Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
Assuming someone "silver spooners".
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#889 Feb 23, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Che...for the tenth time, you've been caught. Your narrow cerebral passages refused to even consider that the woman we're talking about could be an educated professional. I could show you any number of women who fit that description...35-50 years old, post secondary educations, two or three kids, divorced. They're nurses, technicians, admin assistants and lower management. I see them at work. My wife sees them at her job. They do everything they can for their kids and they scrape by on $45-$60k per year.
If you have kids, you're dumb as a post if you think raising two of them alone on $60k isn't a struggle.
You are having an entire argument in your own head. I never said any of the things you are attributing to me. The whole discussion was about low income people and their hockey clubs. You decided to define low income as $60K a year. I pointed out that a "low income" person would have to work 4 minimum wage jobs to get to that threshold. I never said there weren't other ways to earn $60k. The point was, and is, that $15K with kids is a struggle.$60K with kids is average. You have really lost your mind.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#890 Feb 23, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know what you're talking about. But the envy is noted.
Don't flatter yourself darling.

And you've laid out your entire life here. You haven't had to struggle a day in your life.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#891 Feb 23, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are having an entire argument in your own head. I never said any of the things you are attributing to me. The whole discussion was about low income people and their hockey clubs. You decided to define low income as $60K a year. I pointed out that a "low income" person would have to work 4 minimum wage jobs to get to that threshold. I never said there weren't other ways to earn $60k. The point was, and is, that $15K with kids is a struggle.$60K with kids is average. You have really lost your mind.
The study in Michigan defined low income as $60k.
I'm pointing out that you automatically went to the scenario of a multiple job minimum wage earner.
$60k alone with kids and working is a struggle in at least half the country.
Facts are difficult things for lefties to accept.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#892 Feb 23, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
You start out at minimum wage. We all did. You move up from there. If you don't, it's your fault. Whiney hiney.
Or you work two jobs. There's always a way to catch a dream if you're determined and have a work ethic.
Spookhere F trolls

Toledo, OH

#893 Feb 23, 2013
And I say if you can't afford kids don't have them. 60k or 600 I didn't knock up their mothers so the kids are not my problem.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#894 Feb 23, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Assuming someone "silver spooners".
She's told her silver spoon stories ad nauseum. No assumptions necessary.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#895 Feb 23, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Or you work two jobs. There's always a way to catch a dream if you're determined and have a work ethic.
Oh, I always worked two jobs most of the time. AND did free lance accounting. Paid off.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#896 Feb 23, 2013
<quoted text>The study in Michigan defined low income as $60k.
I'm pointing out that you automatically went to the scenario of a multiple job minimum wage earner.
And that makes that study worthless. 2012 median household income was $50K. So your "low income" single parent is doing better than average. What was that about facts?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#897 Feb 23, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't flatter yourself darling.
And you've laid out your entire life here. You haven't had to struggle a day in your life.
Oh, not all of my life. Where did I attend college? How many siblings do I have? Are they all living? If so, in what states do they reside? What's my favorite color?

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#898 Feb 23, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I always worked two jobs most of the time. AND did free lance accounting. Paid off.
Weird. I always thought folks who did freelance work would know that it is one word.

I've generally been able to legibly write all of my professions. Might just be an odd quirk of mine, though!
Spookhere F trolls

Toledo, OH

#899 Feb 23, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
Weird. I always thought folks who did freelance work would know that it is one word.
I've generally been able to legibly write all of my professions. Might just be an odd quirk of mine, though!
Why do you care? You decided to leave the USA for green teeth land. Now go stand in line for some service paid for with money stolen by the government.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#900 Feb 23, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
And that makes that study worthless. 2012 median household income was $50K. So your "low income" single parent is doing better than average. What was that about facts?
And included in that median are the low end welfare recipients and single people without children.
Now, if you can ever drag yourself out of Ohio and take a look at what it costs to live in the Northeast and West Coast, you might see how ridiculous you sound.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#901 Feb 23, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
Never a typo in your life, huh? Not even an inadvertent tap of the space bar as I saw in SL's post?
VADoc

Groveport, OH

#902 Feb 23, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Bravo! Now that's what being pro-choice should be about!
As has been posted before there are several factors that have been proven to place folks into the middle class. Education and delaying kids and debt are among those.

Our country has a big issue with entitlement and instant gratification. It's across all races too. That's why we are so in debt.
VADoc

Groveport, OH

#903 Feb 23, 2013
Spookhere F trolls wrote:
<quoted text>
They also use powdered.baby formula. Crack heads are not just black I have seen ones that are as white.as snow go rock climbing. Knew a guy that was a concrete finisher couldn't pay him a.penny until job was done or.he would be.off smoking.crack until he.ran out of money.
Laxatives are used a lot too. We used to have the running joke that you could tell a crack head by their stool in the ER
Wait what

Columbus, OH

#904 Feb 23, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you very young? Because I just plugged in a $60K income for a family of 3 for a program for free or low cost medical care, and qualified - including specialties. You might be surprised at what's out there for "average" income families which are now considered low-income, which is why you can make over 6 figures with enough kids and qualify for subsidies under the health exchanges beginning in 2014. Plus, there will be no means testing for Medicaid in 2014 under the reform. The definition of low income has changed, so you'd best get with the program.
Wait what

Columbus, OH

#905 Feb 23, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
She's told her silver spoon stories ad nauseum. No assumptions necessary.
So don't read her posts, or go hang out somewhere else.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#906 Feb 23, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you very young? Because I just plugged in a $60K income for a family of 3 for a program for free or low cost medical care, and qualified - including specialties. You might be surprised at what's out there for "average" income families which are now considered low-income, which is why you can make over 6 figures with enough kids and qualify for subsidies under the health exchanges beginning in 2014. Plus, there will be no means testing for Medicaid in 2014 under the reform. The definition of low income has changed, so you'd best get with the program.
If a "low income" person makes more than the average, what the Hell do you call people making minimum wage?

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#907 Feb 23, 2013
<quoted text>The study in Michigan defined low income as $60k.
A person with kids on minimum wage with all government aid programs, will have more disposable income than someone making 60K.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Religion in our schools..... 15 min They cannot kill ... 198
News Columbus to miss revenue projection, Auditor Hu... 17 min They cannot kill ... 2
TRUMP is the person of the YEAR!!!!!!!! 18 min The Truth 4
$125 BILLION Pentagon waste.. 45 min UTrashy 10
News America needs security, not the appearance thereof 45 min GrowUp 5
Trump does more NOT being President than Obama ... 54 min Duke for Mayor 5
Carson appointed to cabinet 55 min Duke for Mayor 30
Donald trying to save US $4billion already 56 min Elerby 101
OMG! Trump scores $50 Billion for Americans! 5 hr Reality Speaks 50

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages