Facebook: Obama backers get billions in tax breaks

Posted in the Columbus Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#1 Feb 15, 2013
http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-02-...

"Tax the rich"...

Jerry Brown and Barry Soetoro will say nothing about the tax cheats of facebook...

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2 Feb 15, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
http://www.businessweek.com/ar ticles/2013-02-15/facebook-get s-a-multi-billion-dollar-tax-b reak
"Tax the rich"...
Jerry Brown and Barry Soetoro will say nothing about the tax cheats of facebook...
Unbelievable, huh? All the more reason for a flat tax on every form of income. Including entitlements.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#3 Feb 15, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Unbelievable, huh? All the more reason for a flat tax on every form of income. Including entitlements.
It's about influence peddling. FB is a major player, and Zuckerberg and his lib co-founders are major funders of the left.

“Hi-Yo Silver! Away!”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#4 Feb 15, 2013
*cough* Halliburton *cough*

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#6 Feb 15, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
It's about influence peddling. FB is a major player, and Zuckerberg and his lib co-founders are major funders of the left.
It's obscene. And all the more so because it is so blatant,

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#7 Feb 16, 2013
Kemosahbe wrote:
*cough* Halliburton *cough*
And Bush has been gone how long?

What's next, gonna blame Harding for his scandals?

And don't forget GE, Solyndra, and the other green energy scams

“Hi-Yo Silver! Away!”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#8 Feb 16, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
And Bush has been gone how long?
What's next, gonna blame Harding for his scandals?
And don't forget GE, Solyndra, and the other green energy scams
One question. Did you complain about Halliburton's favorable treatment by the government. If you did, then you raise a legit question. If not, you're a hypocrite, and need to STFU.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#9 Feb 16, 2013
Kemosahbe wrote:
<quoted text>
One question. Did you complain about Halliburton's favorable treatment by the government. If you did, then you raise a legit question. If not, you're a hypocrite, and need to STFU.
Well then K...In order to claim that you are not a hypocrite;
and since you seem to be fairly upset about "Halliburton's favorable treatment by the government", I guess you must be just as angry about
the obama administration's behavior.....

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

#10 Feb 16, 2013
Holds fundraiser for republican.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/...

“Hi-Yo Silver! Away!”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#11 Feb 16, 2013
6was9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then K...In order to claim that you are not a hypocrite;
and since you seem to be fairly upset about "Halliburton's favorable treatment by the government", I guess you must be just as angry about
the obama administration's behavior.....
I don't like any big companies paying no taxes or preferential tax breaks, regardless of who's in power.

If you'd been paying attention you'd know this.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#12 Feb 16, 2013
Kemosahbe wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't like any big companies paying no taxes or preferential tax breaks, regardless of who's in power.
If you'd been paying attention you'd know this.
I don't pay attention to most of your posts....
However glad to hear that.
Country Blumpkin

New York, NY

#13 Feb 16, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Unbelievable, huh? All the more reason for a flat tax on every form of income. Including entitlements.
You do realize that tax is paid by the individual that received the non-cash compensation don't you? The government gets their piece. It is taxed at ordinary rates to them. If they are in the highest bracket, thats 39.6%. It ends up being a good deal for the government. Company gets a deduction at 35% and income pick-up at 39.6% The feds essentially make 4.6% out of thin air. Plus social security up to the limit and medicare.

If I am the government, i take that deal everyday including sunday.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#14 Feb 16, 2013
Kemosahbe wrote:
<quoted text>
One question. Did you complain about Halliburton's favorable treatment by the government. If you did, then you raise a legit question. If not, you're a hypocrite, and need to STFU.
I was apolitical during those years.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#15 Feb 16, 2013
WDRussell wrote:
Holds fundraiser for republican.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/...
Yeah, he raised money for Fatboy, we don't like him, just because one has an R after their name, does not make them liked.

Seriously, if you actually said coherent things rather than blindingly stupid postings about how I'm supposedly a Neo-Nazi and Bush spent more money than Obama, you would realize that Chris Christie is perhaps the least favorite R of this forums right wing posters.

“Hi-Yo Silver! Away!”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#16 Feb 16, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
I was apolitical during those years.
Ok, if it were happening now (Bush and Halliburton) would you object? Are you a partisan cheerleader, or do you object to this favorable treatment regardless of who it is or who's in power?

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#17 Feb 16, 2013
Kemosahbe wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, if it were happening now (Bush and Halliburton) would you object? Are you a partisan cheerleader, or do you object to this favorable treatment regardless of who it is or who's in power?
I didn't like it when Kasich gave out the tax breaks to Bob Evans, among others.

Will I still support him, yes, but the cronyism does annoy me.
Real Tea Party

Columbus, OH

#18 Feb 17, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
http://www.businessweek.com/ar ticles/2013-02-15/facebook-get s-a-multi-billion-dollar-tax-b reak
"Tax the rich"...
Jerry Brown and Barry Soetoro will say nothing about the tax cheats of facebook...
Facebook is a big job creator, how dare you and the libs try to kill jobs by taxing our job creators! No more tax on business it kills jobs.
Real Tea Party

Columbus, OH

#19 Feb 17, 2013
Kemosahbe wrote:
*cough* Halliburton *cough*
You are comparing apple to orange, Halliburton is oil company that produces million if not billion of jobs to this world and the fossil fuel industry is our number one priority so little bit of tax break to them is not just a necessity but a national security issue. Besides they have been receiving subsidies for a century it's no big deal, FB however is a new venue we need to keep the government out of it.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#20 Feb 17, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
http://www.businessweek.com/ar ticles/2013-02-15/facebook-get s-a-multi-billion-dollar-tax-b reak
"Tax the rich"...
Jerry Brown and Barry Soetoro will say nothing about the tax cheats of facebook...
Where in that article does it say that Facebook is doing anything illegal?
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#21 Feb 17, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
It's obscene. And all the more so because it is so blatant,
Blatant what?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carolyn Bruck, channel 6 (Jan '12) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 328
COPS lives MATTER 2 hr They cannot kill ... 181
Everyone have a good Christmas? 2 hr They cannot kill ... 5
Who do you side with in New York and why? 2 hr wifi hacker 15
Joe Cocker is dead. 3 hr d pantz 67
2 magical days until Christmas 4 hr case closed biatches 69
The Middle East 5 hr Trash Collector 48
Merry Christmas everybody 6 hr Duke for Mayor 35
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 13 hr Pale Rider 4,922
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:46 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:46PM
Mike Pettine: Our first-round picks aren't busts
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?
NBC Sports 6:16 AM
A.J. Green's injured arm "feeling a little better"
NFL 7:11 AM
Mike Pettine: Browns won't write off Manziel, Gilbert
Bleacher Report10:17 AM
Complete Week 17 Preview for Baltimore