Parole board to hear of killer's ster...

Parole board to hear of killer's steroid use

There are 35 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Dec 16, 2007, titled Parole board to hear of killer's steroid use. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

An attorney for Mark Headley will tell the Ohio Parole Board that his client was taking steroids when he killed Sandy Burger 25 years ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Cloverine Fleetwood

Loudonville, OH

#1 Dec 16, 2007
Since Mr. Headley is now doing well in prison, he as found his niche.
DLJ

Avon Lake, OH

#2 Dec 17, 2007
One mistake (not executing him) can't be fixed by the bigger mistake of releasing him.
IMHO, of course.
Spare me Mr Headley

Cleveland, OH

#3 Dec 17, 2007
I was once a heavy steroid user and I understand exactly what Mr Wilford is saying, but I also knew that I was responsible for my actions. Steroid use cost me my first marriage, not because I was physical with her, but because I was unable to co exist with anyone during that time. I knew I had to get off those drugs. Everyone that was ever a steroid user will tell you that you fully understand what you are feeling while taking them and you can choose to do something about it. The only thing that doesn't stop you is your ego. I say Headley got his break when he didn't get the needle. Stay in jail where you truly belong Headley, you had a chance to make the right choice and didn't make it !
Constance

Hudson, OH

#4 Dec 17, 2007
"An attorney for Mark Headley will tell the Ohio Parole Board that his client was taking steroids when he killed Sandy Burger 25 years ago."

So?
Neighbor is a JERK

Naples, FL

#5 Dec 17, 2007
Let me get this straight...the neighbor saw Headley chase her down outside and DRAG her back to the house...and no 911 call...and NO TESTIFYING?????? The neighbor is a poor excuse for a human being.
Cookin in Brooklin

Akron, OH

#6 Dec 17, 2007
I dont believe a murder should ever be let go. I've been on steriods for the last year (Doctor perscribed for a lung condition) and I haven't killed anyone. That's the dumbest excuse I've ever heard. They let jerks like that go because the prisions are full. They should bring back the death penalty instead. Murders and pedophiles should never be let go.
Spirit of Reagan

Redwood City, CA

#7 Dec 17, 2007
Put an asterisk by his record.
Neighbor is a JERK

Naples, FL

#8 Dec 17, 2007
The neighbor (who did nothing while being an eyewitness) should be charged for being a poor excuse for a human being. Do we have a "Good Samaritan Law", like how the four on Seinfeld got charged in the last episode?
concerned

Cranford, NJ

#9 Dec 17, 2007
The Parole Board needs to think long and hard about setting this guy free. His string of victims is done, unless he's free to strike again.
Cindy

Cleveland, OH

#10 Dec 17, 2007
I agree. The parole board should take a good look at this man's case. This man has shown good behavior for only 2 years, out of 25. Something is fishy. But whether the parole is granted or not, will not bring back the victim.
Jennifer

AOL

#11 Dec 17, 2007
Neighbor is a JERK wrote:
Let me get this straight...the neighbor saw Headley chase her down outside and DRAG her back to the house...and no 911 call...and NO TESTIFYING?????? The neighbor is a poor excuse for a human being.
Like everyone else Headley came in contact with, she was and still is terrified of him and his famly. She is a 90 yr. old woman who had to live near this monster for many yrs. I am sure she struggles with her decision everyday. I knew this woman and she is a kind person. Lets not attack the victims of this monster without the facts!
AGE IS NO EXCUSE

Naples, FL

#12 Dec 17, 2007
Jennifer wrote:
<quoted text>
Like everyone else Headley came in contact with, she was and still is terrified of him and his famly. She is a 90 yr. old woman who had to live near this monster for many yrs. I am sure she struggles with her decision everyday. I knew this woman and she is a kind person. Lets not attack the victims of this monster without the facts!
and she couldn't have called 911 after witnessing the dragging back to the house? NO EXCUSE!

Since: Mar 07

Tulsa, OK

#13 Dec 17, 2007
Hmmm, it appears Mr. Headly's record speaks for itself. There is no excuse for murder.

