Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#847 Feb 22, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> bringing dope into California in the 80's.
THERE WAS NO CRACK BEFORE 1980!
What was what they called 'crank?'

Isn't crack a form of cocaine?

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#848 Feb 22, 2013
Kemosahbe wrote:
<quoted text>
You flunked math all through school, didn't you?
This is far crazier than you insisting the Constitution was ratified in 1791.
Paleface, you should join Pale Rider in the Topix Hall of Shame.

You yourself were flat wrong on the year the Constitution was ratified.
Further, as I proved to you, the Constitution [reflecting the Second Amendment, which was the topic of discussion] was not ratified until 1791.

Stow it.

Location hidden

#849 Feb 22, 2013
VADoc wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called a library. It's free. It's open in the summer. Also most folks now have the Internet and a computer no matter how poor.
You know what I did every summer growing up reader? I worked on my grandparents dairy farm milking cows, cutting wood, and bailing hay. When I wasn't working I was reading books.
You act like because someone's parents didn't have something that it's a detriment to every child in that family. My parents couldn't pay to send me to Boy Scout camp each year so I worked jobs all year to pay to go. It can be done it just takes hard work.
My kids will have more opportunities than I had. How do I know? I have far more education than my parents had, my wife has more education than my parents had, and we are not having children until we save more money. That's what responsible people do. Also we will go without to give our kids anything they want or need.
Bravo! Now that's what being pro-choice should be about!

Location hidden

#850 Feb 22, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
then too bad - lifes not fair. There are things my parents couldn't afford that my friends had, etc - and life went on. Get over it, you cant have everything you want just because you want it.
And it made absolutely no difference in your life, did it? This is a society of instant gratification in so many areas.

Nothing I was not allowed to attend, or not allowed to have, made a twit of difference two weeks later. I think the lessons will stay with me forever.
Spookhere F trolls

Detroit, MI

#851 Feb 22, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Crack is a denser form of cocaine. Smoked not snorted. A very effective way to eliminate crack heads is to mix sodium arsenate salts with it. But the US government frowns on that becauase there would be far fewer.democrat voters.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#852 Feb 22, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Further, as I proved to you, the Constitution [reflecting the Second Amendment, which was the topic of discussion] was not ratified until 1791.
Stow it.
Bill of Rights 1791

Constitution ratified in 1788, though Rhode Island didn't ratify until a few years later.

Location hidden

#853 Feb 22, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill of Rights 1791
Constitution ratified in 1788, though Rhode Island didn't ratify until a few years later.
The Bill of Rights is part and parcel of the Constitution, as reflected in its preamble; further, the Constitution as ratified in 1789, before inclusion of the Bill of Rights would have been irrelevant to the topic at hand.

You continue to demonstrate your idiocy.

Location hidden

#854 Feb 22, 2013
NC didn't ratify until 1789 and RI in 1790.

However, all of the individual ratification dates -- ranging from 1787 to 1790 -- predate the existence of our Constitutional right to possess and bear arms.

And I apologize for the idiot comment, but I misread your post as being from Kemosahbe with whom I am tired of rehashing these dates.

Since: Jan 12

New York, NY

#855 Feb 22, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
crack is cocaine mixed with baking soda then cooked in large glass jar (mason jar or Pyrex). It hardens as it cools ...crack! And it wasn't around until the summer of 1982 or 83'. I remember vividly a kid around 16 pulling a 4 inch thick wad of $20 and $50 to buy a bag of chips and a soda.
Spookhere F trolls

Detroit, MI

#856 Feb 22, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> crack is cocaine mixed with baking soda then cooked in large glass jar (mason jar or Pyrex). It hardens as it cools ...crack! And it wasn't around until the summer of 1982 or 83'. I remember vividly a kid around 16 pulling a 4 inch thick wad of $20 and $50 to buy a bag of chips and a soda.
They also use powdered.baby formula. Crack heads are not just black I have seen ones that are as white.as snow go rock climbing. Knew a guy that was a concrete finisher couldn't pay him a.penny until job was done or.he would be.off smoking.crack until he.ran out of money.

Since: Jan 12

Columbus, OH

#857 Feb 22, 2013
Spookhere F trolls wrote:
<quoted text>
They also use powdered.baby formula. Crack heads are not just black I have seen ones that are as white.as snow go rock climbing. Knew a guy that was a concrete finisher couldn't pay him a.penny until job was done or.he would be.off smoking.crack until he.ran out of money.
yep, drug addiction knows no color
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#858 Feb 22, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>u
But there are some things that every kid should have--a secure home, a decent edution, freedom from hunger. The UN some years ago put together a Declaration of the Rights of the Child. You should look at it.
And perhaps you should take a look at the parents in Walmart - so many are obese, slovenly, unclean and reek of cigarette smoke walking around in slippers and some kind of stretch-God-only-knows what that is 10 sizes too tight using the F & N words like they're nothing. Maybe undies, maybe not. And yet you want to argue pay to play fees as being part of that secure home? Furthermore, you want me to help pay for them? Give me a BREAK.

What is so bizarre to me is while you push worrying about pay to play fees, the healthcare reform that you so desperately wanted will not allow families to earn extra income to pay for such fees if they are receiving subsidies. Well, they can earn the extra income but they have to pay back their subsidies come April 15th. Do you expect other people - you know, the ones in the 'burbs who you despise - to pay for that kind of stuff so they don't lose their tax credits? Oh, never mind - I already know the answer.

