Five Marks of a Dying Culture

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#21 Mar 10, 2014
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I did not write that. I've never seen it before.
But can you steer me to where I can find more of it, please?

It sounds a bit silly, but I'm getting bored of garden variety stupid. I'm looking for something a bit more extreme. I think more by the same writer or publication group could be just what I need.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Painesville, OH

#22 Mar 10, 2014
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
After research, I posted an apology to duke, which he graciously accepted. I'm pretty sure he doesn't want you speaking for him.
An expert such as yourself should have known without research. That's basic tax.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Painesville, OH

#23 Mar 10, 2014
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I did not write that. I've never seen it before.
Never seen it before? You posted it. Carumba.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#24 Mar 10, 2014
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
M O R O N I C
C O M I C

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#25 Mar 10, 2014
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
C O M I C
M I C R O S C O P I C

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#26 Mar 10, 2014
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
But can you steer me to where I can find more of it, please?
It sounds a bit silly, but I'm getting bored of garden variety stupid. I'm looking for something a bit more extreme.
M I R R O R
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#27 Mar 10, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
M I C R O S C O P I C
M Y O P I C

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#28 Mar 10, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>Never seen it before? You posted it. Carumba.
Her question was,'did you write this?' Answer: No, Liz Trotta did, as I clearly posted.

Had I ever seen the chopped up, one word mess Tran posted? No. Run along, che. In front of a bus, if possible.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#29 Mar 10, 2014
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Her question was,'did you write this?' Answer: No, Liz Trotta did, as I clearly posted.
Had I ever seen the chopped up, one word mess Tran posted? No. Run along, che. In front of a bus, if possible.
You wrote that you had never seen it before. Let's not let this degenerate into another one of your lying episodes, Ann.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#30 Mar 10, 2014
<quoted text>What's that? Not declaring their "subsities" as income?
Why should they? Those who receive food, medical, or housing subsidies don't.

Location hidden

#31 Mar 10, 2014
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should they? Those who receive food, medical, or housing subsidies don't.
That would be why I MIGHT favor a VAT v Income tax. Everyone would have to pay it, unless they passed a law to omit EBT and cash assistance cards from it, which they probably would, so forget it.

We're stuck paying for the sluggards.

Planet Earth

#32 Mar 10, 2014
the thing that gets me is why the value of one of those programs doesn't count as "income" when they apply for a second program?

In other words, someone who EARNS $1100 a month and doesn't get a housing subsidy qualifies for fewer food stamps that someone who gets $700 a month from SSI plus a $400 a month housing voucher.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#33 Mar 11, 2014
TonyD2 wrote:
the thing that gets me is why the value of one of those programs doesn't count as "income" when they apply for a second program?
In other words, someone who EARNS $1100 a month and doesn't get a housing subsidy qualifies for fewer food stamps that someone who gets $700 a month from SSI plus a $400 a month housing voucher.
The thing that gets me is that the distribution of wealth in this country is more drastic than anytime in history, with more wealth being held by fewer people than ever before, and you want to blame all of the country's problems on the very poor.

Location hidden

#34 Mar 11, 2014
TonyD2 wrote:
I agree, and quickly add that I don't know very much about how entitlements are qualified for.

I do not consider SS for senior citizens an entitlement. They would not receive it if they had not worked and they and their employer paid into it, and it is based upon their lifetime earnings. Also, it is taxed as income even though it was taxed when earned. That smacks of double taxation to me, as does estate tax.

Also Medicare for senior citizens, they and their employer paid in for the whole of their working career, yet, they pay a monthly health care premium, deducted from their SS while anyone receiving medicaid, who may have never worked, does not pay a penny for their health care and zero income tax on the entitlements they receive.

Of course this system is bound to collapse at some point. But beyond the financial impossibiity of the current system are the ideals and lessons we are instilling in citizens. Everything is free, pay no taxes and do not work. And every year the government will reward you with a fat EIC credit so you can go buy a big screen TV or drugs.

Very, very dangerous.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#35 Mar 11, 2014
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, and quickly add that I don't know very much about how entitlements are qualified for.
I do not consider SS for senior citizens an entitlement. They would not receive it if they had not worked and they and their employer paid into it, and it is based upon their lifetime earnings. Also, it is taxed as income even though it was taxed when earned. That smacks of double taxation to me, as does estate tax.
Also Medicare for senior citizens, they and their employer paid in for the whole of their working career, yet, they pay a monthly health care premium, deducted from their SS while anyone receiving medicaid, who may have never worked, does not pay a penny for their health care and zero income tax on the entitlements they receive.
Of course this system is bound to collapse at some point. But beyond the financial impossibiity of the current system are the ideals and lessons we are instilling in citizens. Everything is free, pay no taxes and do not work. And every year the government will reward you with a fat EIC credit so you can go buy a big screen TV or drugs.
Very, very dangerous.
You've never prepared a tax return in your life.

Planet Earth

#36 Mar 11, 2014
<quoted text>
The thing that gets me is that the distribution of wealth in this country is more drastic than anytime in history, with more wealth being held by fewer people than ever before, and you want to blame all of the country's problems on the very poor.
No, I'm blaming it on the government that has a vested interest in keeping as many people down as possible, and those people who are complicit in that goal.

Planet Earth

#37 Mar 11, 2014
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not consider SS for senior citizens an entitlement.
I was talking about SSI, not Social Security... two different programs. SSI is for the "disabled" who haven't worked long enough to get Social Security Disability (indeed, many newborns get SSI). The problem with SSI is that it is relatively easy to game the system. Claim indeterminate back pain, or depression, chronic alcoholism, or drug use, and you'll most likely get it.
[QUOTE] They would not receive it if they had not worked and they and their employer paid into it, and it is based upon their lifetime earnings. Also, it is taxed as income even though it was taxed when earned.
SSI isn't.
That smacks of double taxation to me, as does estate tax.
Very, very dangerous.
Agreed. The number of people who have no concept of the value of earning something is increasing to dangerous levels. Eventually, we're going to run out of "other peoples' money"..

Planet Earth

#38 Mar 11, 2014
Indeed, there is a whole industry of lawyers who teach you what to say and how to say it to increase your chances of being accepted into the program. Of course, they get a cut of your back pay...

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#39 Mar 11, 2014
God. No.
Ziggy

Thornville, OH

#40 Mar 11, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
Serious is 100% correct. Need a tax revolt....
woof
Agree!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
America Held Hostage Day 39 51 min d pants 13
Demonic activity at Trump Rally 1 hr HAHAHA 131
Racist? 1 hr Not here not ever 8
Donald Trump and the News 1 hr Big Johnson 37
Finally...a parallel universe for the trolls.. 2 hr BizzyBee 32
The Best Thing George W. Bush Has Done 2 hr Not here not ever 3
Fake Fox Sweeden News 3 hr Not here not ever 8
Who is the Biggest Liar? 4 hr jonjedi 194

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web