The Insidious Effect of PC

Posted in the Columbus Forum

Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#3 Mar 19, 2014
Jackie_Chiles_10024 wrote:
By Dr. Ben Carson
When I was in high school in Detroit, there was a great deal of emphasis on clothing. As I became increasingly interested in fitting in with the “in crowd,” fashion supplanted academic achievement in my hierarchy of importance. My grades plummeted, and I became a person who was less pleasant and more self-absorbed.
My mother was disappointed, because she thought I had enough insight and intelligence to avoid the flypaper trap of acting like everyone else.
Fortunately, after wasting a year pursuing acceptance, I realized that my dreams went far beyond silk shirts and sharkskin pants. I decided to forsake the “in crowd” and redoubled my academic efforts in time to rescue my sinking grade-point average and gain admission to an Ivy League university.
To say that the “in crowd” was disgruntled when I abandoned their association would be a gross understatement. It eventually became clear to them that I would not rejoin their ranks under any circumstances, and they left me alone.
Despite the insults hurled at me, my classmates, at the time of graduation, voted me “most likely to succeed.” This suggested to me that they knew the prerequisites for success but were unwilling to fulfill them, and they wanted others to remain shackled to their underachieving lifestyle.
Political correctness (PC) operates in much the same fashion. It is in place to ensure conformity to the prescribed expressions and lifestyles dictated by the elites.
There are rewards of acceptance and praise for members of the “in crowd” as they attempt to silence or destroy any who dare think for themselves or express opposing views. Similarly, the purveyors of PC seize upon a word or phrase, which they emphasize in an attempt to divert attention away from the actual issue that doesn’t fit their narrative.
I have stated in the past that Obamacare is the worst thing to occur in our country since slavery. Why did I make such a strong statement? Obviously, I recognize the horrors of slavery. My roots have been traced back to Africa, and I am aware of some horrendous deeds inflicted on my ancestors in this country.
The purpose of the statement was not to minimize the most evil institution in American history, but rather to draw attention to a profound shift of power from the people to the government.
I think this shift is beginning to wrench the nation from one centered on the rights of individual citizens to one that accepts the right of the government to control even the most essential parts of our lives. This strikes a serious blow to the concept of freedom that gave birth to this nation.
Some well-known radicals have publicly written and stated that in order for their idea of a utopian, egalitarian society to emerge in the United States, the government must control health care, which ensures the dependency of the populace on government. Historical analysis of many countries that have gone this route demonstrates the obliteration of the middle class and a massive expansion of the poor, dependent class with a relatively small number of elites in control.
Insidious? How nefarious!
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#4 Mar 19, 2014
This is sobering information, and those who want to fundamentally change America would much rather demonize someone who is exposing this agenda than engage in a conversation that they cannot win. Others join in the fray, happily marching in lockstep with those who are attempting to convert our nation to something we won’t recognize, having no idea that they are being used. Vladimir Lenin is sometimes credited with coining the phrase “useful idiots” to describe such individuals.
It is time in America for the people to open their eyes to what is happening all around them as our nation undergoes radical changes without so much as a conversation out of fear of being called a name, of facing economically adverse actions, or of enduring government harassment, characterized by the perpetrators as “phony scandals.”
Political correctness is antithetical to our founding principles of freedom of speech and freedom of expression. Its most powerful tool is intimidation.
If it is not vigorously opposed, its proponents win by default, because the victims adopt a “go along to get along” attitude. Major allies in the imposition of PC are members of the media, some of whom thrive on controversy while others are true ideologues.
The true believers would be amusing if it were not so sad to behold them dissecting, distorting, and repeating words in an attempt to divert attention from the rise of government control.
The American people must learn to identify and ignore political correctness if we are to escape the bitter ideological grenades that are destroying our unity and strength. Political correctness is impotent if we the people are fearless. Let us emphasize intelligent discussion of issues and leave the smear campaigns to those with no constructive ideas.
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/373670/...
What a whiny cvnt.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#5 Mar 19, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>What a whiny cvnt.
a self reflection finally?
They cannot kill a Spook

Toledo, OH

#6 Mar 19, 2014
I bet yours smells like a carp left out in the sun for a week in july.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#7 Mar 19, 2014
If it is not vigorously opposed, its proponents win by default, because the victims adopt a “go along to get along” attitude. Major allies in the imposition of PC are members of the media, some of whom thrive on controversy while others are true ideologues.
The true believers would be amusing if it were not so sad to behold them dissecting, distorting, and repeating words in an attempt to divert attention from the rise of government control.
The American people must learn to identify and ignore political correctness if we are to escape the bitter ideological grenades that are destroying our unity and strength. Political correctness is impotent if we the people are fearless. Let us emphasize intelligent discussion of issues and leave the smear campaigns to those with no constructive ideas.
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/373670/...
Brillant. Ben Carson is admirable for so many reasons and accomplished in so many areas, yet he remains a humble man.

Exact opposite of Obama. Admirable? No. Accomplished? No? Humble? Oh, HELL no.

