Kansas passing Bill to allow spanking....

Posted in the Columbus Forum

First Prev
of 12
Next Last

“Bee Hive Jive”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#1 Feb 19, 2014
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/02/kansas-...

Do you agree or disagree?
Do you think spanking is a form of abuse to a child?

“Bee Hive Jive”

Location hidden

#2 Feb 19, 2014
When I went to school, the shop teachers had paddles with holes in them and if a student was disciplined, he was sent to the shop teacher and he would wack the kid on the behind.
Not only did the kids get in trouble with the school, but when they went home they got in trouble with their parents.
"Wait till your father gets home!" was the famous saying in the 50's and 60's. Lol
Today, if that happened, the parents would defend their child's bad behavior and also they would bring a law suite against the school and the teacher.
God forbid an unruly kid be disciplined in school!
That's the big problem in today's society.... Some kids are running rampant and no one is doing anything about it.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#3 Feb 19, 2014
My teachers spanked kids in front of the class.
As a result, it was a rare occurrence.
Controlled physical pain coupled with humiliation work wonders on behavior.
I blame Lyndon Johnson

Reynoldsburg, OH

#4 Feb 19, 2014
BizzyBee wrote:
When I went to school, the shop teachers had paddles with holes in them and if a student was disciplined, he was sent to the shop teacher and he would wack the kid on the behind.
Not only did the kids get in trouble with the school, but when they went home they got in trouble with their parents.
"Wait till your father gets home!" was the famous saying in the 50's and 60's. Lol
Today, if that happened, the parents would defend their child's bad behavior and also they would bring a law suite against the school and the teacher.
God forbid an unruly kid be disciplined in school!
That's the big problem in today's society.... Some kids are running rampant and no one is doing anything about it.
In the black community "Wait until your father gets home!" went out the window with the arrival of the Great Society. Their fathers never came home.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#5 Feb 19, 2014
-tip- wrote:
No big shock that you would be an advocate for pain and humiliation.

Location hidden

#6 Feb 19, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
No big shock that you would be an advocate for pain and humiliation.
It's called discipline, leftist...a concept entirely foreign to you, no doubt.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#7 Feb 19, 2014
-tip- wrote:
Wow, every now and again I get a clear snapshot of why my folks sent me to private schools. It may have cost a fortune, but I'll never be in a place to state "Controlled physical pain coupled with humiliation work wonders on behavior.". Shame we haven't yet made the experience of a humane, high quality education more accessible.

“Bee Hive Jive”

Location hidden

#8 Feb 19, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Today, teachers can't even hug a child when crying or hurt.
There was more control in schools with that threat hanging in the air...the paddle.
Kids of yesteryear NEVER acted like the kids of today. There is no respect for the teachers and authority figures. They have run amuck. I blame the pompous parents!!!!

Location hidden

#9 Feb 19, 2014
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, every now and again I get a clear snapshot of why my folks sent me to private schools. It may have cost a fortune, but I'll never be in a place to state "Controlled physical pain coupled with humiliation work wonders on behavior.". Shame we haven't yet made the experience of a humane, high quality education more accessible.
Once again, you prove yourself a babbling idiot.

It is the mere threat of this type of discipline -- with the knowledge it will indeed be carried out -- that keeps student behavior in line, thus allowing teachers to teach...and students to learn.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#10 Feb 19, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's called pain and humiliation. Smart people can figure out how to instill discipline without utilizing either.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#11 Feb 19, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, in thirty four years of being a parent, I have spanked one of my four children (my oldest, when she was about five years old) one time.

The three adults are well adjusted, successful, intelligent, compassionate, and have never had any trouble with the law.

My eight year old is extremely well behaved, and has gotten into trouble one time in four years at school.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#12 Feb 19, 2014
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
There was more control in schools with that threat hanging in the air...the paddle.
Kids of yesteryear NEVER acted like the kids of today. There is no respect for the teachers and authority figures. They have run amuck. I blame the pompous parents!!!!
I would bet that you haven't set foot in a public school while classes are in session in twenty five years, other than to vote, and you really don't have any idea what goes on in them today.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#13 Feb 19, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the mere threat of this type of discipline -- with the knowledge it will indeed be carried out -- that keeps student behavior in line, thus allowing teachers to teach...and students to learn.
Seems the babbling is coming from you.

Corporal punishment is completely unnecessary.

woof

Location hidden

#14 Feb 19, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's called pain and humiliation. Smart people can figure out how to instill discipline without utilizing either.
All of those "smart people" of yours are operating the government schools which are rampant with student behavior problems and failing students.

I'd suggest they take a chapter out of the US military manual.
Not you, though. It would kill you.

“Bee Hive Jive”

Location hidden

#15 Feb 19, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Being politically correct and oh, let's not hurt their feelings, is why this country has a wild child problem plus their parent reward the punks with siding with them instead of disciplining them and making them accountable for their actions.
Just like every kid gets a trophy on the team.....god forbid someone should have hurt feelings. What a bunch of bullsh!t! This is why kids of today think we owe them. They want what they want when they want it.
Parents would rather give the kid a credit card and send them to the mall instead of spending time with them....I can go on and on, but you get it!

“Bee Hive Jive”

Location hidden

#16 Feb 19, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
I would bet that you haven't set foot in a public school while classes are in session in twenty five years, other than to vote, and you really don't have any idea what goes on in them today.
woof
Wrong! Been in the schools quite frequently for helping and programs.

Location hidden

#17 Feb 19, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, in thirty four years of being a parent, I have spanked one of my four children (my oldest, when she was about five years old) one time.
The three adults are well adjusted, successful, intelligent, compassionate, and have never had any trouble with the law.
My eight year old is extremely well behaved, and has gotten into trouble one time in four years at school.
woof
Just as not all children are A students...not all children have behavior problems.
Those that do require discipline...for the sake of those who wish to learn.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#18 Feb 19, 2014
Let's encourage parents to hit their kids. Sounds like a grand idea!!!

http://facesofchildabuse.org/child-abuse-imag...

woof
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#19 Feb 19, 2014
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's the parents, not the lack of spanking?

“Bee Hive Jive”

Location hidden

#20 Feb 19, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
woof
I never spanked my girls, but what I did was to rattle the drawer with the wooden spoons and they screamed and ran. Lol
I never had any help and was with them 24/7 and I had it down pat.I deferred their attention.

But in the schools today , there is no respect for the teachers. I am not saying all but for the trouble makers, who cause a ruckus during class. It's usually in the junior and senior high schools where it's bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
President Ebola 5 min Male 652
Autopsy, toxicology report on Michael Brown 31 min hey Chocolate Jimmie 23
destiny Gilliam/benbrook 35 min hey Chocolate Jimmie 8
Good morning BizzyBee and friends 1 hr BizzyBee 9
McEbola's Bushmeat Sammiches 2 hr BizzyBee 14
Student Group Plans Ohio Statehouse Protest 3 hr They cannot kill ... 2
Lawyer booked on charges he stole from guardian... 5 hr the narrow and wi... 16
Columbus Dating
Find my Match

Columbus Jobs