school there were certain teacher who would hurt the children any way they could.
d pantz

United States

#189 Feb 21, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Were speaking about legislation that would make it legal to strike children to the point where it causes bruises.
woof
you're finally posting on topic. Duke too! Amazing!

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#190 Feb 21, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
woof
I have always maintained that science has proven neither God nor evolution.
A belief in either is entirely faith-based.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#191 Feb 21, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
I have always maintained that science has proven neither God nor evolution.
A belief in either is entirely faith-based.
I hate to break this to you but you are only half correct.

woof

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#192 Feb 21, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate to break this to you but you are only half correct.
woof
I hate to break it to you but you are intellectually dishonest.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#195 Feb 21, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
woof
and I was speaking about laws don't make people do things.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#196 Feb 21, 2014
d pantz wrote:
No they shouldn't spank kids and they should mike class rooms too to monitor for the worst kind of abuse, verbal. When I went to school there were certain teacher who would hurt the children any way they could.
I agree. That may be the most insightful comment of the day. I do believe that words hurt deeper then a spanking. However, I do not think teachers or any school employee should be allowed to use physical punishment. Notify the parents, detention or suspension.

Last night, and I rarely watch the news, they reported on a school that has found heroin and needles in the faculty bathroom on 12/24 and again recently. Video monitors show 7 teachers that used that bathroom on those days. BUT.......the teacher's union is blocking them from drug testing any of the 7.

So who is teaching our youth and molding their minds? We absolutely do not know.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#197 Feb 21, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
So your concern isn't the affect it has on the child, it is the semantics of what we call it. Beating bruises, bad. Spanking bruises, good. Got it.
It's the intent that makes the difference. If you can prove that the parent intended to cause bruising, then you can charge them with assault.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#198 Feb 21, 2014
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
and there lies the problem.......people don't want to accept responsibility when caught breaking laws.

risk reward situation. Nobody minds rewards.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#199 Feb 21, 2014
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the intent that makes the difference. If you can prove that the parent intended to cause bruising, then you can charge them with assault.
That's not the standard for assault, but you wouldn't know that.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#200 Feb 21, 2014
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would think the issue here is that the law would be altered to prevent enforcement intended to keep people from doing these things...
Oliver Canterberry

Columbus, OH

#201 Feb 21, 2014
BizzyBee wrote:
http://www.politico.com/story/ 2014/02/kansas-bill-teachers-s panking-103656.html
Do you agree or disagree?
Do you think spanking is a form of abuse to a child?
Agree.

Spanking is a form of love, whoever liberals have a distorted view of God, all love and no justice or discipline.

"Spare the rod and spoil the child."
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#202 Feb 21, 2014
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
The law should discourage inflicting bruises upon children as a form of discipline, not encourage it, or provide the imprimatur of state sponsored ambivalence about it

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#203 Feb 21, 2014
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not accurate at all.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2903.13

woof

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary for POTUS 6 min BizzyBee 17
Trump the Liar 7 min Pee Bee and Jay 245
people concerned about immigration are not racist 15 min BizzyBee 13
cops 6, freddie gray 0 30 min Male 6
Don't trust Google... 57 min Male 53
News Anonymous donor sends 1,200 barbecue meals to C... 1 hr Big Johnson 10
COP THINK - Donut Glaze Or Crystal Meth? 2 hr Big Johnson 8
why is chelsea clinton so ugly? (Apr '14) 12 hr They cannot kill ... 84

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web