“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#216 Oct 3, 2012
Kosmik wrote:
<quoted text>
Bottom line, on the national level if Roe ever gets overturned the Republicans will lose 10-20% of the sure vote they get on that issue alone and they know it.
Maybe all the extra babies born will be thankful for their life and turn Republican :)

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#217 Oct 3, 2012
Tim wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a scientific fact that the fetus is a distinct person. It is in fact murder.
"Murder" is a legal term, not a scientific one. Abortion will not be "in fact murder" unless and until it is included in the legal definition of murder.
imagine2011

Brentwood, TN

#218 Oct 3, 2012
Kosmik wrote:
<quoted text>
It will take a new law or a challenge to a court case to get it before the Supreme Court. As much as Republicans huff and puff over the issue, when it comes to action they do nothing. They had the numbers when Bush 43 was President, they did nothing.
Me, personally, I think it's an individual decision and if there is a judgement day, then it will be an issue between those who got them and the judge.
The efforts of the conservatives have lowered the amount of abortion clinics nationwide:

How many abortion clinics are there in the US?

In 1995, 1,900 abortion clinics operated across the United States. Today, in 2012 there are 650 in existence.

GW Bush:
The Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act of 2003 (Pub.L. 108-105, 117 Stat. 1201, enacted November 5, 2003, 18 U.S.C.§ 1531,[1] PBA Ban) is a United States law prohibiting a form of late-term abortion that the Act calls "partial-birth abortion", often referred to in medical literature as intact dilation and extraction.[2] Under this law, "Any physician who, in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, knowingly performs a partial-birth abortion and thereby kills a human fetus shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 2 years, or both." The law was enacted in 2003, and in 2007 its constitutionality was upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court, in the case of Gonzales v. Carhart.

BH Obama:
In the Illinois legislature, he opposed the “Born-Alive Infants Protection Act” three times. The bill recognized babies born after attempted abortions as persons and required doctors to give them care. Obama’s stalwart opposition to the bill came up during the 2008 campaign, and his team responded with a farrago of obfuscation and distortions.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0812/800...
notlocal

AOL

#219 Oct 3, 2012
Kosmik wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have watched a different debate than I did. Obama was a bit off his game but not by much. Mitt, however, by constantly having to get the last word in, even when it wasn't his time, appeared extremely desperate, he displayed very little confidence whatsoever.
To be effective in a debate there's a time to make your point and a time to shut up. Obama had his timing down, Mitt didn't and that will bite him.
Wow. Sore loser. Even CNN and MSNBC were heaping cudos on Romney.
I thought it was very informative and well done. Lerner had to interupt Obama constantly over going over his time limit, but in debates, that always happens.
Romeny took it, hands down.
Tim

Oberlin, OH

#220 Oct 3, 2012
Kosmik wrote:
<quoted text>
So? That doesn't change a thing about the law. Morality is an individual choice, so don't have an abortion.
The Zygote from conception has a unique genetic code.

There is a difference between humans and the other species, we are sentient and therefore all sentient beings have the right to life.

Further, the fetus is not the woman's body because only half the gene's are the mothers. The father has no legal rights to terminate his obligations to the child if the mother carries it to term.
Tim

Oberlin, OH

#222 Oct 3, 2012
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>

In 1995, 1,900 abortion clinics operated across the United States. Today, in 2012 there are 650 in existence.
650 too many death facilities.

The Eugenics movement lives. But the child dies...
Tim

Oberlin, OH

#223 Oct 3, 2012
Kosmik wrote:
<quoted text>
Bottom line, on the national level if Roe ever gets overturned the Republicans will lose 10-20% of the sure vote they get on that issue alone and they know it.
If the Roe v Wade is gone, abortion ends, and the Dhims become Dems and put Manchin types on their ticket, yes I am done with the GOP.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#224 Oct 4, 2012
Tim wrote:
<quoted text>
The Zygote from conception has a unique genetic code.
There is a difference between humans and the other species, we are sentient and therefore all sentient beings have the right to life.
Further, the fetus is not the woman's body because only half the gene's are the mothers. The father has no legal rights to terminate his obligations to the child if the mother carries it to term.
That is a flaw of the LEGAL system. He should have the same time constraints to "opt out" that the mother has.
Tim

Akron, OH

#225 Oct 4, 2012
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a flaw of the LEGAL system. He should have the same time constraints to "opt out" that the mother has.
Well we can't do that you know, it oppresses the rights of women to kill their offspring. Any system that allows a woman to terminate obligations but not men is considered sexist.

Now I prefer neither, but I love pointing this out to show the hypocrisy of the abortion argument.

If a woman can terminate her obligation to raise the child, why does a man not get the same right?

Cleavon Little

Since: Sep 12

Hilliard, OH

#226 Oct 4, 2012
Kosmik wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have watched a different debate than I did. Obama was a bit off his game but not by much. Mitt, however, by constantly having to get the last word in, even when it wasn't his time, appeared extremely desperate, he displayed very little confidence whatsoever.
To be effective in a debate there's a time to make your point and a time to shut up. Obama had his timing down, Mitt didn't and that will bite him.
ROUND WON: Romney Seized Offense in Debate...
You Were Fighting For Obamacare, Not Jobs...
'The Path We're Taking Is Not Working'...
FOURNIER: Cursed Obama Falls...
MSNBC MATTHEWS:'What Was He Doing!'
Cutter takes swipe at Lehrer...
Carville:'Romney came with a chainsaw'...
Andrew Sullivan:'This was a disaster'...
GORE BLAMES THE ALTITUDE!
http://www.drudgereport.com/

Cleavon Little

Since: Sep 12

Hilliard, OH

#227 Oct 4, 2012
Lost, bewildered without teleprompter...

NYT:'President Xanax'...

Slips, says he wants to 'make sure that ... everybody's getting a fair share'... Romney won, says -- San Francisco?

Michael Moore:'This is what happens when u pick John Kerry as your debate coach'... LEFT TURNS ON O...

... Attacks Lehrer

CNN POLL: Romney Annihilates...

Van Jones:'Was Able To 'Out-Obama Obama'...
http://www.drudgereport.com/

Kosmik

Since: Sep 10

Columbus, OH

#228 Oct 4, 2012
Tim wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Roe v Wade is gone, abortion ends, and the Dhims become Dems and put Manchin types on their ticket, yes I am done with the GOP.
What an interesting scenario. The Dems could use a few more Manchin types. I like Jon Tester from Montana myself.
notlocal

AOL

#229 Oct 4, 2012
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
The efforts of the conservatives have lowered the amount of abortion clinics nationwide:
How many abortion clinics are there in the US?
It's impossible to say. Now they have these mobile abortion clinics that roll into town, do any type of abortion, late term, whatever....and then roll out with their cash in hand. Rarely are the ones performing the abortions actually doctors.
A 23 year old girl, one county over, died a few weeks ago in ER waiting room after one of these butcherings. It's obsene.

Kosmik

Since: Sep 10

Columbus, OH

#230 Oct 4, 2012
Cleavon Little wrote:
<quoted text>
ROUND WON: Romney Seized Offense in Debate...
You Were Fighting For Obamacare, Not Jobs...
'The Path We're Taking Is Not Working'...
FOURNIER: Cursed Obama Falls...
MSNBC MATTHEWS:'What Was He Doing!'
Cutter takes swipe at Lehrer...
Carville:'Romney came with a chainsaw'...
Andrew Sullivan:'This was a disaster'...
GORE BLAMES THE ALTITUDE!
http://www.drudgereport.com/
George W. Bush did the same thing to Gore, Sarah Palin did the same in her debate with Biden, they simply didn't follow the rules of the debate and threw their opponent off. The continued interruptions and insistence on getting the last word in is usually an indicator of a lack of confidence.

Obama looked bad, no doubt but I am one of the few, apparently, who feel a game is to be played by its own rules.

Kosmik

Since: Sep 10

Columbus, OH

#231 Oct 4, 2012
Cleavon Little wrote:
Michael Moore:'This is what happens when u pick John Kerry as your debate coach'...
Kerry was his debate coach? That explains much.
Obamas Thoughts

Mcdonough, GA

#232 Oct 4, 2012
My ass hurts. What time is it?

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#234 Oct 4, 2012
Tim wrote:
<quoted text>
Well we can't do that you know, it oppresses the rights of women to kill their offspring. Any system that allows a woman to terminate obligations but not men is considered sexist.
Now I prefer neither,
Which would be "the same" I mentioned :)
Tim

Akron, OH

#235 Oct 4, 2012
notlocal wrote:
<quoted text>
It's impossible to say. Now they have these mobile abortion clinics that roll into town, do any type of abortion, late term, whatever....and then roll out with their cash in hand. Rarely are the ones performing the abortions actually doctors.
A 23 year old girl, one county over, died a few weeks ago in ER waiting room after one of these butcherings. It's obsene.
Never heard of that...

I do know of an abortion clinic on a boat, it was recently chased out of Morocco (Note: Islam does not have theological problems with abortion, they have demographic problems with it)

And I know a bill in the California Legislature was discussed that would allow Nurse Practitioners the ability to perform abortions.

It might not be far off, given the left's insistence of abortion as a negative and positive right. As a way to ensure it in red states.

That said, if it already exists, it is most certainly illegal because state regulations most likely require a fixed location.
Tim

Akron, OH

#236 Oct 4, 2012
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Which would be "the same" I mentioned :)
That's the idea.
Tim

Akron, OH

#237 Oct 4, 2012
Obamas Thoughts wrote:
My ass hurts. What time is it?
Bathouse time?

Rahm, Reggie and Aaron Schock?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pig farming indoors or outdoors? 5 min Slim Pickens 86
Wasserman Schultz to step down amid uproar over... 13 min Neutral Party 23
Thousands Hit Philadelphia's Steamy Streets to ... 19 min d pants 22
Trump and Putin have ties..... 23 min Seriouslady 8
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 25 min xeniod 1,334
News Discount Tire tops 920 store mark 27 min Posting as myself 6
How stupid is Hillary? 29 min Posting as myself 6

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages