Would you convert to Islam to save your family's lives?

Created by wondering on May 23, 2013

40 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#1 May 23, 2013
You convert to Islam, you will burn.

Since: Apr 13

Columbus, OH

#2 May 23, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
You convert to Islam, you will burn.
I don't know so much about the burning part, I wouldn't have converted to Catholicism during the Inquisitions either. I'd be willing to die keeping my held beliefs rather than someone else's perversion of a belief.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#3 May 23, 2013
St of Circumstance wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know so much about the burning part, I wouldn't have converted to Catholicism during the Inquisitions either. I'd be willing to die keeping my held beliefs rather than someone else's perversion of a belief.
Jihadists are not a perversion of Islam; they are its natural product.

Since: Apr 13

Columbus, OH

#4 May 23, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Jihadists are not a perversion of Islam; they are its natural product.
No, they're a perverted form just as, for example, Westboro Baptist Church is a perverted form of Protestantism.
just saying

Reynoldsburg, OH

#5 May 23, 2013
St of Circumstance wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know so much about the burning part, I wouldn't have converted to Catholicism during the Inquisitions either. I'd be willing to die keeping my held beliefs rather than someone else's perversion of a belief.
The question is "Would you convert to Islam to save your family's lives?".

Not you dying.

Your family dying.

The question kind of stunned me.

If the situation has become so dire that the choice comes to this...

damn me

NO!

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#6 May 23, 2013
St of Circumstance wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they're a perverted form just as, for example, Westboro Baptist Church is a perverted form of Protestantism.
The Muslims' sacred text calls them to wage jihad.
So, once again...you are brilliantly wrong.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

#7 May 23, 2013
This is like a Holocaust question. Having worked in the Jewish community for years; seeing tattooed numbers on wrists, visited the Holocaust museum in DC, I think why did they stand up for their religion which equaled death, for most. I would do what I had to do in order to protect my family. It's what is in my heart that matters, you cannot alter my thoughts.

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#8 May 23, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
This is like a Holocaust question. Having worked in the Jewish community for years; seeing tattooed numbers on wrists, visited the Holocaust museum in DC, I think why did they stand up for their religion which equaled death, for most. I would do what I had to do in order to protect my family. It's what is in my heart that matters, you cannot alter my thoughts.
Being Catholic, I have to look to the examples of martyrdom and have the faith they had.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#9 May 23, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
This is like a Holocaust question. Having worked in the Jewish community for years; seeing tattooed numbers on wrists, visited the Holocaust museum in DC, I think why did they stand up for their religion which equaled death, for most. I would do what I had to do in order to protect my family. It's what is in my heart that matters, you cannot alter my thoughts.
You plumb new depths of stupidity daily.

The Jewish genocide had nothing to do with religion. They did not stand up for their religion. They were knocked down for their ancestry.

Since: Apr 13

Columbus, OH

#10 May 23, 2013
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
The question is "Would you convert to Islam to save your family's lives?".
Not you dying.
Your family dying.
The question kind of stunned me.
If the situation has become so dire that the choice comes to this...
damn me
NO!
The saving of the family part makes no difference, I would hope the example of standing to principles and tenets would be a great example to them.

Since: Apr 13

Columbus, OH

#11 May 23, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
The Muslims' sacred text calls them to wage jihad.
So, once again...you are brilliantly wrong.
Just as the Old Testament calls for war, slaughter and the wiping out of non-believers.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#12 May 23, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Being Catholic, I have to look to the examples of martyrdom and have the faith they had.
And you'll end up a model for a flag one day.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

#13 May 23, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Being Catholic, I have to look to the examples of martyrdom and have the faith they had.
Growing up Lutheran, my parents insist that is the correct religion; if you're not Lutheran, you go to he11. I asked the question, "What if you are wrong?", answer, "We are not"

Extremism in any religion is self righteous, pompous, and in this case, as many others, deadly.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

#14 May 23, 2013
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
You plumb new depths of stupidity daily.
The Jewish genocide had nothing to do with religion. They did not stand up for their religion. They were knocked down for their ancestry.
Get on the train. I guarantee you will be rejected by a Schindler.

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#15 May 23, 2013
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
You plumb new depths of stupidity daily.
The Jewish genocide had nothing to do with religion. They did not stand up for their religion. They were knocked down for their ancestry.
Jewish ancestry and religion are intertwined, you moron.

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#16 May 23, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
And you'll end up a model for a flag one day.
Get schools named after you too...like being an astronaut ;-)

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#17 May 23, 2013
St of Circumstance wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as the Old Testament calls for war, slaughter and the wiping out of non-believers.
Ever heard of the New Covenant?
Of course you haven't...
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#18 May 23, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Jewish ancestry and religion are intertwined, you moron.
Pay attention and I will reiterate: Nazi Germany did not kill Jews for their religious beliefs.

Millions of Jews would have renounced their religion if it would have kept them out of the camps.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#19 May 23, 2013
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>

Millions of Jews would have renounced their religion if it would have kept them out of the camps.
Like Soros, he sold his own people into the camps

Since: Apr 13

Columbus, OH

#20 May 23, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Ever heard of the New Covenant?
Of course you haven't...
Sure I have but it's often more convenient for many to revert back to Old Law because, once again, it fits a judgmental narrative.

You don't love your neighbor as yourself, the second commandment of the New Covenant, so get off your high horse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marriage Vows 10 min They cannot kill ... 4
Mana s Skeleton Found In Woods In Central Ohio 21 min They cannot kill ... 3
Where has Rowdy been? 34 min They cannot kill ... 6
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 1 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 4,983
Joe Cocker is dead. 2 hr Politics anyone 70
African American Male Initiative seeks to help ... 7 hr Truthful 22
COPS lives MATTER 9 hr Police Crimes 227
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:17 pm PST

NBC Sports 6:17PM
Steelers, Bengals tied at 7 after first quarter - NBC Sports
Yahoo! Sports 6:27 PM
Seahawks take NFC top seed, Packers and Panthers win
NBC Sports 6:36 PM
Dalton picked again, Steelers take advantage
Bleacher Report 7:52 PM
Bell Suffers Right Knee Injury
ESPN 8:08 PM
Steelers RB Bell (knee) doubtful to return