Mebbe we can send him some Xylophone mallets and he can tap out jinglebells on his cell bars.
ohio

AOL

#14 Dec 17, 2007
HIS FATHER WAS A STATE REPRESENITIVE AND HE WAS AND IS GREAT HONEST MAN. HIS MOTHER PASSED. HIS FATHER STILL ALIVE AND SERVED THE PUBLIC ALL HIS LIFE. MARK WAS A WEIGHT LIFTER AND I WAS ALSO. WE DRANK MILK SHAKES WITH STEROIDS IN THEM.WE DID NOT KNOW WHAT THEY WERE AS WE DO NOW. NO EXCUSE FOR WHAT HAPPENED THEN. RUMORS RAN RAPANT THEN.HE ADMITTED WHAT HE DID AND HE HAS SPENT OVER HALF HIS LIFE IN PRISON. HE HAS PAID HIS DUE. IN A MONENT AF EXTREME ANGER HE KILLED HIS GIRLFRIEND. HE DID NOT KNOW WHAT HE WAS DOEING.DID STEROIDS CAUSE THIS? MAYBE. HE WAS A GOOD STUDENT AT NORTON HIGH AND THIS WAS OUT OF HIS NORMAL LIFE STYLE. WERE PEOPLE AFRAID OF HIM? YES. BECAUSE HE WAS A BIG MAN AS ALOT OF US WERE. BOTTOM LINE YOU WERE NOT THERE AND DID NOT KNOW HIM. THE PAROLE BOARD DID THEIR JOB. HER FAMILY IS STILL BITTER AND UNDERSTANDABLE. YOU NEVER GET OVER A LOSS OF A LOVED ONE, NO MATTER HOW THEY DIED. WAS I AN ANGY MAN? VERY MUCH SO, FIGHTING DRINKING AND UNTILL I QUIT THE DRUGS I STAYED THAY WAY. HOWEVER I DID NOT KNOW THAT MY PROBLEM WAS IN THE BULK SHAKES.
Jaybird

Punta Gorda, FL

#15 Dec 17, 2007
Let's see....Here's a convicted MURDERER who has been such a problem in prison that he was transferred 15 times. He's involved in gangs, drugs and weapons in prison. Lately he reads the Bible, and so he and his attorney think he will go straight and get a job and be a good member of society if released on parole. Give me a break.....no lawyer can be that STUPID. Nah...I take that back.
ohio homer

Saint Louis, MO

#16 Dec 17, 2007
....HE HAS PAID HIS DUE.
Are you serious?!

You may let him walk out of prison when the lady walk out from her prison; fair enough?
concerned

Cranford, NJ

#18 Dec 17, 2007
right on, ScottyBoy... you hit the nail on the head
FAMILY OF SANDY BURGER

Akron, OH

#20 Dec 17, 2007
There is not an excuse in the world for taking a life, You must be accountable for your actions at all times no excuses.
Thank you for your support to keep in in jail.
Fed Up

Canton, OH

#21 Dec 17, 2007
Oh sure. Lets make excueses for the brainless people we put in prison.

1 they grew up poor
2 mom didnt love him
3 kids picked on him
4 he didnt know his father
5 he was drinking
6 he was on drugs
7 he was with the wrong crowd
8 he just broke up with a girl friend
9 he didnt have a job
10 he had mental problems
11 a voice in his head told him to...
12 he seen it done on TV
13 it was the music he listened to
I better stop. But, you get the picture.
Spare me Mr Headley

Cleveland, OH

#22 Dec 17, 2007
Ohio, you are truly a idiot ! If you were drinking the same shakes and didn't kill anyone than how can you say it was the shakes. This guy is a criminal of the worst kind. He has laft a wake of destruction and you want us to try and understand. You have lost your mind as well ! All this story tells me is that this jerk shaped up for the last two years so he can get out, nothing else. He should rot right where he is !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Men in the Girls Bathroom 21 min d pants 371
Drumpf: Narcissistic Welfare King 32 min d pants 18
Democraps....the party of rape 1 hr Dr Gerald Demal 9
Federal lands in America 1 hr d pants 128
News Couple devoted to foster kids (Apr '08) 1 hr Patricia 3
News Big Lots makes big splash with first quarter ea... 3 hr They cannot kill ... 2
News 23-member panel to propose levy amount for Colu... 3 hr They cannot kill ... 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages