Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
There are some stunning assumptions and omissions.
First off is the assumption of rental assistance. This is not an entitlement, it is a capped program. Some receive it, some do not and there are long waiting lists.
Ditto the assumption of childcare subsidy. In Ohio this is particularly scarce--and depending on the age of one's children may not at all make a dent in what they are calling "disposable income."
And finally there is Medicaid/S-Chip which is listed as 16,000 per year benefit at the lowest level (which is not at all the equivalent of "disposable income,") but there is no similar benefit listed for the family with the $60,000 income--which is more than likely not the case.
But things like that never seem to matter to the folks who spend their days living in envy of the poor.
You refuse to acknowledge plain facts whenever they conflict with your ideology...every single time.

The fact that a part-time, minimum-wage earning, entitlement recipient can amass more disposable income than a full-time,$60k/yr, independent American can....is a national disgrace.
Oliver Canterberry

New Albany, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Adif understanding wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not sure you can blame that entirely on Black Churches. It's more about greed where black leaders found the welfare benefits is much greater if a mother is single. They pushed this as a sort of quasi reparations payment which put us in this entire disproportionate fatherless families situation. This led to children growing up not knowing what a family is which they happily continue in the same examples.
I do not know when they started calling it critical race theory but it started becoming a well observed situation about 10 years after the democrats attempted to help the blacks by herding them into special project areas of large cities (out of site-out of mind) away from everything white people normally enjoy. Gotta love the hidden racism in the civil rights legislature and the self destructive nature of greed.
Great post and an excellent point.

Liberals were the ones that herded Blacks like cattle into massive government public housing projects that were an utter disaster, the biggest of these projects became crime infested war zones. 60's Public housing was a disaster followed by yet a bigger disaster in the early 70's brutal busing that forced Whites into White Flight to protect their children from the dangers of the ghetto schools.

The more liberals "help" Blacks the more they degenerate into moral decadence, even under Obama the Community Organizer and pathological liar the typical Black is worse off, yet they follow Obama like mindless lemmings.

Social engineering liberals like Reader are the worst thing that ever happened to Blacks.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Oliver Canterberry wrote:
<quoted text>
...Social engineering liberals like Reader are the worst thing that ever happened to Blacks.
"No greater injury can be done to any youth than to let him feel that because he belongs to this or that race he will be advanced in life regardless of his own merits or efforts."

-- Booker T. Washington
Adif understanding

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Your theory doesn't match the facts. Years ago welfare policy actively drove fathers from homes if they were not able to provide an income. Welfare policy required cutting payments off if there was an adult male in the household--unless that person was disabled. And many males were loath to be unofficially present as a drain on their former spouse/girlfriend/mother of their children.
However, it has been long years since that was changed to allow two-parent families to receive benefits as needed. And since benefits are linked to family size your notion of being better off economically without a father present don't add up. Neither, btw, do the charges that having more babies is an economic benefit. With more children the real benefit per person declines.
The reality about what seems to keep men married and involved in their children's lives, regardless of race, is jobs and income.
Public housing policy has also changed considerably since the huge warehousing of the poor projects were built. However, I cannot honestly say that attempts (through Section 8 vouchers) to de-ghettoize public housing have met with a lot of public support. Seems a good slice of the public prefer keeping poor folks corralled in other places.
Do you just knee jerk all the time and jump without any attempt at comprehending what was presented? We have said the same things except for some reason you claim I am wrong.

You are wrong on saying what keeps people married and with their kids is jobs and money though. There are way more as a percentage of the population, poor white families who are jobless and still staying together. The main difference between them and large black populations is they never had the structure in place encouraging the single mother lifestyle to get more from government until recently. Joblessness in the black community is largely caused by the same effects too. The same authorities who said don't stay home and support your family also said don't conform with America, don't work for the white man, rob cheat and steal from the white man, and nothing is ever your own fault, it's the man holding you down.

And in case you are wondering, look at the populations where blacks are a smaller or less concentration of. The amount of fatherless families drops significantly and is on par with the other races in the area. Only is it a problem in large black populations in our cities and it is largely in areas that were part of the projects.

Finally, the attempts to De-ghettoize minority populations by moving them only moves the ghetto. It does nothing else which is why it is rightfully low on public support. You need to offer education and opportunities to allow those in the ghetto to move up and out if they want them to. I know comparing people to animals is wrong, but look at it this way, if a dog is not trained to go to the bathroom only outside, then moving his home to the other side of town will not stop it from going inside. Behavior traits need adjusted else you still have a dog that pisses on the floor.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
"No greater injury can be done to any youth than to let him feel that because he belongs to this or that race he will be advanced in life regardless of his own merits or efforts."
-- Booker T. Washington
Thanks, Tipster. Very good quote. And true for everyone.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Adif understanding wrote:
<quoted text>Do you just knee jerk all the time and jump without any attempt at comprehending what was presented? We have said the same things except for some reason you claim I am wrong.
You are wrong on saying what keeps people married and with their kids is jobs and money though. There are way more as a percentage of the population, poor white families who are jobless and still staying together. The main difference between them and large black populations is they never had the structure in place encouraging the single mother lifestyle to get more from government until recently. Joblessness in the black community is largely caused by the same effects too. The same authorities who said don't stay home and support your family also said don't conform with America, don't work for the white man, rob cheat and steal from the white man, and nothing is ever your own fault, it's the man holding you down.
And in case you are wondering, look at the populations where blacks are a smaller or less concentration of. The amount of fatherless families drops significantly and is on par with the other races in the area. Only is it a problem in large black populations in our cities and it is largely in areas that were part of the projects.
Finally, the attempts to De-ghettoize minority populations by moving them only moves the ghetto. It does nothing else which is why it is rightfully low on public support. You need to offer education and opportunities to allow those in the ghetto to move up and out if they want them to. I know comparing people to animals is wrong, but look at it this way, if a dog is not trained to go to the bathroom only outside, then moving his home to the other side of town will not stop it from going inside. Behavior traits need adjusted else you still have a dog that pisses on the floor.
Well, you're right. Why Reader is blaming welfare for 'driving the black man from his family', or something lose to that, is absolutley beyond me.

Talk about cutting welfare and the libs scream murder. Better we slash our defense. But they turn around and blame it for all of the problems of the 'ghetto.'

I don't care what the race, I think this country is deep into a moral crisis. But that's not PC, is it?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
I did what I had to do, and I survived. It is one thing to reach out and help a hungry person who has fallen on hard times - pay it forward or pay it back, whichever applies. But honestly, the hand wringing for those who can help themselves is too much for me to bear sometimes!
Ditto. And, probably like you, I do 'pay it forward' in different ways, to strangers and family and friends.

I just believe personal responsibiity and work, not having a sure thing to fall back on, leads to independence and pride. Unless you do that, you're never in a position to help anyone else.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality matters.
The reality is that some people can stash away a little money every week to be used for a goal and others spend every dime they have as soon as they get it because they gotta have it now. It's why some people who never earned more than twice minimum wage in his life can save up enough money in 23 years to pay cash for a home, while others who made twice as much money seem to be always broke.

The problem with people like you is you expect the savers, the people who suffered a little now for the fulfillment of a long term goal later, to pay for the ones who blew all their money on immediate gratification to give them what the savers achieved through their sacrifice.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW--"sensitivity training," in my experience, also has little to do with CRT.
It has a lot to do with it.

Say I'm about to say or do something. I'm supposed to consider whether or not someone else could in any possible way think that what I am planning to do or say is racist, and change it if there's even the slightest possibility someone could misinterpret. Like in public we're always supposed to use clinical terms and talk in monotones. F uck that!
Adif understanding

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you're right. Why Reader is blaming welfare for 'driving the black man from his family', or something lose to that, is absolutley beyond me.
Talk about cutting welfare and the libs scream murder. Better we slash our defense. But they turn around and blame it for all of the problems of the 'ghetto.'
I don't care what the race, I think this country is deep into a moral crisis. But that's not PC, is it?
If welfare was ever intended to do anything other then create dependent people, it would be much smaller right now and focus more on education and training- a hand up and not a hand out. Libs absolutely require dependency, it is part of their self identity so there will never be any significant changes. That is a fundamental difference between seemingly similar honest intent and honesty from them.

Joe Biden said during the debates, you have to cut them off or they will never step up on their own. He was talking about the welfare we gave Iraq at the time- the troops that were fighting their battles for them. But he was being honest, although only for political expediency.
mike

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You could learn something if you came down from Bullshit Mountain every once in a while and took a look around. There are kids who can't play school sports over a $300 pay to play fee. But keep laughing about that mere $300 worth of gear.
then too bad - lifes not fair. There are things my parents couldn't afford that my friends had, etc - and life went on. Get over it, you cant have everything you want just because you want it.
mike

