Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#685 Feb 21, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
NBA has not had a non-foreign white superstar, since Larry Byrd
Why do you expect whites to take interest in a game that is near exclusively black and foreigner?
Blacks/Latins take little interest in the NHL.
What a fascinating post. An enjoyment of the game, a sense of community, a long standing relationship with an organization... none of that could be a reason for being a fan of the sport. The only reason someone would like a sport is if the people who play it look like them. You guys are absolutely incredible.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#686 Feb 21, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
What a fascinating post. An enjoyment of the game, a sense of community, a long standing relationship with an organization... none of that could be a reason for being a fan of the sport. The only reason someone would like a sport is if the people who play it look like them. You guys are absolutely incredible.
Then explain why blacks don't like hockey. And I mean where the NHL has existed for 87 years in cities like Detroit, Chicago, New York and Boston.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#687 Feb 21, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>No, I'm saying that 90% of the viewers used to be white. Those days are long gone. So are the days of anyone over age 45 stepping into an arena for an NBA game.
I have that "NHL" thing spot on. If it's about racism then blacks are racist for not liking hockey.
See how that works?
Take me back to a roster of Archibald, Parish, White, Carr and Johnson with KC Jones coaching and no hip hop crap and I'd be an NBA fan today.
People don't like hockey because it's soccer without the teeth.

That, and people have a tendancy to enjoy sports that are available to them when they are growing up. I bet if your lily white ass was dropped into Birmingam, Alabama you wouldn't find a whole bunch of white hockey fans. And you accuse others of making things about race.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#688 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>No, I'm saying that 90% of the viewers used to be white. Those days are long gone. So are the days of anyone over age 45 stepping into an arena for an NBA game.
I have that "NHL" thing spot on. If it's about racism then blacks are racist for not liking hockey.
See how that works?
Take me back to a roster of Archibald, Parish, White, Carr and Johnson with KC Jones coaching and no hip hop crap and I'd be an NBA fan today.
Oh yeah. Those five guys were never on a Celtics roster together.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#689 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>Then explain why blacks don't like hockey. And I mean where the NHL has existed for 87 years in cities like Detroit, Chicago, New York and Boston.
Right after you explain again why "blacks" don't ski.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#690 Feb 21, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
People don't like hockey because it's soccer without the teeth.
That, and people have a tendancy to enjoy sports that are available to them when they are growing up. I bet if your lily white ass was dropped into Birmingam, Alabama you wouldn't find a whole bunch of white hockey fans. And you accuse others of making things about race.
You have obviously never watched a hockey game in your life.
Ever heard of the Detroit Red Wings? How about the Chicago Blackhawks? No blacks in those cities, huh?

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#691 Feb 21, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah. Those five guys were never on a Celtics roster together.
Parish, Carr and Johnson were. So were White and Archibald earlier. That wasn't the point and you know it.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#692 Feb 21, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Right after you explain again why "blacks" don't ski.
So you're saying it's about money?
They seem to spend plenty on stuff like sneakers and jerseys. I could outfit a kid for hockey every year with used gear for the cost of three pairs of new Jordans.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#693 Feb 21, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be a fan of the game, if there was at least one superstar from a background like mine.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#694 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>You have obviously never watched a hockey game in your life.
Ever heard of the Detroit Red Wings? How about the Chicago Blackhawks? No blacks in those cities, huh?
How much gear does it take to play hockey?
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#695 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>So you're saying it's about money?
They seem to spend plenty on stuff like sneakers and jerseys. I could outfit a kid for hockey every year with used gear for the cost of three pairs of new Jordans.
I am not going to engage in a conversation of racial stereotypes with you.

Hockey is a very specialized sport in that you need special equipment and a very unique playing surface. If one cannot afford to buy the equipment or if one doesn't live within 20 miles of a rink, it is a fair guess that you won't grow up to be a hockey fan.

Practically every school has a basketball hoop outside of it. It's an economic and geographic issue. I have reason to watch a WHOLE LOT of youth basketball. Those kids aren't wearing Jordan's. There wearing forty dollar shoes.

There's a whole world out there, Fred, that you really don't understand.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#696 Feb 21, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be a fan of the game, if there was at least one superstar from a background like mine.
You should broaden your horizons a little bit. There are a whole lot of people out there from backgrounds different from yours that are WAAAAAAAY more interesting than you.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#697 Feb 21, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Skates, pads, helmet, pants, gloves, a bag and sticks. For a little kid, I could get them at Play It Again Sports for under $300 total. Sticks would be the biggest continuing equipment cost at $40 a pop. But the don't break easily like the old wooden ones.

Ivy League-ISIS

#698 Feb 21, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Less than it does for football

Ivy League-ISIS

#699 Feb 21, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You should broaden your horizons a little bit. There are a whole lot of people out there from backgrounds different from yours that are WAAAAAAAY more interesting than you.
The NBA is too monochromatic, it needs some of that leftist dieversity, my people are not represented fully...

Ivy League-ISIS

#700 Feb 21, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hockey is a very specialized sport in that you need special equipment and a very unique playing surface. If one cannot afford to buy the equipment or if one doesn't live within 20 miles of a rink, it is a fair guess that you won't grow up to be a hockey fan.
Practically every school has a basketball hoop outside of it. It's an economic and geographic issue. I have reason to watch a WHOLE LOT of youth basketball. Those kids aren't wearing Jordan's. There wearing forty dollar shoes.
The high school here has a hockey team, it plays in Strongsville, that's longer than 20 miles.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#701 Feb 21, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Every black kid in Columbus lives within TWO to TEN miles of a rink they could skate at. And $300 worth of used gear lets them play.
$40 sneakers? LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!
You are clueless on so many levels.

Ivy League-ISIS

#702 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>Every black kid in Columbus lives within TWO to TEN miles of a rink they could skate at. And $300 worth of used gear lets them play.
$40 sneakers? LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!
You are clueless on so many levels.
"Air Jordan Riots"

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#703 Feb 21, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Less than it does for football
The exception is the sticks. Other than that, you're right.

Ivy League-ISIS

#704 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>The exception is the sticks. Other than that, you're right.
The state funds high school football, yute football can be funded by shaking down local business. Youth hockey is funded a similar way, except you can't call a business racist if it doesn't donate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OMG! | ba BOOM! | Roy Moore Year Book | FAKE! 41 min Hudson Allred 19
Looking for 18+ night clubs in Columbus or Cinc... 45 min Enik98 1
Connie Scarberry 2 hr Reality Speaks 3
NEVER FORGET: NFL players sat down during the N... 2 hr Reality Speaks 211
Dems in disarray- Well, yeah! (Jun '17) 2 hr Reality Speaks 1,497
Flynn Pleads Guilty 2 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 556
Are Jobs More Important Than Our Environment? (Apr '17) 2 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 262
ROY Moore wants Slavery Days back to Make Ameri... 5 hr Reality Speaks 31
What Has Happened To America? 7 hr White Fangs 37
BO Arrested for Treason 7 hr GlitterSucks 291

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages