Is Gun Hysteria a Guy Thing?

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#164 Jan 31, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
In reply to someone who incessantly claims that institutional racism pervades the U.S., Obama's presidency is the most notable evidence to the contrary.
"Institutional" is like "white privilege", you can't prove conclusively that it exists, but you can imply it as the cause of why people continue to be poor.

Of course, it simply gives minorities excuses as to why they fail, and blocks self improvement and a desire to adopt cultural practices of more sucessful people.

That's the cost of identity politics. By essentially legitimizing them amongst minority populations, against whites, they have not eliminated racial animosity, they have intensified it.

That's what "self-determination" is about, I really don't want to live in a society where my income is being used to buy votes from people who want my taxes even higher, and base there anger that I have an invisible privilege.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#165 Jan 31, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
In reply to someone who incessantly claims that institutional racism pervades the U.S., Obama's presidency is the most notable evidence to the contrary.
But some of you, George in particular, asserts that President Obama isn't black.

Ivy League-ISIS

#166 Jan 31, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
But some of you, George in particular, asserts that President Obama isn't black.
He identifies as black, but his proper census classification is "mixed race".

It's akin to labeling Sen Pat Toomey (R-PA) as "Hispanic" because he has Portuguese Ancestry.

(Yes I know he actually does this, but "Hispanic" is a meaningless catch all term invented to keep patronage flowing)

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#167 Jan 31, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is non-white.

And my frequent and so far unanswered request to the Topix race-whiners is:

Please name one opportunity not available to NON-WHITE citizens in the USA.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#168 Jan 31, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
He identifies as black, but his proper census classification is "mixed race".
It's akin to labeling Sen Pat Toomey (R-PA) as "Hispanic" because he has Portuguese Ancestry.
(Yes I know he actually does this, but "Hispanic" is a meaningless catch all term invented to keep patronage flowing)
He's black when that fits your argument, he's white when that fits your argument. It would be great if you guys would pick one and stick to it.

Ivy League-ISIS

#169 Jan 31, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
He's black when that fits your argument, he's white when that fits your argument. It would be great if you guys would pick one and stick to it.
He can't pick one either, its the complexity of a dual identity. And part of how he can dodge criticism so easily, with the help of his MSM friends.

Ivy League-ISIS

#170 Jan 31, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is non-white.
The GOP doesn't assure you affirmative action spots and shift to the center-left.

(Reader said this was why the GOP is considered racist)

Hugh Victor Thompson III

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#171 Jan 31, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Et tu, Brute? You people play the same game.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#172 Jan 31, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Et tu, Brute? You people play the same game.
No I do not.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#173 Jan 31, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
No I do not.
LOL!

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#174 Jan 31, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's somewhat ironic that even though I'm the one prepared to defend myself and my family, and you're the peacenik liberal, deep down I seem to trust people in general more than you do (even armed ones). It seems you can only trust people you can control... which may be indicative of something, but I'm not sure what.
Well, until some security company perfects a lunacy scanner, I think we are better off without guns in crowds of people.

Location hidden

#175 Jan 31, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>Links please comparing the two.
Uh oh. I think Glitter must carry a teeny-tiny, ladylike little handgun in her purse.

A few rhinestones decorating it, perhaps?

Location hidden

#176 Jan 31, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
And there are millions of U.S. gunowners who safely use their guns weekly.
You have no point.
We don't ban bicycles because a percentage of U.S. cyclists are accidentally killed annually while enjoying their hobby.
But, we don't allow them on the freeways, for example.

Location hidden

#177 Jan 31, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
And this fact goes right over your bulbous head:
If "accidental falls are a product of biology and environment, and are generally expected occurrences given human nature"....then by all means the same applies to personal injury/death at the hands of the criminally-minded.
And just as all sane citizens would seek "to reduce the risk and frequency" of their personal injury/death as a result of falls, it follows that all law-abiding citizens would seek "to reduce the risk and frequency" of their personal injury/death at the hands of criminals.
Unclear why you are so eager to defend the existence of criminals.

Particularly when you are using their existence to support the need to be personally armed at all times.

Begins to sound like a tautological argument to me.
hey now

Columbus, OH

#178 Jan 31, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Lazy, stupid, affirmative action gimmie rat black. How's that for choosing.
Duke for Mayor

United States

#179 Jan 31, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Proving again...you have a whole lot of nothin'...expressed with a whole lot of words.
Prove me wrong then Tippy. Your blanket assertion surely doesn't.

Tell me how you can determine that one activity is riskier than another when you neglect to factor in how often each activity is engaged in, as if it is irrelevant?

Tell me. I'd love to hear it.

woof

Location hidden

#180 Jan 31, 2013
VADoc wrote:
<quoted text>
Then they should have read the contract better. I know I read the HOA contract exclusively and asked many questions before I purchased my home that has an HOA. That's what intelligent people do. If someone isn't smart enough to read what they are signing then maybe they shouldn't have gotten the loan for the house to begin with. That would explain how so many pisspoor mortgages got wrote though and many idiots lost their homes. Because they didn't read the contract. Ignorance of the contract does not mean you can escape it.
Now if your example happened and the house was painted pink before they agreed to join the HOA or before that ruling was created then the house would remain pink.
You're delusional.
You seem to be missing the point.

On the one hand, Karl and George yell about their right (as white males) to self-determinism in living in the suburbs--regardless of how or whether that might impact any others in the population. Yet, they also believe in the right of such "self-determined" frontiersman, out in their former cornfields, to band together to shut out paint colors that they don't like.

Personally, I find that to be endlessly amusing.
Just Sayin

Delaware, OH

#181 Jan 31, 2013
hey now wrote:
<quoted text>Lazy, stupid, affirmative action gimmie rat black. How's that for choosing.
Yep, that's you to a "T"!
Just Sayin

Delaware, OH

#182 Jan 31, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove me wrong then Tippy. Your blanket assertion surely doesn't.
Tell me how you can determine that one activity is riskier than another when you neglect to factor in how often each activity is engaged in, as if it is irrelevant?
Tell me. I'd love to hear it.
woof
He get's his post's to post from George.
Duke for Mayor

United States

#183 Jan 31, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is non-white.
And although I mistakenly included stand-in for Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck in my previous answer to your question, my other two responses remain valid, and are actually highly appropriate to this discussion.

Son-in Law or business partner to Bob Enzyte.

woof

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump the Liar 2 min Reality Speaks 957
Trump will win, wait and see just watch 16 min anonymous 7
Colin Kaepernick continues to sit through US na... 34 min Duke for Mayor 37
Trump's Wall 39 min Duke for Mayor 14
trumps a disgrace 45 min trump vs america ... 1
Should the GOP cut its loses? 1 hr Duke for Mayor 1,028
News White students disproportionately use Ohio scho... 1 hr Christ is Arisen 25

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages