Is Gun Hysteria a Guy Thing?

Hugh Victor Thompson III

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#64 Jan 30, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Who knew that all guns were for killing people?
And to think...mine have never harmed a soul.
I must be one of the lucky ones.
Me, too. And in my lifetime, I've never been sanctioned legally or financially for anything regarding guns. Now automobiles on the other hand...

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#65 Jan 30, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong. All in the Family did it in 1971.
But tell me how that little nugget of misinformation has anything to do with incrementalism that eventually stripped many private property owners of their Constitutional rights 35 years later?
1) until Archie flushed, it was unthinkable. It was funny because everyone at home was going, "oh, no, they didn't!" You may recall as well that married TV couples slept in twin beds, never both sat on the same bed unless two feet remained on the floor and they never lip-locked--only pecked.

2) pointing out that incrementalism flows in many directions.

3) and June Cleaver mopped the floor in a dress and heels. Roseanne Barr, if she mopped, dressed appropriately.

Location hidden

#66 Jan 30, 2013
<quoted text>My subdivision's HOA came into existence before the very first home was ready for occupancy. Nobody can cry about the rules being changed in the middle of the game in that case. When you build a new home or purchase an existing home here, you are presented with the HOA agreement at closing. If you don't sign it, you don't move in.
BTW, in you scenario, it's the fault of the Mary Janes for not having a clue about what they signed up for.
Good God, woman...is it always sombody elses (preferably white, male and monied) fault in your world?
And in the grand scheme of things, isn't your precious United Nations simply a planetary HOA? Lots of denial of self-determination flows from that nest of vipers on the East River, but by golly, you leftists love it.
The point is, George, that you and Karl only pay lip service to self-determination. You really don't give a fig about self-determination. But you are heavily invested in controlling others.

Location hidden

#67 Jan 30, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Who knew that all guns were for killing people?
And to think...mine have never harmed a soul.
I must be one of the lucky ones.
What did you think it was? A doorstop? A paper weight?

Location hidden

#68 Jan 30, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Name one opportunity not available to non-whites in the U.S.A.
I'm still waiting....
Equal opportunity under the law.

Read further: http://www.tolerance.org/magazine/number-43-s...

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#69 Jan 30, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
1) until Archie flushed, it was unthinkable. It was funny because everyone at home was going, "oh, no, they didn't!" You may recall as well that married TV couples slept in twin beds, never both sat on the same bed unless two feet remained on the floor and they never lip-locked--only pecked.
2) pointing out that incrementalism flows in many directions.
3) and June Cleaver mopped the floor in a dress and heels. Roseanne Barr, if she mopped, dressed appropriately.
Key word with Roseanne..."if." And the white trash lifestyle was celebrated. Could have been worse...today, Roseanne would be a lesbian.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#70 Jan 30, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is, George, that you and Karl only pay lip service to self-determination. You really don't give a fig about self-determination. But you are heavily invested in controlling others.
Exactly who do I control?
Sorry that I handed you your derriere in my response, LOL.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#71 Jan 30, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
What did you think it was? A doorstop? A paper weight?
Well, gee...since my guns have never killed anyone, perhaps I should demand a refund?

Location hidden

#72 Jan 30, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Equal opportunity under the law.
Read further: http://www.tolerance.org/magazine/number-43-s...
SPLC bullsh!t.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#73 Jan 30, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, gee...since my guns have never killed anyone, perhaps I should demand a refund?
And then donate it to the SPLC...

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

#74 Jan 30, 2013
<quoted text>Exactly who do I control?
Me Georgie, please PM me and tell me what my next thoughts are. Me Georgie, please PM me and tell me what my next thoughts are. Me Georgie, please PM me and tell me what my next thoughts are. Me Georgie, please PM me and tell me what my next thoughts are. Are you getting these messages George? I'm breaking out in a cold sweat awaiting my next directive from you.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#75 Jan 30, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>Me Georgie, please PM me and tell me what my next thoughts are. Me Georgie, please PM me and tell me what my next thoughts are. Me Georgie, please PM me and tell me what my next thoughts are. Me Georgie, please PM me and tell me what my next thoughts are. Are you getting these messages George? I'm breaking out in a cold sweat awaiting my next directive from you.
Stand by...I'm calibrating the wireless brainwave machine Dick Cheney sent to all of us paid fascist disruptors on comment boards around the world. Your next orders will be transmitted after the daily ritual UN flag burning at 1700 hours EST.
Catman Dave

Chardon, OH

#76 Jan 30, 2013
WiseAmerican wrote:
<quoted text> Please! You live in the sticks ,dude! No one will even know you're back deep in that havel. You're safer than 98% of urban people.
I know and it's cool that I was able to get out of Euclid when I did because it's nothing but a ghetto now.When I see the neighborhood that I was born and raised in now I just want to cry.But the fact that I live in the country now just means that the crooks will think even more that they would be able to get away with a robbery without being seen.And where I am now,gunshots are heard every day due to hunting/target shooting and nobody thinks a thing about it.However,if Oidiot gets away with this gun crap,he will just want more and you know that.

