Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
WHOA, EXCUSE ME? Are you nuts?
I have never been associated with that institution. I have never "driven it out of Worthington". YOU mentioned working for a Methodist institution, and I made a correct guess based on your own ramblings about where you have worked and with whom. That's on you for blabbing on the internet. I have never met you, nor would I want to. Thankfully for you I can't holler slander on an "anonymous" user name.
To have made up something like this is out of line. Are you about to have a meltdown like Kosmik? If you are, leave me out of it. I don't tell a lot of personal stories, it's true - but that gives you no right to give me an assumed identity with assumed actions that have never, ever, ever been a part of my life.
Retract it immediately, please.
I was referring to interactions online, via Topix. Wholly anonymous.

Since: Jan 13

Returning with a vengeance

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you about to have a meltdown like Kosmik?
Seems that many of the leftists are headed there...Che...tranposition...R eader...

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, perhaps you'd like to elaborate on the heretical tenets of Critical Race Theory.
The biggie is that it presumes that every interaction between two people HAS a racial component, even when there's no evidence of such. It then assumes those racial components (that there is no evidence to support) are always white aggression and black victimhood. According to Critical Race Theory, if a white man frowns at a black man, it's because he's racist and hates blacks. If he smiles, he's claiming superiority. If a black man frowns at a white man, it's because he fears "the man". If he smiles he is sucking up to "the oppressor".

It's a load of crap designed to perpetuate hostility.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I was referring to interactions online, via Topix. Wholly anonymous.
Let's go over this again, shall we? You said, in reference to the Children's Home:
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>"No kidding. And recalls where I first encountered Wait What.
She was very active in driving it out of Worthington.
And maybe this is why she is so down on churches/Christianity. Just a guess.
So you're telling me that I was very active online, via Topix, with driving it out of Worthington, as an anonymous poster? To say you've lost it is an understatement.
VADoc

Lima, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I know some black kids (in my neighborhood, no less) who play hockey.
Sports overall, however, are a fairly expensive proposition--take a lot of cash and a lot of parental time. These are the sorts of things (the whole world of enrichments outside of school) that kids from more well-to-do families have in their lives that not every kid has.
And, it seems to make a difference.
Then they can blame their parents and when they grow up and become parents they can give their children the things they did not have. That's what smart successful people do.
meh

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

meh
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Every black kid in Columbus lives within TWO to TEN miles of a rink they could skate at. And $300 worth of used gear lets them play.
$40 sneakers? LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!
You are clueless on so many levels.
You could learn something if you came down from Bullshit Mountain every once in a while and took a look around. There are kids who can't play school sports over a $300 pay to play fee. But keep laughing about that mere $300 worth of gear.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You could learn something if you came down from Bullshit Mountain every once in a while and took a look around. There are kids who can't play school sports over a $300 pay to play fee. But keep laughing about that mere $300 worth of gear.
Excuses, excuses.

I don't know of any parent who can't save $5.75/wk to pay for their child's participation. And any pre-teen/teen can easily earn that amount over the summer doing odd jobs for neighbors.

$5.75/week...that's less than a weekly fast-food meal.

Priorities matter.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuses, excuses.
I don't know of any parent who can't save $5.75/wk to pay for their child's participation. And any pre-teen/teen can easily earn that amount over the summer doing odd jobs for neighbors.
Priorities matter.
Reality matters.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality matters.
No excuses.

Since: Jan 12

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Oliver Canterberry wrote:
<quoted text>
American Blacks have the highest standard of living of all Blacks in the entire world, Brazil, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Haiti, Sudan and Somalia. The reason you people do not attain the same level as Whites, Asians and Jews is your unstable emotions, childish behavior and violence and Black on Black murder that proves the problem is Black self hate and not so called racism from Whites.

Blacks 'standard of living' in America didn't come from the goodness of white people's heart. Especially whites of your ilk! Those standards were gained through hard work, sweat, and the shedding of racist's blood in the south, and getting waterhosed and beaten by bigots, then burning down cities in the north and destroying billions of dollars of white wealth.

Now while some blacks are have a propensity to want the finer things in life without waiting a lifetime to get them (Jesse Jr.) that is but a small minority of the total. Everyone I know earns their living and don't get handouts from tax payers!

