Food for Thought About Drug Addiction

Posted in the Columbus Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

#1 Sep 17, 2013
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/17/science/the...

If someone you know or love has the disease, here's something to think about, even if you're married to them.

woof

“Keep your policy period. LMAO”

Since: Sep 13

The 57th state

#2 Sep 17, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09 /17/science/the-rational-choic es-of-crack-addicts.html?_r=0
If someone you know or love has the disease, here's something to think about, even if you're married to them.
woof
Legalize / decriminalize / tax it and end of problem.

Easy huh dukie.
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

#3 Sep 17, 2013
what_me_worry_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Legalize / decriminalize / tax it and end of problem.
Easy huh dukie.
Uhhhh, no. Lung cancer still exists despite the fact that I can walk down the street and pick up smokes.

woof

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#4 Sep 17, 2013
Legalize, decriminalize. Hell, isn't that the idea behind tobacco and alcohol?

It doesn't prevent disease. But it sure as hell does increase revenue and hopefully keeps it away from kids now doesn't it?

All addictions have both a physical and a mental component. And they are difficult to treat, and the patient has to take complete and total responsibility and own his addiction before he/she is going to be "cured." The pathology they are referring to is on the 100% of patients who probably have been treated/tested/incarcerated. I have no clue what they mean that “Eighty to 90 percent of people are not negatively affected by drugs." Bullshit. Long-term chronic regular use of any drug, whether legal or illegal, does impact one physically at minimum. 100% of drug addicts are attempting to dull the mental pain of their lives or avoid the pain.

“Keep your policy period. LMAO”

Since: Sep 13

The 57th state

#5 Sep 17, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhhhh, no. Lung cancer still exists despite the fact that I can walk down the street and pick up smokes.
woof
What?????????

Come on dude you can do better than that.

How about we empty our prisons of non violent drug offenders and let them sit around enjoying their Jones from a state store instead of robbing a citizen to get well?

Ray Charles was a functional junky till the day he died. But then he could afford it and doctors supported it..........

Lung cancer????? When did you become the mommy of the world?
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

#6 Sep 17, 2013
what_me_worry_ wrote:
<quoted text>
What?????????
Come on dude you can do better than that.
How about we empty our prisons of non violent drug offenders and let them sit around enjoying their Jones from a state store instead of robbing a citizen to get well?
Ray Charles was a functional junky till the day he died. But then he could afford it and doctors supported it..........
Lung cancer????? When did you become the mommy of the world?
I merely pointed out that legalizing any particular addictive drug, be it alcohol, tobacco, crack, or any other, doesn't eradicate the underlying disease, just as with cancer.

The rest is your nonsense.

woof

“Keep your policy period. LMAO”

Since: Sep 13

The 57th state

#7 Sep 17, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
I merely pointed out that legalizing any particular addictive drug, be it alcohol, tobacco, crack, or any other, doesn't eradicate the underlying disease, just as with cancer.
The rest is your nonsense.
woof
Well then despite the obvious fact that folks who do drugs will continue to do drugs I guess you want to incarcerate them.

The demographic of folks doing time for their addiction is what you well know.

Funny, I thought you were a compassionate lib.

Guess you and Nancy Reagan have a lot in common.

Cancer vs 20 years....you tell me dude......

Since: Jun 13

Hilliard, OH

#8 Sep 17, 2013
Where's Kosmik? We need an expert to weigh in.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#9 Sep 17, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
Where's Kosmik? We need an expert to weigh in.
LMAO. He just pinged you on another thread. I'll have to find it. He's been fishing, camping, and getting some. I don't know what that "some" means--crack, weed,????

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#10 Sep 17, 2013
here ya go:

Koz's visit today:

http://www.topix.com/forum/columbus/TR28R1TLS...
son of hey now

Columbus, OH

#11 Sep 17, 2013
Figures Duke is one of those sniveling hand-wringers that believe addiction is a disease. Oh boo hoo for the powerless blob of meat that is assailed by conniving powers beyond him that seek to enslave the hapless in a trap of disease and suffering.

What do sober people do? They CHOOSE not to use. What do smart people do when using? They CHOOSE to moderate.

Hey Puke, can you snivel your way through the first step? Can you cry through its inherent conflict? Do us a favor and take your pedestrian garbage and keep it in Akron.

Since: Jun 13

Hilliard, OH

#12 Sep 17, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO. He just pinged you on another thread. I'll have to find it. He's been fishing, camping, and getting some. I don't know what that "some" means--crack, weed,????
LOL...I saw. "Some" means therapy.

Since: Jun 13

Hilliard, OH

#13 Sep 17, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
here ya go:
Koz's visit today:
http://www.topix.com/forum/columbus/TR28R1TLS...
I think he went "camping" with Walt. That post bears a striking resemblance to ones made from the Scioto County jail.

“Cats rule.”

Since: Dec 09

Chardon Ohio.

#14 Sep 17, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09 /17/science/the-rational-choic es-of-crack-addicts.html?_r=0
If someone you know or love has the disease, here's something to think about, even if you're married to them.
woof
Have you ever smoked crack.Be honest.

Since: Jun 13

Hilliard, OH

#15 Sep 17, 2013
Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever smoked crack.Be honest.
His wife's...that's why she left him, not even taking the kid.

“Cats rule.”

Since: Dec 09

Chardon Ohio.

#16 Sep 17, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>His wife's...that's why she left him, not even taking the kid.
Thanks buddy.

“Keep your policy period. LMAO”

Since: Sep 13

The 57th state

#17 Sep 17, 2013
Where's dukie?

Not willing to concede his beliefs have a propensity to put his beloved minorities behind bars?

Funny how the admitted cocaine user Obama has allowed
the fed to jail folks that could be described as "if he had a son" for extended stays in prison at taxpayer expense.

Oh the humanity.........

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#19 Sep 17, 2013
Spooktackular kcus sllotr wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never been in favor of locking up drug users. I prefer to execute them
Ask the leaders in Singapore what they do with them!

“Keep your policy period. LMAO”

Since: Sep 13

The 57th state

#20 Sep 17, 2013
Spooktackular kcus sllotr wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never been in favor of locking up drug users. I prefer to execute them
I prefer to let folks do whatever the hell they want as long as it does not impact me or others. Over eighteen hoes, drugs whatever.

Incarceration just costs me tax dollars.

Realistically execution is not currently possible.

“Keep your policy period. LMAO”

Since: Sep 13

The 57th state

#21 Sep 17, 2013
^^^ except in Singapore^^^^^^

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hey pale rider 7 min They cannot kill ... 38
New bus line targets New Albany commuters 10 min They cannot kill ... 6
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 18 min They cannot kill ... 31,176
Pet and animal reports 36 min They cannot kill ... 40
Trees nut fruit shade and timber 57 min They cannot kill ... 14
PRESIDENT OBAMA weighs in on NFL SCANDALS 1 hr Free Pizza 4 U 10
OSU campus neighbors have history of their own ... (Apr '10) 4 hr Gwen 7
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••