Is Gun Hysteria a Guy Thing?
Duke for Mayor

United States

#124 Jan 31, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>accidental shootings vs. eye injuries from coughing. I'll connect the dots for your inability to comprehend what you posted. Apples to oranges...
Obviously, that went right over your bulbous head.

Accidental falls are a product of biology and environment, and are essentially expected occurrences given human nature.

There are a portion of accidental falls which occur as workplace injuries, and there is an entire field of law and regulation in place to reduce the risk and frequency of those occurring. Yet strangely, I don't hear anyone screaming for deregulating that particular field of regulation claiming that that have a Constitutional "right to fall".

woof
Duke for Mayor

United States

#125 Jan 31, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
And there are millions of U.S. gunowners who safely use their guns weekly.
You have no point.
We don't ban bicycles because a percentage of U.S. cyclists are accidentally killed annually while enjoying their hobby.
Traveling on bicycles is regulated.

woof

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#126 Jan 31, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
woof
What regulations apply to children riding on sidewalks and in driveways, some of whom are accidentally killed every year?
hey now

Columbus, OH

#127 Jan 31, 2013
Chicongo calling. Hello? This is Chicongo calling. Does anybody know what the overnight killing tally in Chicongo is?
Can anybody tally up the January Chicongo killings? Can someone please tell us the total number of gang related gun murders in Chicongo since obama left there?

Who has the total gang related gun crime deaths in Chicongo since the city banned guns.

Why are gun laws ignored in Chicongo?

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

#128 Jan 31, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Accidental falls are a product of biology and environment, and are essentially expected occurrences given human nature.
There are a portion of accidental falls which occur as workplace injuries, and there is an entire field of law and regulation in place to reduce the risk and frequency of those occurring. Yet strangely, I don't hear anyone screaming for deregulating that particular field of regulation claiming that that have a Constitutional "right to fall".
woof
Keep chasing your tail and mincing words to meet your convoluted thoughts. Apples and oranges...
hey now

Columbus, OH

#129 Jan 31, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
woof
Hail the affirmative action response! LET SOMEONE ELSE FIND THE LOGIC.
Duke for Mayor

United States

#130 Jan 31, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
What regulations apply to children riding on sidewalks and in driveways, some of whom are accidentally killed every year?
Start looking at municipal codes.

The point is Tinkerbelle, to attempt to prove your position by pointing to raw accidental injury statistics while ignoring the actual frequency of human engagement in the specific activity producing the injuries is disingenuous.

Its an utter falsification of reality.

Get it?

woof

Location hidden

#131 Jan 31, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
woof
And this fact goes right over your bulbous head:

If "accidental falls are a product of biology and environment, and are generally expected occurrences given human nature"....then by all means the same applies to personal injury/death at the hands of the criminally-minded.

And just as all sane citizens would seek "to reduce the risk and frequency" of their personal injury/death as a result of falls, it follows that all law-abiding citizens would seek "to reduce the risk and frequency" of their personal injury/death at the hands of criminals.

Columbus, OH

#132 Jan 31, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
woof
A bicyclist has never been maimed or killed?

Columbus, OH

#133 Jan 31, 2013
hey now wrote:
Chicongo calling. Hello? This is Chicongo calling. Does anybody know what the overnight killing tally in Chicongo is?
Can anybody tally up the January Chicongo killings? Can someone please tell us the total number of gang related gun murders in Chicongo since obama left there?
Who has the total gang related gun crime deaths in Chicongo since the city banned guns.
Why are gun laws ignored in Chicongo?
The poor child that was just killed after being in the inaugural parade, a mile from Obama's house, not current Chi town address. Sickening.

Columbus, OH

#134 Jan 31, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Start looking at municipal codes.
The point is Tinkerbelle, to attempt to prove your position by pointing to raw accidental injury statistics while ignoring the actual frequency of human engagement in the specific activity producing the injuries is disingenuous.
Its an utter falsification of reality.
Get it?
woof
What's up with you calling everyone tinkerbelle? If you have to take a whiz go. I'm sure you're not paper trained, no carpet piss.
Duke for Mayor

United States

#135 Jan 31, 2013
My my my. You folks don't like hearing the truth, do you?

First, you cherry pick accidental injury and death statistics claiming that they "prove" that one is more at risk of injury or death from falling than from gunshots.

After being shown that clearly, a simplistic look at those statistics cannot possibly support such a conclusion, because one factor necessary to reach it is missing, you attack the messenger.

I'll say it again, this way:

Count the number of steps you take, or the number of minutes you're standing erect in one day, one week, one month...use a chronological criteria of your own choice.

Now plug in the number of occasions or minutes you handle a firearm in the same chronological timespan.

Then tell me what those statistics you cite as support for your ridiculous conclusions really mean.

woof

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#136 Jan 31, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>

We don't ban bicycles because a percentage of U.S. cyclists are accidentally killed annually while enjoying their hobby.
They are? That's it for me. No bikes.
Duke for Mayor

United States

#137 Jan 31, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>A bicyclist has never been maimed or killed?
What on earth makes you think I said that, or that the answer to that question is relevant in any way to whether one is more at risk from accidental falls or shootings?

woof
hey now

Columbus, OH

#138 Jan 31, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
First, you cherry pick accidental injury and death statistics claiming that they "prove" that one is more at risk of injury or death from falling than from gunshots.
After being shown that clearly, a simplistic look at those statistics cannot possibly support such a conclusion, because one factor necessary to reach it is missing, you attack the messenger.
Count the number of steps you take, or the number of minutes you're standing erect in one day, one week, one month...use a chronological criteria of your own choice.
Now plug in the number of occasions or minutes you handle a firearm in the same chronological timespan.
Then tell me what those statistics you cite as support for your ridiculous conclusions really mean.
woof
Why should we do anything you suggest? According to your line of reasoning we were dead long ago because we were defenseless. Come to think of it, extending your line of reasoning against self-defense we should ban antibiotics, hygene, and boil alerts.
hey now

Columbus, OH

#139 Jan 31, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>The poor child that was just killed after being in the inaugural parade, a mile from Obama's house, not current Chi town address. Sickening.
I can't understand why one segment of a population would allow the destruction of its own...maybe the $900 uncle sugar provides for a funeral is instead used for something else by the members of that community...a pair of flashy sneakers perhaps?
Duke for Mayor

United States

#140 Jan 31, 2013
hey now wrote:
<quoted text>Why should we do anything you suggest? According to your line of reasoning we were dead long ago because we were defenseless. Come to think of it, extending your line of reasoning against self-defense we should ban antibiotics, hygene, and boil alerts.
"my line of reasoning against self defense".

What the hell are you mumbling about?

woof
Duke for Mayor

United States

#141 Jan 31, 2013
hey now wrote:
<quoted text>Why should we do anything you suggest? According to your line of reasoning we were dead long ago because we were defenseless. Come to think of it, extending your line of reasoning against self-defense we should ban antibiotics, hygene, and boil alerts.
You can't handle truth, can you?

woof

Columbus, OH

#142 Jan 31, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell are you mumbling about?
woof
Arf, bark, arf, arf. Understand that?

Location hidden

#143 Jan 31, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
woof
You were provided a more closely related example with bicycle use.
Your response failed.

Let's revisit:

CDC:~30% of the American population own bikes.

2007 Small Arms Survey: Estimates 8.7 guns per 100 Americans
(#1 in the world for guns per capita...as we know).

2007: 578 bicycle-related accidental deaths.
2007: 613 gun-related accidental deaths.

Hmmm....

It is you who are attempting to make what is simple...complex.
To do otherwise would impede your leftist attack on gunowners.

If only you felt so passionately about the annual accidental deaths of Americans -- including children -- while riding bicycles.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ya just can't make this stuff up 18 min Pope Che Reagan C... 21
ISIS? How About Psychopathic Football Players ... 1 hr UTrashy 17
Democraps....the party of rape 6 hr UTrashy 21
Donald Trump Big Liar 9 hr d pants 14
News Chili And Wing Cook Off Set For Saturday On Mir... 12 hr Annalisa 3
Men in the Girls Bathroom Sun UTrashy 400
News Joe Biden's Columbus destination: Jeni's Ice Cream Sun Three Psyche 35
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages