|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>u
But there are some things that every kid should have--a secure home, a decent edution, freedom from hunger. The UN some years ago put together a Declaration of the Rights of the Child. You should look at it.
Only a Progressive believes parents must be told by government what is good for their children.

Since: Jan 12

Long Island City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text>Weed and crack sales, drug dealer robberies and home invasions, that's how.
Frankenstein creations! Who in their 'right mind ' would do that?? People like Farrakhan has been telling whites for 40 years that blacks needed to be taught who they are so that the psychological damage could be countered, but blood, too much attention was paid to his religious rhetoric and not the redeeming points of his platform.

And you people still refuse to listen. There's no other people on earth who been taught to hate themselves and others like American blacks have been.

Just to say act like whites and follow their lead is not going to work for the majority. Some will follow that thinking but so many will not, and those are the ones that get the media attention from righties. Welfare, crime stats, affirmative action is all I read about blacks from you people.

You Republicans allowed the government to chase the men out the house with welfare for the women, you allowed companies to deny employment to black men for decades causing them to become criminals.

For the sake of mass profits, you allowed the political class to let companies relocate off shore putting entire black communities on welfare like Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Youngstown, Akron, Stubenville,Oh and Detroit.

Look in the mirror, there's plenty of blame to go around.
Reagan turned a blind eye to the CIA 's operatives bringing dope into California in the 80's.
THERE WAS NO CRACK BEFORE 1980!
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Barack Hussein Obama has done so much for the average black in the last 4+ years.
http://tinyurl.com/anvzm9a
02/05/13
A congressional report finds that the economic recovery hasn’t solved problems faced by the black community, including “disproportionately high unemployment rates.”
Blacks account for 12% of the labor force, according to the U.S. Joint Economic Committee, but suffered from a 13.8% jobless rate in January 2013 and make up 25% of workers who have been unemployed for longer than 99 weeks.
Furthermore, the number of black workers looking for work has fallen by almost 300,000 since 2011, and there are nearly 2.6 million black workers who want to work but can’t find a job....
since the foundation and start of the great society after trillions of dollars spent, the % of the population on poverty has increased in proportion to population.

our population is double 30 years ago.

Mcfly.....McFly

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> Frankenstein creations! Who in their 'right mind ' would do that?? People like Farrakhan has been telling whites for 40 years that blacks needed to be taught who they are so that the psychological damage could be countered, but blood, too much attention was paid to his religious rhetoric and not the redeeming points of his platform.
And you people still refuse to listen. There's no other people on earth who been taught to hate themselves and others like American blacks have been.
Just to say act like whites and follow their lead is not going to work for the majority. Some will follow that thinking but so many will not, and those are the ones that get the media attention from righties. Welfare, crime stats, affirmative action is all I read about blacks from you people.
You Republicans allowed the government to chase the men out the house with welfare for the women, you allowed companies to deny employment to black men for decades causing them to become criminals.
For the sake of mass profits, you allowed the political class to let companies relocate off shore putting entire black communities on welfare like Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Youngstown, Akron, Stubenville,Oh and Detroit.
Look in the mirror, there's plenty of blame to go around.
Reagan turned a blind eye to the CIA 's operatives bringing dope into California in the 80's.
THERE WAS NO CRACK BEFORE 1980!
Preach it, Brother Jeremiah.

-- Barry

[Michelle sends her love...]

Long Island City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Blackwallstreet.servers. com/

Blacks had wealth but racist with hate and jealousy destroyed it

Long Island City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

WISE AMERICAN wrote:
Blackwallstreet.servers. com/
Blacks had wealth but racist with hate and jealousy destroyed it
BS.

And if you're going to hold every white American responsible for the actions of a small percentage of our ancestors some 150 years ago, and for the other propaganda you dream up...then it follows that whites can hold every black American responsible for the actual crimes of black thugs across America today.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
OK--Add sensitivity training to the list of things you don't understand.
But, what you describe has nothing to do with understanding how systems maintain power inequalities.
Your presumption is that such inequalities are a negative. I think they're the natural outcome of superior minds and work ethics.

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand it just fine. I simply reject it as having no real value. It's up to the individual to develop a skin thick enough to deal with the world, not the world's place to cater to crybabies.
Adif understanding

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> As if John McCain or Romney were going to create an environment where the average black would have a cushy suburban lifestyle, yeah right! GTHOOH.
The only persons who can create that environment is the average black person. A cushy suburban lifestyle is a reward for effort not something automagically granted to someone.

There is a great mindset that needs to be changed.

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a Progressive believes parents must be told by government what is good for their children.
and that "someone else" should provide it.

