Spookhere F trolls

Toledo, OH

#746 Feb 22, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> The first time I'd ever heard a kid mention hockey was in Jr. high when I went to a 99% white school. He said he could hit a 'puck' into my forehead with his hockey stick. I didn't know what a 'puck' was. I looked it up in a encyclopedia later that day. I still remember that kid's goofy face and 'mop' hair cut but can't remember his name.
I knew hockey cost way more money than mom could afford at the time, besides, I never knew where a hockey ring was in Columbus. Urban kids are not privy to any sport other than basketball and football.
Several kids around here play in non school rinks arouns Columbus and Newark. It does take a lot of time on the parents part. But so does many other sports.
Wait what

Galion, OH

#747 Feb 22, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
And the hard-working blacks you describe are always faced with the stereotype that they didn't really accomplish anything--they had special advantages given to them for being black.
And yet you raise your nose to other minorities who worked their way up out of poverty into nice neighborhoods. Go figure, huh?
Oliver Canterberry

Chillicothe, OH

#748 Feb 22, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, perhaps you'd like to elaborate on the heretical tenets of Critical Race Theory.
And exactly what percentage of black pulpits are influenced by Critical Race Theory?
Do you have any grasp of Critical Race Theory beyond the first paragraph in wiki? Ever read any Critical Race theorists?
Tip provided an excellent analysis of Critical Race Theory on this forum but you didn't listen then and you won't listen now to me.

100% of Black churches are influenced by this nonsense, just look at the sexual behavior of Blacks, zero marriages, zero sexual self control.
Wait what

Galion, OH

#749 Feb 22, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
No ma'am. You (if I am recalling correctly) made a good many references to efforts of various organizers, petitions and so forth that led me to believe that you were more than an observer.
Frankly, I had pretty much forgotten until you brought it up. My memory of you was of your popping up with some kind of grudge against me some months ago. I never could figure out where your feelings had gotten so hurt. But, when you made the connection to the Methodist Children's Home I realized that it was you who kept coming back to that partucular thread with a good deal of venom and certitude directed at the youth who were housed there and their alleged criminality.
If it puts your mind at rest, no, I never worked there, although I have known of it, known people who worked there, families who received services there and so forth.
OK Reader, you need to lay off because you are flat out lying or simply delusional. You are now officially making things up. Not that it's any of your business, but I have donated to the Home through a Methodist church in previous years so you couldn't be more wrong. The venom and hurt feelings simply aren't there, except in your own mind. You owe me an apology - a big one.
Wait what

Galion, OH

#750 Feb 22, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
No ma'am. You (if I am recalling correctly) made a good many references to efforts of various organizers, petitions and so forth that led me to believe that you were more than an observer.
Frankly, I had pretty much forgotten until you brought it up. My memory of you was of your popping up with some kind of grudge against me some months ago. I never could figure out where your feelings had gotten so hurt. But, when you made the connection to the Methodist Children's Home I realized that it was you who kept coming back to that partucular thread with a good deal of venom and certitude directed at the youth who were housed there and their alleged criminality.
If it puts your mind at rest, no, I never worked there, although I have known of it, known people who worked there, families who received services there and so forth.
No, sorry. Clearly, the evidence shows you have me confused with a registered poster, "Stop the 3C Now":

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/sugar-grove-o...

And I don't appear here:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/worthington-o...

Nor here:

http://www.topix.com/forum/business/industria...

Nor here:

http://www.topix.com/forum/columbus/TC1V2V3B8...

Nope, not here either:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/worthington-o...

Hmmm....no WW here:

http://www.topix.com/forum/business/industria...