Location hidden

#77 Jan 30, 2013
Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text>I know and it's cool that I was able to get out of Euclid when I did because it's nothing but a ghetto now.When I see the neighborhood that I was born and raised in now I just want to cry.But the fact that I live in the country now just means that the crooks will think even more that they would be able to get away with a robbery without being seen.And where I am now,gunshots are heard every day due to hunting/target shooting and nobody thinks a thing about it.However,if Oidiot gets away with this gun crap,he will just want more and you know that.
My neighbor's been shooting all afternoon.
Reader would have hit the floor and called 9-1-1 by now.
Location, location, location.
Catman Dave

Chardon, OH

#78 Jan 30, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly,and the fact that I can just walk out my front door and fire off some rounds without being arrested makes it even more dangerous for me if somebody came here with ill intent.But the cool thing here for me is that 3 deputies live right on my street,but that doesn't mean that they will get here any faster.But if the thugs pick one of their homes to rob,God help them.

Location hidden

#79 Jan 30, 2013
Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly,and the fact that I can just walk out my front door and fire off some rounds without being arrested makes it even more dangerous for me if somebody came here with ill intent.But the cool thing here for me is that 3 deputies live right on my street,but that doesn't mean that they will get here any faster.But if the thugs pick one of their homes to rob,God help them.
As I like to say:

My alarm tells me you're here.
My gun says not for long.

Location hidden

#80 Jan 30, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
SPLC bullsh!t.
If your knee-jerk reaction hadn't prevented you from reading, you might have discovered that the phenomenon was not invented by SPLC, nor are they the only folks talking about it. It happens that their stuff is pretty readable and accessible. If you prefer more scholarly work, I could pull a few citations for you to look up.

Location hidden

#81 Jan 30, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, that's what we do.

Have you forgotten about this: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/17/recreat... ?

Location hidden

#82 Jan 30, 2013
Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly,and the fact that I can just walk out my front door and fire off some rounds without being arrested makes it even more dangerous for me if somebody came here with ill intent.But the cool thing here for me is that 3 deputies live right on my street,but that doesn't mean that they will get here any faster.But if the thugs pick one of their homes to rob,God help them.
A couple years before the freeway shooter debacle around Columbus I was returning from vacation with another family. We had a vanload of kids. Suddenly one of the windows shattered. We pulled off and called the local law enforcement (particularly because the guy behind was was honked off that the flying glass hit his windsheild and cracked it). The local guys tried at first to suggest that something inside the van had caused the window to break, but it happened when all in the back was peaceful--not to mention knowing what kind of force it takes to actually break a car window.

I kinda put it out of mind until the freeway shooter cropped up. But, it has always made sense to me that someone was engaging in some target practice out in a field and either got tired of the targets, or missed.

Always felt fortunate that nobody got hurt by the flying glass, but also that nobody got hit with anything else.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#83 Jan 30, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
A couple years before the freeway shooter debacle around Columbus I was returning from vacation with another family. We had a vanload of kids. Suddenly one of the windows shattered. We pulled off and called the local law enforcement (particularly because the guy behind was was honked off that the flying glass hit his windsheild and cracked it). The local guys tried at first to suggest that something inside the van had caused the window to break, but it happened when all in the back was peaceful--not to mention knowing what kind of force it takes to actually break a car window.
I kinda put it out of mind until the freeway shooter cropped up. But, it has always made sense to me that someone was engaging in some target practice out in a field and either got tired of the targets, or missed.
Always felt fortunate that nobody got hurt by the flying glass, but also that nobody got hit with anything else.
I will say that I'm sorry that happened to you but anything can happen at any time anywhere.If an airplane dropped out of the sky onto somebody would you ban them too?What Oidiot is trying to do to the constitution is just wrong and he has to be stopped NOW or it will never end.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jim Jordan makes us look stupid 27 min mike in mechanics... 2
CRAZY Nancy HOLDS OUR MILITARY HOSTAGE ..... 30 min GOP hehehe 4
News WTVN-AM radio host John Corby dies at age 61 40 min Ron Eisnaugle 1
Trump BALD HEAD 53 min d pants 206
DEPORT ILLEGALS TODAY ! If you have a problem w... 1 hr BizzyBee 1
AEP silences #MeToo complaint 1 hr Just_B_N_Me 43
John Corby died Jan 20. 2018 1 hr Slim 19
T Minus 4 3 2 1 ,,,, | Mueller Gone! 8 hr 404 not found 138

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web