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

WISE AMERICAN wrote:
e to listen. There's no other people on earth who been taught to hate themselves and others like American blacks have been.
Your "black leaders" are the ones doing it to them. No one can stop it but you.
VADoc

Grove City, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Assuming that they are able to obtain those things that their parents did not have.
One problem is that NOT having those things as a child is something of a handicapping condition in a competitive society.
Educators talk about summer learning loss in low-income populations. What actually happens is not that low-income kids lose knowledge over the summer, but that their more-well-resourced peers tend to gain. They are more likely to spend their summers in ways that challenge their intellect, expand their horizons and reinforce what they have learned.
It's called a library. It's free. It's open in the summer. Also most folks now have the Internet and a computer no matter how poor.

You know what I did every summer growing up reader? I worked on my grandparents dairy farm milking cows, cutting wood, and bailing hay. When I wasn't working I was reading books.

You act like because someone's parents didn't have something that it's a detriment to every child in that family. My parents couldn't pay to send me to Boy Scout camp each year so I worked jobs all year to pay to go. It can be done it just takes hard work.

My kids will have more opportunities than I had. How do I know? I have far more education than my parents had, my wife has more education than my parents had, and we are not having children until we save more money. That's what responsible people do. Also we will go without to give our kids anything they want or need.
VADoc

Grove City, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> Can I blame my dad for giving me the hots for sexy white chicks?
I'm partial to red heads and brunettes but to each their own man.

“Hi-Yo Silver! Away!”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
You refuse to acknowledge plain facts whenever they conflict with your ideology...every single time.
The fact that a part-time, minimum-wage earning, entitlement recipient can amass more disposable income than a full-time,$60k/yr, independent American can....is a national disgrace.
You flunked math all through school, didn't you?

This is far crazier than you insisting the Constitution was ratified in 1791.

Since: Jan 13

Returning with a vengeance

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Not. One. Penny. Contrary to popular belief, veterans who have been separated from the service and aren't disabled due to their service aren't all entitled to have their families receive benefits for education. Our family income was too high.
You see Reader, the world isn't always what YOU think it is.
BTW, what part of this did you choose to ignore? "I borrowed money to go to college while working jobs like roofing in the summer."
Every bit of it, naturally.
My father also had plenty of life insurance, purchased on his own dime. So hear this, lady: The only time I've ever seen a check that said "United States Treasury" was when I received an income tax refund before electronic transactions became the norm.
It's common leftist thought that the reason you and I are not still broke and toothless in Appalachia, is due to the transfers like that.

It assumes that somehow, people didn't work hard, and creates this illusion that minorities with lower labor force participation rates, are actually working hard.

(akin to thinking that my prosperity is only because of Agricultural Adjustment funds my great grandparents received during the New Deal, the last of my line to be on transfers)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

WISE AMERICAN wrote:
That site is strongly exaggerating the scale of the riot

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_riot

Up to 300

"thousands were killed or wounded by fellow white Americans on May 31st, and June 1st in 1921."

Sorry, but you can't expect to pull more crap belched from ethnic studies like your "melanin theory" crap you pulled a few months ago.

Ward Churchill and friends don't live here...

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
You refuse to acknowledge plain facts whenever they conflict with your ideology...every single time.
The fact that a part-time, minimum-wage earning, entitlement recipient can amass more disposable income than a full-time,$60k/yr, independent American can....is a national disgrace.
There was a story in something I read yesterday, WSJ?, about a single mother with two children who made $19K a year and received $80K in entitlements.

Pretty sure it was PA. And she is in nursing school, and admits she will have less when she actually is working as a nurse.

Most all of it was paid 50/50 between the state and federal governments.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
But, what you describe has nothing to do with understanding how systems maintain power inequalities.
The tax/welfare state system transfers wealth from whites (and Asians) to blacks and Latins.

Decades of Great Society should have uplifted minorities...

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Kemosahbe wrote:
<quoted text>
You flunked math all through school, didn't you?
This is far crazier than you insisting the Constitution was ratified in 1791.
No, Kemo. The figure is pretty accurate, depending on the number of dependents and assistance received.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 821 - 840 of1,026
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

57 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Will Obama Resign From Office? 7 min Neutral Party 573
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 16 min Neutral Party 2,708
Should Obama be impeached due to Benghazi, IRS ... (May '13) 53 min Neutral Party 453
Deported illegal immigrants return repeatedly |... (Dec '10) 1 hr Amigo 55
Is the Koran a Book of Hate? 3 hr Indeedy 68
Michelle Obama f/k/a Michael LaVaughn Robinson 3 hr Indeedy 4
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 3 hr full frontal nudity 28,479
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••