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Your theory doesn't match the facts. Years ago welfare policy actively drove fathers from homes if they were not able to provide an income. Welfare policy required cutting payments off if there was an adult male in the household--unless that person was disabled. And many males were loath to be unofficially present as a drain on their former spouse/girlfriend/mother of their children.
However, it has been long years since that was changed to allow two-parent families to receive benefits as needed. And since benefits are linked to family size your notion of being better off economically without a father present don't add up. Neither, btw, do the charges that having more babies is an economic benefit. With more children the real benefit per person declines.
The reality about what seems to keep men married and involved in their children's lives, regardless of race, is jobs and income.
Public housing policy has also changed considerably since the huge warehousing of the poor projects were built. However, I cannot honestly say that attempts (through Section 8 vouchers) to de-ghettoize public housing have met with a lot of public support. Seems a good slice of the public prefer keeping poor folks corralled in other places.
There is always an excuse in the wings for you. The reason for a father to bail on his family is simple - he doesn't want the hassle of having to support what he has produced. And people don't want some section 8 residents in their neighborhood due to their being poor - but due instead to their behavior.
mike

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
The POINT was that you used the death of a parent as an opportunity to slam someone, and it was low blow. Moreover, you were given far more as the daughter of a physician than I ever could have dreamed. So what? At the end of the day, so freaking what? You got things growing up that I didn't. Oh, boohoo, poor me, I couldn't POSSIBLY succeed. Sarcasm off.
One thing I won't do is waste a whole lot of time worrying about who has what. If that's your choice, so be it - but it's not mine.
"You got things growing up that I didn't. Oh, boohoo, poor me, I couldn't possibly succeed. One thing I wont do is waste a whole lot of time worrying about who has what."

That should be posted in every inner city school.
mike

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

There is an article this week in the ABJ about yet another program - this one only local I think - intended to "train" people how to get and hold a job. One facilitator was actually quoted as saying that they have to teach people not to pick up an application in pajamas and slippers!

Im not making that up - they have to be taught that.

Since: Jan 12

Long Island City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
A study in Michigan (2011 or 2012) showed that 81% of families considered low income were able to figure out a way to pay the fee, and the average fee was $383. Now tell me - how did the 81% figure out how to do it?
Weed and crack sales, drug dealer robberies and home invasions, that's how.

Long Island City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Oliver Canterberry wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post and an excellent point.
Liberals were the ones that herded Blacks like cattle into massive government public housing projects that were an utter disaster, the biggest of these projects became crime infested war zones. 60's Public housing was a disaster followed by yet a bigger disaster in the early 70's brutal busing that forced Whites into White Flight to protect their children from the dangers of the ghetto schools.
The more liberals "help" Blacks the more they degenerate into moral decadence, even under Obama the Community Organizer and pathological liar the typical Black is worse off, yet they follow Obama like mindless lemmings.
Social engineering liberals like Reader are the worst thing that ever happened to Blacks.
As if John McCain or Romney were going to create an environment where the average black would have a cushy suburban lifestyle, yeah right! GTHOOH.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Try being a working single mother with two kids in Boston, New York or Silicon Valley on $60k a year.
Your study was in Michigan, though.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
It has a lot to do with it.
Say I'm about to say or do something. I'm supposed to consider whether or not someone else could in any possible way think that what I am planning to do or say is racist, and change it if there's even the slightest possibility someone could misinterpret. Like in public we're always supposed to use clinical terms and talk in monotones. F uck that!
OK--Add sensitivity training to the list of things you don't understand.

But, what you describe has nothing to do with understanding how systems maintain power inequalities.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

mike wrote:
<quoted text>
then too bad - lifes not fair. There are things my parents couldn't afford that my friends had, etc - and life went on. Get over it, you cant have everything you want just because you want it.
u

But there are some things that every kid should have--a secure home, a decent edution, freedom from hunger. The UN some years ago put together a Declaration of the Rights of the Child. You should look at it.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> As if John McCain or Romney were going to create an environment where the average black would have a cushy suburban lifestyle, yeah right! GTHOOH.
Because Barack Hussein Obama has done so much for the average black in the last 4+ years.

http://tinyurl.com/anvzm9a

02/05/13

A congressional report finds that the economic recovery hasn’t solved problems faced by the black community, including “disproportionately high unemployment rates.”

Blacks account for 12% of the labor force, according to the U.S. Joint Economic Committee, but suffered from a 13.8% jobless rate in January 2013 and make up 25% of workers who have been unemployed for longer than 99 weeks.

Furthermore, the number of black workers looking for work has fallen by almost 300,000 since 2011, and there are nearly 2.6 million black workers who want to work but can’t find a job....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 801 - 820 of1,026
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

34 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
muslim brotherhood authorizes 'anal jihad' 4 min Neutral Party 32
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 15 min Canton 28,633
Do we need to impeach Obama to save America? 29 min Buckeye at Birth 32
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 1 hr Neutral Party 2,736
Will Obama Resign From Office? 2 hr Neutral Party 582
Investor nightmare (Jul '09) 4 hr Guru-Cleveland 82
Minority recruiting lags for Columbus fire, pol... 6 hr Shanikwah 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••