“THE GANG”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#8 Mar 19, 2014
By Dr. Ben Carson
When I was in high school in Detroit, there was a great deal of emphasis on clothing. As I became increasingly interested in fitting in with the “in crowd,” fashion supplanted academic achievement in my hierarchy of importance. My grades plummeted, and I became a person who was less pleasant and more self-absorbed.
My mother was disappointed, because she thought I had enough insight and intelligence to avoid the flypaper trap of acting like everyone else.
Fortunately, after wasting a year pursuing acceptance, I realized that my dreams went far beyond silk shirts and sharkskin pants. I decided to forsake the “in crowd” and redoubled my academic efforts in time to rescue my sinking grade-point average and gain admission to an Ivy League university.
To say that the “in crowd” was disgruntled when I abandoned their association would be a gross understatement. It eventually became clear to them that I would not rejoin their ranks under any circumstances, and they left me alone.
Despite the insults hurled at me, my classmates, at the time of graduation, voted me “most likely to succeed.” This suggested to me that they knew the prerequisites for success but were unwilling to fulfill them, and they wanted others to remain shackled to their underachieving lifestyle.
Political correctness (PC) operates in much the same fashion. It is in place to ensure conformity to the prescribed expressions and lifestyles dictated by the elites.
There are rewards of acceptance and praise for members of the “in crowd” as they attempt to silence or destroy any who dare think for themselves or express opposing views. Similarly, the purveyors of PC seize upon a word or phrase, which they emphasize in an attempt to divert attention away from the actual issue that doesn’t fit their narrative.
I have stated in the past that Obamacare is the worst thing to occur in our country since slavery. Why did I make such a strong statement? Obviously, I recognize the horrors of slavery. My roots have been traced back to Africa, and I am aware of some horrendous deeds inflicted on my ancestors in this country.
The purpose of the statement was not to minimize the most evil institution in American history, but rather to draw attention to a profound shift of power from the people to the government.
I think this shift is beginning to wrench the nation from one centered on the rights of individual citizens to one that accepts the right of the government to control even the most essential parts of our lives. This strikes a serious blow to the concept of freedom that gave birth to this nation.
Some well-known radicals have publicly written and stated that in order for their idea of a utopian, egalitarian society to emerge in the United States, the government must control health care, which ensures the dependency of the populace on government. Historical analysis of many countries that have gone this route demonstrates the obliteration of the middle class and a massive expansion of the poor, dependent class with a relatively small number of elites in control.
Amen to this! I agree people walk around with blinders on and instead of doing what is right, the don't make waves,so as not to "rock the boat"!
The boat needs to be rocked.
So many underlying corrupt goings on and it's right under our noses. Some ethnic groups want it all and step on our rights doing it, condoned by our government, using the guise of freedom of speech, rights, etc.

“THE GANG”

Location hidden

#9 Mar 19, 2014
Amen to this! I agree people walk around with blinders on and instead of doing what is right, the don't make waves,so as not to "rock the boat"!
The boat needs to be rocked.
So many underlying corrupt goings on and it's right under our noses. Some ethnic groups want it all and step on our rights doing it, condoned by our government, using the guise of freedom of speech, rights, etc.

Very good article!

“THE GANG”

Location hidden

#10 Mar 19, 2014
OMG, what the hell.......
Lol
It didn't post so I just wrote my response in another post.....
Lolololol

“THE GANG”

Location hidden

#11 Mar 19, 2014
That remark was uncalled for and you know it! Always trying to make trouble for no reason!
It's the attention you're after! I just know it!
Negative remarks warrant negative responses!
Go have yourself a JD on the rocks and chill!
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#12 Mar 19, 2014
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
That remark was uncalled for and you know it! Always trying to make trouble for no reason!
I knew that was all it would take for the anti-PC crowd to go all PC up in here. Thanks for not disappointing me.

“THE GANG”

Location hidden

#13 Mar 19, 2014
<quoted text>
I knew that was all it would take for the anti-PC crowd to go all PC up in here. Thanks for not disappointing me.
You're pathetic and must be bored.
Oh and BTW....it is you who is a disappointment.
For an attorney, you're sure petty and trite!
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#14 Mar 19, 2014
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
You're pathetic and must be bored.
Oh and BTW....it is you who is a disappointment.
Better than being a self important, PC, hypocrite.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#15 Mar 19, 2014
BizzyBee wrote:
I am pretty sure that contravenes the Ohio Rules of Professional Conduct.

Report him!

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#16 Mar 19, 2014
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
JD on the rocks won't cure what ails Che. The problem she has with this article is her stereotype that all black people need to be as liberal as she is.

Ben Carson rocks.

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#17 Mar 19, 2014
<quoted text>
Not at all darling. I'll gladly be PC and tell you that you are full of sheet. Don't take your head out of your ass, that would prove fatal to nearly all in Medina County.

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#18 Mar 19, 2014
^^^just for the record--ANTI-PC^^^^
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#19 Mar 19, 2014
gokeefe wrote:
^^^just for the record--ANTI-PC^^^^
Dear God, you are boring.

“THE GANG”

Location hidden

#20 Mar 19, 2014
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
I am pretty sure that contravenes the Ohio Rules of Professional Conduct.
Report him!
What lawyer do you know who spends 24/7 on Topix, making snide,rude and demeaning remarks to people he disagrees with? What does this say about an officer of the court?
Trying to prove he's above all the rest? My my, such an inflation of his ego.
If this is beneath his standards, then WHY bother? Not very becoming behavior coming from a supposed professional.
Any lawyer I know, and I know quite a few, doesn't have the time nor want to waste their time on Topix.

Something's wrong here, don't ya think?
Not usual behavior and expectations from an attorney.
My lawyers are very professional and know them personally, with a super busy clientele.
My opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ABC FAMILY Channel to feature a transgender cha... 9 min Liberal 40
Pro Islamic indocrination at American schools 13 min Pope Che Reagan C... 14
BROKEN ARROW! This is Not a drill! 17 min BizzyBee II 7
BizzyBee HAS LEFT THIS FORUM…..FOR GOOD! 24 min BizzyBee II 33
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 54 min Pope Che Reagan C... 6,189
Hooters Columbus locations closing due to defla... 1 hr Big Johnson 173
When Obama gets to Heaven will he be a Muslim o... 1 hr Duke for Mayor 89
Armenian Genocide controversy 1 hr Duke for Mayor 42
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]