House Republicans want Lois Lerner ch...

House Republicans want Lois Lerner charged

Posted in the Columbus Forum

“MAGA”

Since: May 13

Columbus, OH

#1 Apr 7, 2014
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/04/house-r...

The House Ways and Means Committee will vote this week to formally ask the Justice Department to pursue criminal charges against former IRS employee Lois Lerner, an official at the center of Republican probes of the matter.

The committee will mark up a letter to Attorney General Eric Holder on Wednesday accusing Lerner of committing three crimes relating to the IRS’s targeting of conservative groups seeking tax exempt status, a Republican staffer said.

“MAGA”

Since: May 13

Columbus, OH

#2 Apr 7, 2014
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/375275/h...

The House Ways and Means Committee, led by outgoing chairman Dave Camp, will vote this week to ask the Department of Justice to pursue criminal charges against former Internal Revenue Service employee Lois Lerner.

In an executive session on Wednesday, Camp’s panel will mark up a letter to attorney general Eric Holder that outlines “one or more crimes” it claims Lerner committed, based on evidence the committee uncovered in its investigation, while the agency was inappropriately targeting tea-party groups. The meeting will take place behind closed doors because the letter contains confidential taxpayer information: It details particular groups and individuals that were victimized by the IRS, which is protected under Section 6103 of the Internal Revenue Code.

Boehner on Monday told Fox News’s Megyn Kelly that Lerner committed a crime by “misleading the conference” and that from the time the scandal broke, he has felt somebody belonged behind bars.

“I don’t care who’s going to be fired, I want to know who’s going to jail,” Boehner said he told his colleagues when the scandal surfaced last May.“Somebody at the IRS violated the law.”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Columbus Biggest bold face Liar? 5 min CDN 6
Russia Investigation 17 min Male 18
Dems in disarray- Well, yeah! 24 min Male 233
Health Care/The Wall 1 hr Mojo Risen 104
A taste of their own 1 hr They cannot kill ... 263
Robert Mueller Investigating Donald Trump 4 hr Pale Rider 174
Erase ObamaCare, It Doesn't Work, Its Unaffordable 9 hr Axe ObamaCare 3
Ramadan, Does Anyone Understand It? 9 hr d pants 21

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web