Since: Jan 12

Columbus, OH

#751 Feb 22, 2013
Oliver Canterberry wrote:
<quoted text>
Tip provided an excellent analysis of Critical Race Theory on this forum but you didn't listen then and you won't listen now to me.
100% of Black churches are influenced by this nonsense, just look at the sexual behavior of Blacks, zero marriages, zero sexual self control.
Oh, you sit in black churches, so that explains how you know what goes on in black people's minds. I attend church and I never heard our Bishop teach Critical Race Theory, and maybe twice a year I visit other large popular Columbus black churches and their Bishops never teach that either, hummm. Can you tell me where I could go to hear that message? Maybe I'm in the 'wrong' church, according to you, I should be in a 'hate whitey' congregation.
I wonder how the whites in those churches would feel about the C.R.T. being preached every week?

By the way, I'm attending a wedding in March, the bride and groom are black, so I guess your 100% unmarried stat is a false one. Matter of fact, I've been to three black weddings in the last two years.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#752 Feb 22, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
But you don't know much. And that's a fact.
You should try being informed instead of opinionated.
Just once.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#753 Feb 22, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You could learn something if you came down from Bullshit Mountain every once in a while and took a look around. There are kids who can't play school sports over a $300 pay to play fee. But keep laughing about that mere $300 worth of gear.
Why is it that only conservatives and whites have to "come down from the mountain"? Why don't leftists and minorities? Why aren't ghetto blacks scolded to learn that "there's a big world out there"?
And spare me about fees and costs. I've watched kids in my own district sell candy bars and magazines to raise money for hockey with a big chunk of it going to pay for an equipment bank that we ran out of a neighbor's garage. These things can be and are done by decent, responsible parents (and there were single moms just as involved as any fathers and couples.) YOU and your kind are the ones living in your own bubble who are either too afraid, too closed-minded or too stupid to step outside and see that life isn't always what you think it is.
Where have you lived in your life, Che? Inner city? Suburbs? Rural areas? I've done all three. Ever lived in another country? I have. Ever worked manual labor before settling into a professional career? I have.
If anyone is perched high on a mountain of bullsh!t, it's sanctimonious tools like you.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#754 Feb 22, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Why is it that only conservatives and whites have to "come down from the mountain"? Why don't leftists and minorities? Why aren't ghetto blacks scolded to learn that "there's a big world out there"?
And spare me about fees and costs. I've watched kids in my own district sell candy bars and magazines to raise money for hockey with a big chunk of it going to pay for an equipment bank that we ran out of a neighbor's garage. These things can be and are done by decent, responsible parents (and there were single moms just as involved as any fathers and couples.) YOU and your kind are the ones living in your own bubble who are either too afraid, too closed-minded or too stupid to step outside and see that life isn't always what you think it is.
Where have you lived in your life, Che? Inner city? Suburbs? Rural areas? I've done all three. Ever lived in another country? I have. Ever worked manual labor before settling into a professional career? I have.
If anyone is perched high on a mountain of bullsh!t, it's sanctimonious tools like you.
You have an amazing propensity to believe that you know what everyone else knows and experiences. The problem is, you are wrong. That's the problem with people who come from privilege. Very few have any idea what it takes for many people to survive. While you are selling each other candy to pay for hockey gear, there are people worried about keeping the heat on.

You calling someone else sanctimonious may be the Topix irony of the week.
Wait what

Galion, OH

#755 Feb 22, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You could learn something if you came down from Bullshit Mountain every once in a while and took a look around. There are kids who can't play school sports over a $300 pay to play fee. But keep laughing about that mere $300 worth of gear.
A study in Michigan (2011 or 2012) showed that 81% of families considered low income were able to figure out a way to pay the fee, and the average fee was $383. Now tell me - how did the 81% figure out how to do it?
Spookhere F trolls

Toledo, OH

#756 Feb 22, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You have an amazing propensity to believe that you know what everyone else knows and experiences. The problem is, you are wrong. That's the problem with people who come from privilege. Very few have any idea what it takes for many people to survive. While you are selling each other candy to pay for hockey gear, there are people worried about keeping the heat on.
They should try working instead of being parasites.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#757 Feb 22, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You act as if I were a Kennedy or a Rockefeller. Both my parents worked, and I borrowed money to go to college while working jobs like roofing in the summer. My father died at the end of my freshman year of college. I did what responsible middle class, properly raised kids do...played by the rules, worked to achieve and didn't whine that the whole world was out to get me.
You are clueless.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#758 Feb 22, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
My extended family runs the breadth of the tax brackets.

The dysfunction is clearly in the lower end of the spectrum.

As long as one doesn't use addictive drugs, have kids out of wedlock, and graduates high school, they will achieve at the very least lower middle class status.

If people can't keep the heat on, they need to
A. Earn more
B. spend less
C. Move to a warmer climate where you don't need heat
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#759 Feb 22, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
A study in Michigan (2011 or 2012) showed that 81% of families considered low income were able to figure out a way to pay the fee, and the average fee was $383. Now tell me - how did the 81% figure out how to do it?
My guess is that is just another BS made up number. Notwithstanding, my concern is for the 19%.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#761 Feb 22, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
OK Reader, you need to lay off because you are flat out lying or simply delusional. You are now officially making things up. Not that it's any of your business, but I have donated to the Home through a Methodist church in previous years so you couldn't be more wrong. The venom and hurt feelings simply aren't there, except in your own mind. You owe me an apology - a big one.
It's what she does. Twists as much as she can, lies about what you have said and inserts her 'doubts.' I think, personally she is delusional. Whatever it is, I cannot get her to skip my posts with her lies and venom.
You won't get an apology. You'll get her lap dog, Che backing her up.
Back to work...

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#762 Feb 22, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is that is just another BS made up number. Notwithstanding, my concern is for the 19%.
Wait What deserves your apology. Right now.

Pay-to-play fees sideline kids in 19 percent of low-income families

http://www.annarbor.com/news/pay-to-play-fees...
Wait what

Galion, OH

#763 Feb 22, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I grew up in poverty and all though graduating from high school never could participate in one single extracurricular activity - partly because there was no money, and partly because I worked a lot to pay for my basic needs (and I do mean basic, like shampoo). I survived, and I've had an interesting life - one with many ups and downs. And honestly, without the downs I might not have been able to survive when the going got rough. I had been through it before, I could do it again.

Here's the "BS" study:

http://www.annarbor.com/news/pay-to-play-fees...

“Don't trust the internet!”

Location hidden

#764 Feb 22, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you raise your nose to other minorities who worked their way up out of poverty into nice neighborhoods. Go figure, huh?
And which minorities would those be?

Location hidden

#765 Feb 22, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Dunno--it's your study. How did they do it?

Location hidden

#766 Feb 22, 2013
Oliver Canterberry wrote:
<quoted text>
Oliver, you are merely revealing that you know precious little about either Critical Race Theory OR black churches.

And frankly I don't recall tip presenting an "excellent analysis" of CRT on here. But I have seen the opening paragraph of the wiki page on it clipped and pasted multiple times.

Critical Race Theory, sometimes also referred to as Critical Theory is an analytic lens by which to view situations of unequal distribution of power and to parse out various social and institutional structures that maintain this. The assumption that it is some hate-based blackey gets back at whitey screed is simply ignorant.

But apparently a lot of people get all knee-jerky when they hear the word critical paired with the word race. And they are further fearful of someone uncovering some uncomfortable realities in their own lives.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clinton, in Columbus speech today, to slam Trum... 16 min d pants 98
Hillary's speech - thread is missing 1 hr Free Pizza 4 U 9
Is Donald Trump Campaign Falling Apart? 2 hr rowdy01 87
Ohio School Prayer Ballot Issue Rejected 11 hr Hugh Jasol 4
Funny fn picture 13 hr They cannot kill ... 4
News Air Quality Alert Issued For June 25 in Central... 13 hr UTrashy 4
News Former Dispatch publisher John F. Wolfe dies at 72 13 hr ARRAR 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages