Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

dunadd wrote:
Wait I think I am getting focused. I believe me and the broad from Osaka, saki or wherever she is from, I believe me and her can hit it off. I used to talk to Con Gai BTW what's Con gai in Osaka or saki wherever she's from. OMG, maybe I can talk to a real live Japaneser or is it Japanese. whatever.
Geez, I am so excited, I don't know if I will be able to sleep or anything.
Wow, wait'll my squeeze hears about this. Oops, maybe I better not let my squeeze know. whatcha y'all think.
Wow, I am soooooooo excited!
I'm an American, living overseas in the United Kingdom but currently in Japan for business.

If you're chatting to someone named Con Gai, I would doubt very much that they're Japanese, unless they're also expats. It's not a Japanese name and I'm poorly qualified to help you find out where it might be from.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I'll try to write in a more accessable tone.
I'm suggesting that you explore a wider number of places to get information from. And yes, that travel to or meaningful engagement with people from other places could be quite important if you have the time, money and motivation. Seeing more of the world, either directly or through a wide range of information sources can leave you a better rounded person and offer a more complete picture of a complicated, beautiful world.
http://www.dumbtionary.com/word/accessable.sh...

Dumbtionary...the story of your life.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

dunadd wrote:
Wait a minute, I got to noticing this broad can't even spell. tranpsosition. That ain't how you spell transportation. tranpsosition. What is that, a Japanese word?
What is she trying to pull? Broad can't even spell. My sister's in West Virginia can spell better than that.
Hmmm, I better regroup!
Good thing I noticed that. I might have gotten into some deep do do. Or is it dough dee. Whatever!
It's a linguistics joke. A take on a transposition error.

“No respect.”

Spencer, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a linguistics joke. A take on a transposition error.
Don't worry Trans, your name was an apparent joke to anyone who's head is not up their ass. Hope you are well, my friend.

“Meh.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

markbano wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry Trans, your name was an apparent joke to anyone who's head is not up their ass. Hope you are well, my friend.
Hello lovely, it seems like things have gone full circle since I last spoke to you. Back in Japan for a visit, which seems very strange. How have things been with you? I hope you are well?

“No respect.”

Spencer, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello lovely, it seems like things have gone full circle since I last spoke to you. Back in Japan for a visit, which seems very strange. How have things been with you? I hope you are well?
Just a visit. No work or school? Please tell me your boyfriend had the good sense to (as they say) put a ring on it.

I am fairly well, go in for my 2 1/2 year checkup next week. I'm not expecting anything but good news.

P.S. Why do you not ever get tired of arguing with mental midgets? Or is it kind of a fun pastime?

“Meh.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

He did indeed, a few months back. This trip is the longest we have been apart since then.

Nice, I used to worry so much about you. I cannot tell you how glad I am to hear that things are going well.

Not really. I like to think that everyone is able to have a civil, intellegent discussion if you give them enough chances to. You just have to keep trying, I think.

“Meh.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Ah, sorry. The trip is for work. Part of a long slog through HK and Vietnam as well. Almost halfway through, now

“No respect.”

Spencer, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

tranpsosition wrote:
He did indeed, a few months back. This trip is the longest we have been apart since then.
Nice, I used to worry so much about you. I cannot tell you how glad I am to hear that things are going well.
Not really. I like to think that everyone is able to have a civil, intellegent discussion if you give them enough chances to. You just have to keep trying, I think.
So are you now engaged, or did you already get married? Either way, congratulations. I wish you both a lifetime of health and happiness.

And as far as that "keep trying" approach to Topix, you are a much more patient person than I. Which is why I haven't been posting for quite a while.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

markbano wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you now engaged, or did you already get married? Either way, congratulations. I wish you both a lifetime of health and happiness.
And as far as that "keep trying" approach to Topix, you are a much more patient person than I. Which is why I haven't been posting for quite a while.
She got married.
It had something to do with penguins.

“Meh.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Married! It was a nightmare but still really nice. The moms wanted a church wedding so spent the better part of what seems like a decade trying to find a church that wouldn't make the other convert to the other's denomination. Wasn't thrilled about the whole church affair, loved that our moms took point on the planning.

I think you have to make allowances to be fair. People who have a more difficult time presenting their opinions often have them rejected out of hand by others preferring a more polished touch. I think that regardless of the level of education somone has had access to, that they should at least be heard out and responded to through the same processes you would those more polished gems.

I hope your wife is amazing? Going to hope you stick around through the week to let me know your good news after the next checkup!
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Hey poster 54, Is it alright if I call you trans and you call me by the name my friend in PIkeville, KY calls me, dun?
Con gai is Vietnamese for girl.
I have British friends. One lady is from Sussex, Brighton Beach area, south of London. Others are from Isle of Skye and the mainland. Others are from the Cardiff area and the Emerald Isle.
I am pleased you answered my fits of attempted comedy and I would not offend you or anyone on purpose.
I offend a lot of people on American sites especially those on the left of the political spectrum. I get along better with Europeans and Brits.
Thanks for the comeback opportunity and am looking forward to discussing things on a manly and womanly level, not these shouting matches some are so prone to indulge. Some discussers would feel at home in fighting matches in the Dumah.
Highlander forever!
sincerely,
dunadd

“Meh.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

No worries at all, after my week I'm rather too tired to be anything but civil and too grateful to be home to be anything but calm!
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Well, I ain't that tired but I am grateful to be home!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 54 of54
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

37 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 4 min Pope Che Reagan Christ I 28,510
Twilight Ride 18 min Big Johnson 1
Lowering My Car Help/Advice? (Oct '13) 21 min Big Johnson 11
Should Obama be impeached due to Benghazi, IRS ... (May '13) 38 min Anonymous of Indy 455
Do we need to impeach Obama to save America? 2 hr Pam 31
Do you agree with Obama's plan to fundamentally... 2 hr Pam 12
Is the Koran a Book of Hate? 2 hr Pam 76
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••