|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text>These people just dont get what will happen when the economy collapses and people start robbing other people just to live.It's going to happen.It's happening right now.I am prepared,and if others aren't,thats their problem because there were plenty of warnings here.
Oh...yes they do get it. They are motivated to render law abiding families unprotected in the face of criminals and terrified of the mobs. Remember, the Mobs got most of the Democrats elected. No better example than OH's Senator Brown.
WiseAmerican

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
SPLC bullsh!t.
One 2005 study found that children are far more likely to be arrested at school than they were a generation ago. The vast majority of these arrests are for nonviolent offenses. In most cases, the students are simply being disruptive. And a recent U.S. Department of Education study found that more than 70 percent of students arrested in school-related incidents or referred to law enforcement are black or Hispanic. Zero-tolerance policies, which set one-size-fits-all punishments for a variety of behaviors.

Bullshit! I think not. But you wouldn't know anything about institutional racism, would you?
WiseAmerican

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

-tip- wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/a22g9co
01/30/13
WAIT, I THOUGHT THIS KIND OF THING NEVER HAPPENED:
Home Invasion Suspect Dies Of Gunshot Wound.“One man was killed and another shot in the leg when they, along with three others, allegedly participated in a home invasion Monday evening where the residents fought back.... Fairborn Police Sgt. Paul Hicks said the only motive they’ve uncovered was that the subjects intended to rob the home. Two Wright State University students who live at 1006 Victoria Ave. were home when the intruders entered. Trent Seitz, 21, reportedly struggled with the men and was ordered to the floor. He called out for his roommate, Christopher Muse, who told police that he grabbed a gun and fired at the men.”
Good for him that he had a gun.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
^^Edit: 88.7 guns per 100 Americans^^
You can't even get your stats correct, let alone figure out what information you might need to draw any sort of logical conclusion about them.

For the record, it wasn't me who brought up either bicycles or falls as incidental comparative examples. So get it straight. That was you.

But since you insist on arguing about it, even though I never brought it up...

Clearly, some people own more than one bicycle or more than one gun. Most people have two legs which are used simultaneously, quite frequently.

Unlike with legs, mere ownership or possession of guns or bicycles does not necessarily translate into any meaningful fact regarding the general overall frequency of their use.

Without that, your statistics are meaningless.

If you cannot comprehend that, there's no help for you.

woof

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

WiseAmerican wrote:
<quoted text> One 2005 study found that children are far more likely to be arrested at school than they were a generation ago. The vast majority of these arrests are for nonviolent offenses. In most cases, the students are simply being disruptive. And a recent U.S. Department of Education study found that more than 70 percent of students arrested in school-related incidents or referred to law enforcement are black or Hispanic. Zero-tolerance policies, which set one-size-fits-all punishments for a variety of behaviors.
Bullshit! I think not. But you wouldn't know anything about institutional racism, would you?
Indeed, the entire U.S. system is rigged in favor of the white man.
And that's why Barack Hussein Obama is a two-term President of the United States of America.

/s
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's why Barack Hussein Obama is a two-term President of the United States of America.
/s
Is he black or white?

woof
Bob Lewis

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
/s
Good point. America had a good run of 200 plus years. White people were sure to stop caring about their own children's futures at some point.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Is he black or white?
woof
He's whatever you leftists want him to be at any given moment.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't even get your stats correct, let alone figure out what information you might need to draw any sort of logical conclusion about them.
For the record, it wasn't me who brought up either bicycles or falls as incidental comparative examples. So get it straight. That was you.
But since you insist on arguing about it, even though I never brought it up...
Clearly, some people own more than one bicycle or more than one gun. Most people have two legs which are used simultaneously, quite frequently.
Unlike with legs, mere ownership or possession of guns or bicycles does not necessarily translate into any meaningful fact regarding the general overall frequency of their use.
Without that, your statistics are meaningless.
If you cannot comprehend that, there's no help for you.
woof
The CDC indicated that of the ~30% of Americans owning bikes:

45% rode the bicycle regularly

Of gunowning Americans:

63%(male) and 45%(female) use their guns for hunting
68%(male) and 59%(female) use their guns for target shooting

It goes without saying that all of them use the guns for personal protection; its known presence affords that asset.

You were saying something...?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Is he black or white?
woof
Only the racists are concerned with that detail.
IOW, you'll have to ask WiseAmerican.

As I recall, he referred to Obama as "hi-yella" earlier this week.
VADoc

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
What collectivist dream?
And let me pose a question to you. Suppose Mary Jane and her hubby and three kids buy a house in the everyman's dream development on a cul-de-sac. They absolutely love the house, but they have always dreamt of having a pink house with a baby blue picket fence. No problem, they can get to that.
Meanwhile some neighborhs pull together a HOA to keep the neighborhood from "going to seed." Mary Jane and hubby really don't want to live in a place gone to seed, so they join up--but don't really go to meetings. Then hubby gets a raise and finally MJ and family can turn their house into the lovely Pepto-colored dream they have always wanted. The buy tons of paint, a lot of picket fencing and hire some college kids on break to do the work.
Day one, the HOA President shows up to explain that they didn't get approval, and furthermore, pink is not on the approved color list. Oh, and BTW--no picket fences.
Interfering in self-determination?
Then they should have read the contract better. I know I read the HOA contract exclusively and asked many questions before I purchased my home that has an HOA. That's what intelligent people do. If someone isn't smart enough to read what they are signing then maybe they shouldn't have gotten the loan for the house to begin with. That would explain how so many pisspoor mortgages got wrote though and many idiots lost their homes. Because they didn't read the contract. Ignorance of the contract does not mean you can escape it.

Now if your example happened and the house was painted pink before they agreed to join the HOA or before that ruling was created then the house would remain pink.

You're delusional.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
You were provided a more closely related example with bicycle use.
Your response failed.
Let's revisit:
CDC:~30% of the American population own bikes.
2007 Small Arms Survey: Estimates 8.7 guns per 100 Americans
(#1 in the world for guns per capita...as we know).
2007: 578 bicycle-related accidental deaths.
2007: 613 gun-related accidental deaths.
Hmmm....
It is you who are attempting to make what is simple...complex.
To do otherwise would impede your leftist attack on gunowners.
If only you felt so passionately about the annual accidental deaths of Americans -- including children -- while riding bicycles.
I first jumped into this conversation by stating that your assertion that gun accidents are "rare" was false.

Then after I showed you exactly why it is false, you tried to tell me that walking and eating and riding bicycles are far more risky behaviors than handling a gun.

I again showed you exactly why that assertion is false.

From that, you and your fisting pal conclude that I want to take your guns away.

The way I see it, I think you should keep right on playing with them, and do it a lot more frequently...just to test your theories.

woof

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
I first jumped into this conversation by stating that your assertion that gun accidents are "rare" was false.
Then after I showed you exactly why it is false, you tried to tell me that walking and eating and riding bicycles are far more risky behaviors than handling a gun.
I again showed you exactly why that assertion is false.
From that, you and your fisting pal conclude that I want to take your guns away.
The way I see it, I think you should keep right on playing with them, and do it a lot more frequently...just to test your theories.
woof
Proving again...you have a whole lot of nothin'...expressed with a whole lot of words.
Dane Thorsen

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Luckily most American men, outside of those in the Blue States, haven't been castrated by Leftist Ideology.
VADoc

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
On the other hand, do you want to have to figure out which guys with guns are the good guys and which are the bad guys--or are you more likely to just take for granted that anyone with a gun drawn should be avoided--unless perhaps they are wearing a uniform?
C'mon, you hear shooting, you run towards it gun drawn (big mistake, btw) and you see two gunmen with guns drawn. Who are you gonna shoot? And is one of them going to shoot you? or maybe both? Maybe the bad guy will shoot you just because you're there and the the good guy will shoot you because you are armed.
Sorry--I don't want a lotta cowboys running around malls with pistols.
If a shooting breaks out I'm going to do my best to get myself and my wife to safety and cover. I'm only pulling my CCW and shooting at someone who directly engages me. I am not the law. I am not required to protect anyone except me and my family.

Your little jab at CCW permit holders is the same one you leftists tried to put out there when Ohio proposed CCW. It hasn't happened. It won't happen. This isn't the Wild West and most of us aren't cowboys. Many of us carry and will never use our gun to defend ourselves, but we have the option to do so if we need to. That's what you don't get. We are responsible enough to know that the police can't protect us and that idiots exist in this world who do dumb and crazy things and have no respect for human life.

If you think the majority of people get their CCW to shoot someone you're more of a dumbass than I thought possible.

You don't like guns? Tough titties reader. Plenty of us have them and carry them daily. Want that changed get a petition going and try and change it.

One of the first things we teach people when we do a CCW course is that you are carrying a gun to protect yourself and your family as a last resort and if that gun leaves concealment you better be ready to pull the trigger. If people want to be law enforcement officers they can apply to the academy not to my CCW course. Second thing we teach is what to do if you have to use your CCW to defend yourself. Step one is get to cover. Step 2 call 911 and ask for an ambulance for the person you shot and the police. 3rd give a description of what you're wearing and where you will be so the cops know who the good guy is when they show up on the scene. 4. Comply with the police and put down your gun.

I'd love to chat more, but my lunch break is over and unlike you I work at my job.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the racists are concerned with that detail.
IOW, you'll have to ask WiseAmerican.
As I recall, he referred to Obama as "hi-yella" earlier this week.
Aren't you the one who just used his presidency as evidence of the death of racism in America?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you the one who just used his presidency as evidence of the death of racism in America?
In reply to someone who incessantly claims that institutional racism pervades the U.S., Obama's presidency is the most notable evidence to the contrary.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 141 - 160 of629
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

85 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 27 min Old Guy 28,477
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 38 min Neutral Party 2,704
Columbus named a top city for STEM grads amid w... 49 min Enwordo 1
Columbus Police Grow Concerned As Murder Rate C... 51 min Enwordo 1
Iraq - The George W. Bush War 56 min Neutral Party 142
Syphilis cases on the rise again in Columbus 1 hr sidekick 10
Is Barak Obama responsible for the current bord... 1 hr d pantz 70
•••
•••
•••
Columbus Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••