Truly you live in an alternate universe.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#859 Feb 22, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Assuming that they are able to obtain those things that their parents did not have.
One problem is that NOT having those things as a child is something of a handicapping condition in a competitive society.
Educators talk about summer learning loss in low-income populations. What actually happens is not that low-income kids lose knowledge over the summer, but that their more-well-resourced peers tend to gain. They are more likely to spend their summers in ways that challenge their intellect, expand their horizons and reinforce what they have learned.
OMG - SO TIRED OF THIS BS.

Let me give you an example. My grandparents were barely literate. Given that kind of environment, wouldn't you say my spelling is pretty decent? Why yes, it is! Why is that, you say? It's because as a child I knew I wanted better and so I read. That's right, I READ. I read everything I could get my hands on and still do to this day. I will read the back of a box if that's all there is. You can teach yourself pretty much anything if you choose. If I needed help, I asked the librarian. I lost NOTHING over the summers.

And personally, I have lost a lot of respect for educators which saddens me because traditionally I have been a supporter of public education. So if today's educators are stating something - without encouraging children to think, imagine, create and dream - well, frankly, I don't have much respect. Leave children to their own devices and you might be surprised. Force them into learning and, well, they won't know how to learn on their own.

I am no exception, Reader, and I made enough mistakes that I'm not certain I'm an example. But it's not rare, and it's very real. You do not need to have what the Jones' have to get ahead in this world. Unless, of course, you're not a spiritual person and believe everyone should have the same material goods. I believe God says he will supply your needs, and I don't think water polo or synchronized swimming (as one of the posters in the comments from the article wrote about) counts.
Adif understanding

United States

#860 Feb 22, 2013
-tip- wrote:
ranging from 1787 to 1790 -- predate the existence of our Constitutional right to possess and bear arms.
Not really, most all the original state constitutions had a provision regarding the right to keep and bear arms within their state constitutions. It was originally argued that the bill of rights and items in them like the second amendment was not needed because the federal constitution had no provisions to allow the federal government to infringe upon those areas.

Maryland, New York and New Jersey seem to be the only three states that did not have a specific right to keep and bear arms in the state constitutions. However, New York's constitution provides for an organized and unorganized militia and makes it clear that the defense of the state and the united states is the duty of all residents of the state indicating that it was an understood right and New Jersey's constitution provides specifically for defending life and protecting property.
mike

Akron, OH

#861 Feb 23, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>u
But there are some things that every kid should have--a secure home, a decent edution, freedom from hunger. The UN some years ago put together a Declaration of the Rights of the Child. You should look at it.
I have looked at it, but thanks for reminder just how superior your knowledge is.
Regardless, a "secure home" begins at home - imagine that - with a family that includes two parents. It is black women that get pregnant at the drop of a hat by men they barely know and half the time never see again.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#862 Feb 23, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
The reality is that some people can stash away a little money every week to be used for a goal and others spend every dime they have as soon as they get it because they gotta have it now. It's why some people who never earned more than twice minimum wage in his life can save up enough money in 23 years to pay cash for a home, while others who made twice as much money seem to be always broke.
The problem with people like you is you expect the savers, the people who suffered a little now for the fulfillment of a long term goal later, to pay for the ones who blew all their money on immediate gratification to give them what the savers achieved through their sacrifice.
It's amazing that from a statement that I made that poor kids have a tendency to play sports that require no more that a ball and a hoop that is on the outside of every school rather than a sport that requires hundreds of dollars of equipment and a special arena, you conclude that I expect people to pay for other people.

All little respect for other people and their circumstance would suffice.

You would also be much better served if you would stop telling other people what they think.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#863 Feb 23, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Not. One. Penny. Contrary to popular belief, veterans who have been separated from the service and aren't disabled due to their service aren't all entitled to have their families receive benefits for education. Our family income was too high.
You see Reader, the world isn't always what YOU think it is.
BTW, what part of this did you choose to ignore? "I borrowed money to go to college while working jobs like roofing in the summer."
Every bit of it, naturally.
My father also had plenty of life insurance, purchased on his own dime. So hear this, lady: The only time I've ever seen a check that said "United States Treasury" was when I received an income tax refund before electronic transactions became the norm.
You are a real bootstrap guy, Navin.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#864 Feb 23, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Try being a working single mother with two kids in Boston, New York or Silicon Valley on $60k a year.
How many minimum wage jobs does that single woman have to have to earn $60K? You are even more disconnected from reality that you have previously demonstrated.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#865 Feb 23, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
BS.
And if you're going to hold every white American responsible for the actions of a small percentage of our ancestors some 150 years ago, and for the other propaganda you dream up...then it follows that whites can hold every black American responsible for the actual crimes of black thugs across America today.
Did you ever think that both of those things are wrong?
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#866 Feb 23, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Stow it.
The best part of being insufferably stupid is maintaining a factually incorrect belief in the face of irrefutable evidence otherwise. Congratulations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 17 min Go Blue Forever 3,356
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 4 hr Old Guy 31,185
Trees nut fruit shade and timber 7 hr Arborist 20
Working at Kroger: The Need for EBT Reform (Jul '12) 8 hr Anon 16
New bus line targets New Albany commuters 8 hr They cannot kill ... 15
PRESIDENT OBAMA weighs in on NFL SCANDALS 10 hr They cannot kill ... 13
Hey pale rider 10 hr They cannot kill ... 38
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
•••