Co-anchor Amy Basista one of three laid off at Channel 4

Channel 4 management would not comment on the layoffs. A week ago, station owner Media General, which has been cutting operating costs, reported a profitable second quarter despite drooping ad revenue. Read more
steve_stiffler

Marion, OH

#153 Aug 4, 2009
David Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Of all the historical figures you could pick, why "Bebe Rebozo" -- known to history only as the rich Florida friend of a President who was a crook?
So what does that make Tony Rezko?
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
WestSideSteve

Westerville, OH

#154 Aug 4, 2009
Anietra...mmmmm 36 and so fine! And Ashley Drane needs to be on Spice!
Columbus Mom

Tiffin, OH

#155 Aug 4, 2009
I don't watch NBC often, just a preference, but aren't they the ones that have / had 2 weather guys on at one time? Jym Ganahl and some other guy? Really, it only takes one person to screw up the weather forcast... Cut the extra weather guy and keep Basista...
Breezy

Sidney, OH

#156 Aug 5, 2009
Good riddance! I was sick of turn, blink, breathe, read, turn, blink, breathe, read over and over. She has no substance and no talent.

I love Mikaela. She seems to have an actual functioning brain and isn't just there posing and reading.

I wish Marshall McPeek would move on, he is just plain whiny.

God, I so miss Heather Pick.
Chucks Toupee

Springboro, OH

#157 Aug 5, 2009
Mikaela is a big girl! Marshall McPeek is a big nerdy guy! If I were an executive at that station, I would get rid of the whole lot and brighten the set. It looks so dark and depressing. I like Channel 10 because their set is bright, and most of the reporters are upbeat....all except that weaving wearing Chuck Strickler. Jeff Hogan should replace him!
hillarys elbow

Columbus, OH

#158 Aug 5, 2009
Note to Dispatch: If ever you want to get people riled up and commenting, do a media personality story. Jym G=drugs, Gabe S=alcohol, Andrea C=anorexia, Jerry R=dressaholic, Collene M=black hair dye, Dom T=age spots, Carol L=nervous twitch and jerks, Cabot R=Head bobbing, Yolanda H-Holding folded paper in hand syndrome, and by the way-where has Gabe been lately?
News Hound

Lancaster, OH

#160 Aug 8, 2009
Where is Mindy Drayer?
She is not on this Sat. morning.
Tks
BILLY MAYS

Springboro, OH

#161 Aug 8, 2009
News Hound wrote:
Where is Mindy Drayer?
She is not on this Sat. morning.
Tks
Where ever she is, let her stay. Mrs. Commentator is annoying.
News Hound

Lancaster, OH

#162 Aug 9, 2009
Let Bob Dumbley go back to radio.
THEY R NUTS

Springboro, OH

#163 Aug 9, 2009
News Hound wrote:
Let Bob Dumbley go back to radio.
He's fugly!
lon dong

Columbus, OH

#164 Aug 10, 2009
Columbus Mom wrote:
I don't watch NBC often, just a preference, but aren't they the ones that have / had 2 weather guys on at one time? Jym Ganahl and some other guy? Really, it only takes one person to screw up the weather forcast... Cut the extra weather guy and keep Basista...
That's when Jym could lose it during the cast------had to have a default guy.
abc

Columbus, OH

#165 Aug 10, 2009
Back in the day-Dana Tyler.
JWH

Lancaster, OH

#166 Aug 20, 2009
To bad, she was very energetic about news it seemed. Channel 4 is nothing but ads and "Extra" "gossip" compared to what it has been in the past. The news that they had on at 4pm was also nice.
A downward spiral in the beginning stage.
rudy

Hilliard, OH

#167 Aug 21, 2009
Amy basista was horrible at her job. She had problems even reading the telepromter. And from the other stations she was at the there viewers said she was a high maintanance bit** to eveyone.
Tom

Dublin, OH

#168 Aug 24, 2009
Moving here from LA I was amazed by TV news here!
NBC4 is actually funny to watch,like a high school journalism TV class. Surprised Basista was let go.Others at 4 are lucky to stay on.WBNS 10 is way by far the best. WSYX 6 & 28 is getting better.
anonymous

Columbus, OH

#169 Dec 8, 2009
all channel 4 is RWB and ads. The Broad and High studio was a waste of money!
Channel 4 sucks

Reynoldsburg, OH

#170 Dec 8, 2009
Channel 4 spends too much time telling us what's coming later and has too many computer generated graphic interludes and segues. Cut the crap and just tell us what's happening.
Ugly bumper

United States

#171 Dec 8, 2009
She is hot. With her extra free time now I may try to hook up with her and bump something ugly.
Amy Basista

Reynoldsburg, OH

#172 Dec 8, 2009
Ugly bumper wrote:
.....bump something ugly.
I'd suggest your face into a sharp rock.
Hitch Rules

Westerville, OH

#173 Jan 1, 2010
Mindy (was) not on the air, as in fired? She wasn't? Aww, shucks, quit teasing us...I was hoping that obnoxious (just ask those at Channel 4 - I happen to know that, on good authority) horseface was canned.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jesus Christ King of Kings Lord of Lord's 9 min They cannot kill ... 27
Jesus Christ Little Kings Horde Of Fords 18 min Truthful 2
News Smoking-violation fines go unpaid (May '11) 25 min Schmones 56
News US Senate rivals Strickland, Sittenfeld note di... 1 hr Columbus Sucks Too 1
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 1 hr MrGlad 6,019
Spook (Apr '12) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 38
Exclusively for white people' stickers put on A... 1 hr Concerned Citizen 67
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]