Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>

Interfering in self-determination?
A housing development with a freely agreed upon contract, is a "people" or a "nation"

You don't seem to get what "self-determination" means, it's not the same as "self-ownership" that's a different principle that it would be better to ask Tony about.

"Self-determination" is a concept of nationalism, or why we fought the First World War.

Since: Jan 13

Returning with a vengeance

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, that's what we do.
Have you forgotten about this: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/17/recreat... ?
They could have done the same with BP rifles, stupid is still stupid especially when drunk and drugged.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celebratory_gunf...

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
A housing development with a freely agreed upon contract, is a "people" or a "nation"
You don't seem to get what "self-determination" means, it's not the same as "self-ownership" that's a different principle that it would be better to ask Tony about.
"Self-determination" is a concept of nationalism, or why we fought the First World War.
As I recall, Karl, you were the one who introduced suburban living as the highest expression of self-determination. And felt that any criticism was an attempt to interfere with the white male right to self-determination.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
They could have done the same with BP rifles, stupid is still stupid especially when drunk and drugged.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celebratory_gunf...
And yet, you oppose any and all attempts to stand between stupid (not to mention drunk) and guns.
Red State Texan

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
The NRA is fighting a battle against stuff that nobody is proposing. And it remains to be seen how much of what has been proposed can make it into law.
The thing about hysteria is that it is easy to whip up excitement that leads to action. Just not always the wisest action.
Remember Y2K?
Noooo. Guns were never confiscated in New Orleans after Katrina. Look at how the gangs controlled the city and the law-abiding citizens fled.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
As I recall, Karl, you were the one who introduced suburban living as the highest expression of self-determination. And felt that any criticism was an attempt to interfere with the white male right to self-determination.
Is it a form of "self-determination" yes, the "highest form" no, that would be the ability of several states to declare themselves a nation representing a people.

You have generally made it clear you blame white conservatives for the vast majority of urban problems, because they chose to exercise their right to self-determination.

I don't get why it's OK for some groups to have self-destructive identity politics, but our people cannot have constructive identity politics.

It's the equal and opposite reaction to years of the multi-cult.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet, you oppose any and all attempts to stand between stupid (not to mention drunk) and guns.
What difference, at this point, does it make???

No system could have barred them from having firearms and known that they would be intoxicated and be felony stupid, without infringing on constitutional rights.

For a leftist that fears racial profiling and stop and frisk, I find your disregard for other amendments, disturbing...

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
And now, a return to the real word:
http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/16/...
Gun sales are booming, and women are a big part of the reason why.
It's anecdotal, but I know more female CCW permit holders than male ones.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
If your knee-jerk reaction hadn't prevented you from reading, you might have discovered that the phenomenon was not invented by SPLC, nor are they the only folks talking about it. It happens that their stuff is pretty readable and accessible. If you prefer more scholarly work, I could pull a few citations for you to look up.
Anything promoted or supported by the SPLC is bullsh!t.

Further, it is you, Reader, who constantly lectures us Constitution-loving Americans [i.e., law-abiding gunowners] that if we believe our rights are being trampled...then we have "remedies under the law."

Take your own medicine. If these citizens' rights are being trampled...they may seek remedy under the law.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, that's what we do.
Have you forgotten about this: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/17/recreat... ?
Yeah...that's a recurring headline in the nightly news.

/s

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
A couple years before the freeway shooter debacle around Columbus I was returning from vacation with another family. We had a vanload of kids. Suddenly one of the windows shattered. We pulled off and called the local law enforcement (particularly because the guy behind was was honked off that the flying glass hit his windsheild and cracked it). The local guys tried at first to suggest that something inside the van had caused the window to break, but it happened when all in the back was peaceful--not to mention knowing what kind of force it takes to actually break a car window.
I kinda put it out of mind until the freeway shooter cropped up. But, it has always made sense to me that someone was engaging in some target practice out in a field and either got tired of the targets, or missed.
Always felt fortunate that nobody got hurt by the flying glass, but also that nobody got hit with anything else.
IOW, you have no idea why the van window shattered, and any comment of yours is pure speculation.

I witnessed our tempered-glass patio table spontaneously shatter one fine spring day.

Things happen.

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
The NRA is fighting a battle against stuff that nobody is proposing.
We know how you bitches work. Just a little bit this time, just a little bit next time... Pretty soon, liberty is gone.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Anything promoted or supported by the SPLC is bullsh!t.
Further, it is you, Reader, who constantly lectures us Constitution-loving Americans [i.e., law-abiding gunowners] that if we believe our rights are being trampled...then we have "remedies under the law."
Take your own medicine. If these citizens' rights are being trampled...they may seek remedy under the law.
The hidden subtext is that they are too ignorant to figure that out.

The question is: is it the fault of (white) conservatives for opposing wealth transfer programs (Reader's view)

Or is it because of a degenerate underclass culture that does not commend education or responsible fatherhood, among others, blaming whitey for the problem.(Karl's view)

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
IOW, you have no idea why the van window shattered, and any comment of yours is pure speculation.
I witnessed our tempered-glass patio table spontaneously shatter one fine spring day.
Things happen.
That happened to ours, too.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Ask the Pakistanis...
Pakistani genocide?
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Exactly who do I control?
Sorry that I handed you your derriere in my response, LOL.
Once again, Fred declares victory. Marone.

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
It's irrelevant.
Exactly right. No matter what any statistics say, one of the most fundamental rights every human being should have is the right to protect his or her own life! Without that, there is no right to life at all.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Pakistani genocide?
One drone at a time.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

<quoted text>One drone at a time.
Yet another word that George doesn't know the meaning of.

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, disagree with the left, and the "tolerance" goes away...
And that isn't mentioning the bashing of (white) suburban males, because the left does not believe we have the rights to SELF DETERMINATION.
Because self-determination implies personal responsibility, and they DAMN sure don't want any part of that!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
In Ferguson, Missouri, different kinds of prote... 5 min They cannot kill ... 2
Need help 10 min Chick 1
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 39 min Pope Che Reagan C... 30,248
Do you agree with Obama's plan to fundamentally... 48 min Pope Che Reagan C... 231
Columbus man gets 37-year sentence for rape, ot... 1 hr Oliver Canterberry 1
Dayton man charged in stabbing incident 1 hr Oliver Canterberry 1
Officer involved in Wal-Mart shooting back on job 1 hr Oliver Canterberry 1
ISIS beheads James Foley 3 hr Buckeye at Birth 91
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 22 hr Correction 2,271

Search the Columbus Forum:
•••
•••
Columbus Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••