Parole board to hear of killer's ster...

Parole board to hear of killer's steroid use

There are 35 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Dec 16, 2007, titled Parole board to hear of killer's steroid use. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

An attorney for Mark Headley will tell the Ohio Parole Board that his client was taking steroids when he killed Sandy Burger 25 years ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Spare me Mr Headley

Cleveland, OH

#23 Dec 17, 2007
Also, if it was just shakes, then he really wasn't taking the higher end steroids, which really tells me he is just looking for an excuse, well....go shopping elsewhere because we are all out !
sexyback

United States

#24 Dec 17, 2007
why is this guy even up for parole? To my understanding he not only beat this woman to death, he tortured her. and the attorney, my gosh he need to be locked up with this maniac. bottom line, this guy needs to rot. he had no mercy for this poor woman, why should he be spared. murders kill me playing the victim all the time. and 25 years is not long enough.
The Voice of Reason

Akron, OH

#25 Dec 17, 2007
Let's listen to his attorney closely. How long does he have to pay? Well how long did this young girl pay? She got a death sentence from this animal of a human being. If he can bring her back to life I say let him go. If he can't he should sit in a jail cell and die there thinking about the sick human being he is. I went out of my way to go down to the Barberton local paper and sign that petition.
Scott

Youngstown, OH

#26 Dec 17, 2007
ohio wrote:
HIS FATHER WAS A STATE REPRESENITIVE AND HE WAS AND IS GREAT HONEST MAN. HIS MOTHER PASSED. HIS FATHER STILL ALIVE AND SERVED THE PUBLIC ALL HIS LIFE. MARK WAS A WEIGHT LIFTER AND I WAS ALSO. WE DRANK MILK SHAKES WITH STEROIDS IN THEM.WE DID NOT KNOW WHAT THEY WERE AS WE DO NOW. NO EXCUSE FOR WHAT HAPPENED THEN. RUMORS RAN RAPANT THEN.HE ADMITTED WHAT HE DID AND HE HAS SPENT OVER HALF HIS LIFE IN PRISON. HE HAS PAID HIS DUE. IN A MONENT AF EXTREME ANGER HE KILLED HIS GIRLFRIEND. HE DID NOT KNOW WHAT HE WAS DOEING.DID STEROIDS CAUSE THIS? MAYBE. HE WAS A GOOD STUDENT AT NORTON HIGH AND THIS WAS OUT OF HIS NORMAL LIFE STYLE. WERE PEOPLE AFRAID OF HIM? YES. BECAUSE HE WAS A BIG MAN AS ALOT OF US WERE. BOTTOM LINE YOU WERE NOT THERE AND DID NOT KNOW HIM. THE PAROLE BOARD DID THEIR JOB. HER FAMILY IS STILL BITTER AND UNDERSTANDABLE. YOU NEVER GET OVER A LOSS OF A LOVED ONE, NO MATTER HOW THEY DIED. WAS I AN ANGY MAN? VERY MUCH SO, FIGHTING DRINKING AND UNTILL I QUIT THE DRUGS I STAYED THAY WAY. HOWEVER I DID NOT KNOW THAT MY PROBLEM WAS IN THE BULK SHAKES.
he took another human beings life with his own hands, he will never be able to"pay" that debt. NEVER!
Akron

Cleveland, OH

#27 Dec 17, 2007
ohio wrote:
HIS FATHER WAS A STATE REPRESENITIVE AND HE WAS AND IS GREAT HONEST MAN. HIS MOTHER PASSED. HIS FATHER STILL ALIVE AND SERVED THE PUBLIC ALL HIS LIFE. MARK WAS A WEIGHT LIFTER AND I WAS ALSO. WE DRANK MILK SHAKES WITH STEROIDS IN THEM.WE DID NOT KNOW WHAT THEY WERE AS WE DO NOW. NO EXCUSE FOR WHAT HAPPENED THEN. RUMORS RAN RAPANT THEN.HE ADMITTED WHAT HE DID AND HE HAS SPENT OVER HALF HIS LIFE IN PRISON. HE HAS PAID HIS DUE. IN A MONENT AF EXTREME ANGER HE KILLED HIS GIRLFRIEND. HE DID NOT KNOW WHAT HE WAS DOEING.DID STEROIDS CAUSE THIS? MAYBE. HE WAS A GOOD STUDENT AT NORTON HIGH AND THIS WAS OUT OF HIS NORMAL LIFE STYLE. WERE PEOPLE AFRAID OF HIM? YES. BECAUSE HE WAS A BIG MAN AS ALOT OF US WERE. BOTTOM LINE YOU WERE NOT THERE AND DID NOT KNOW HIM. THE PAROLE BOARD DID THEIR JOB. HER FAMILY IS STILL BITTER AND UNDERSTANDABLE. YOU NEVER GET OVER A LOSS OF A LOVED ONE, NO MATTER HOW THEY DIED. WAS I AN ANGY MAN? VERY MUCH SO, FIGHTING DRINKING AND UNTILL I QUIT THE DRUGS I STAYED THAY WAY. HOWEVER I DID NOT KNOW THAT MY PROBLEM WAS IN THE BULK SHAKES.
His problem is deeper then a bulk shake. Nice try.
concerned

Cranford, NJ

#28 Dec 19, 2007
Good luck to everyone who is attending the hearing. We are with you in spirit. Keep your strength and remember, that either way, you've had your say. The Parole Board will live with the consequences of their actions.
concerned

Cranford, NJ

#29 Dec 19, 2007
Please, someone post as soon as there's an idea how the hearing went. Does anyone know how soon the board will make their decision?
JBC

Akron, OH

#30 Dec 19, 2007
They granted his release
Martha

Cleveland, OH

#31 Dec 19, 2007
Cindy wrote:
I agree. The parole board should take a good look at this man's case. This man has shown good behavior for only 2 years, out of 25. Something is fishy. But whether the parole is granted or not, will not bring back the victim.
I don't think the Beacon had the 2 of 25 thing right.
Martha

Cleveland, OH

#32 Dec 19, 2007
AGE IS NO EXCUSE wrote:
<quoted text>...
and she couldn't have called 911 after witnessing the dragging back to the house? NO EXCUSE!
Or maybe that's not really the way it happened
concerned

Cranford, NJ

#33 Dec 19, 2007
God help them
I Agree

Niles, OH

#34 Dec 19, 2007
sexyback wrote:
why is this guy even up for parole? To my understanding he not only beat this woman to death, he tortured her. and the attorney, my gosh he need to be locked up with this maniac. bottom line, this guy needs to rot. he had no mercy for this poor woman, why should he be spared. murders kill me playing the victim all the time. and 25 years is not long enough.
I totally agree and I must add....To the families of his "future" victim(s) after he is released next year, demand the death penalty and sue all that permitted his release from prison for they knew his track record and they still set him free...free to kill again.
bill

Brunswick, OH

#35 Dec 19, 2007
keep him in jail till hes dead
ohio

Cleveland, OH

#36 Jun 5, 2013
i think they should of let him rot in his cage, and i'm family of his
Alfred E Newman

Barberton, OH

#37 Oct 14, 2013
I am sorry that he put his family through this ordeal. I have known his family for over fifty years and feel sorry that they have to deal with this poor excuse for a human being. If he comes back to Ohio several people will be waiting for him. Good luck buddy!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should the GOP cut its loses? 15 min Duke for Mayor 797
Trump the Liar 1 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 885
News Hillary Clinton tops Donald Trump in battlegrou... 1 hr Big Johnson 197
Donald Trump Communists 1 hr Pale Rider 15
Does Wikipedia think I drink $3 coffees? 1 hr Reality Speaks 6
Trump celebrates National Waffle Day 1 hr Reality Speaks 8
Trump's accusations are unfounded and reflects ... 1 hr Reality Speaks 2
Powell advised Hillary.. 4 hr d pants 101
Joke time. =~} 5 hr Posting as myself 59

Columbus Jobs