They don't game the system and steal hard working people's money like your heroes on Wall Street and in Corporate boardrooms.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems that many of the leftists are headed there...Che...tranposition...R eader...
In your dreams, Karl.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
The biggie is that it presumes that every interaction between two people HAS a racial component, even when there's no evidence of such. It then assumes those racial components (that there is no evidence to support) are always white aggression and black victimhood. According to Critical Race Theory, if a white man frowns at a black man, it's because he's racist and hates blacks. If he smiles, he's claiming superiority. If a black man frowns at a white man, it's because he fears "the man". If he smiles he is sucking up to "the oppressor".
And how do you know that these are tenets of Critical Race Theory? Can you support what you say with something from an actual Theorist?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's go over this again, shall we? You said, in reference to the Children's Home:
<quoted text>
So you're telling me that I was very active online, via Topix, with driving it out of Worthington, as an anonymous poster? To say you've lost it is an understatement.
No ma'am. You (if I am recalling correctly) made a good many references to efforts of various organizers, petitions and so forth that led me to believe that you were more than an observer.

Frankly, I had pretty much forgotten until you brought it up. My memory of you was of your popping up with some kind of grudge against me some months ago. I never could figure out where your feelings had gotten so hurt. But, when you made the connection to the Methodist Children's Home I realized that it was you who kept coming back to that partucular thread with a good deal of venom and certitude directed at the youth who were housed there and their alleged criminality.

If it puts your mind at rest, no, I never worked there, although I have known of it, known people who worked there, families who received services there and so forth.

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I know some black kids (in my neighborhood, no less) who play hockey.
Sports overall, however, are a fairly expensive proposition--take a lot of cash and a lot of parental time. These are the sorts of things (the whole world of enrichments outside of school) that kids from more well-to-do families have in their lives that not every kid has.
And, it seems to make a difference.
The first time I'd ever heard a kid mention hockey was in Jr. high when I went to a 99% white school. He said he could hit a 'puck' into my forehead with his hockey stick. I didn't know what a 'puck' was. I looked it up in a encyclopedia later that day. I still remember that kid's goofy face and 'mop' hair cut but can't remember his name.

I knew hockey cost way more money than mom could afford at the time, besides, I never knew where a hockey ring was in Columbus. Urban kids are not privy to any sport other than basketball and football.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

VADoc wrote:
<quoted text>
Then they can blame their parents and when they grow up and become parents they can give their children the things they did not have. That's what smart successful people do.
Assuming that they are able to obtain those things that their parents did not have.

One problem is that NOT having those things as a child is something of a handicapping condition in a competitive society.

Educators talk about summer learning loss in low-income populations. What actually happens is not that low-income kids lose knowledge over the summer, but that their more-well-resourced peers tend to gain. They are more likely to spend their summers in ways that challenge their intellect, expand their horizons and reinforce what they have learned.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuses, excuses.
Priorities matter.
But you don't know much. And that's a fact.

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
What does it mean if a black man smiles at a busty blue eyed blonde? Oh, never mind, I'll ask Herman Cain about that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> Blacks 'standard of living' in America didn't come from the goodness of white people's heart. Especially whites of your ilk! Those standards were gained through hard work, sweat, and the shedding of racist's blood in the south, and getting waterhosed and beaten by bigots, then burning down cities in the north and destroying billions of dollars of white wealth.
Now while some blacks are have a propensity to want the finer things in life without waiting a lifetime to get them (Jesse Jr.) that is but a small minority of the total. Everyone I know earns their living and don't get handouts from tax payers!
They don't game the system and steal hard working people's money like your heroes on Wall Street and in Corporate boardrooms.
And the hard-working blacks you describe are always faced with the stereotype that they didn't really accomplish anything--they had special advantages given to them for being black.

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

VADoc wrote:
<quoted text>
Can I blame my dad for giving me the hots for sexy white chicks?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 721 - 740 of1,026
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

69 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
President Obama violated Constitution in 2012 16 min Black Rhino 97
Iraq - The George W. Bush War 18 min Black Rhino 137
Is Barak Obama responsible for the current bord... 20 min Black Rhino 60
The George Zimmerman Case! (Apr '13) 43 min Pale Rider 7,664
'Annie's Law' pushed to prevent DUIs 1 hr Big Johnson 1
Deported illegal immigrants return repeatedly |... (Dec '10) 2 hr Amigo 51
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 5 hr Pale Rider 2,700
•••
•••