|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>And you morons think he actually cared about blacks...
He had one black friend. His name was TOM.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted that link, or one that said the same thing, some days ago.
SL says that's not the real Methodist church.
*I* posted that link, Reader.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that she is making a whole lot of suppositions about who she is looking at.
But, since you and SL are so concerned about my religious foundation let me assure you that I attend a church of the same denomination that I grew up in. Not one of the larger mainlines, but clergy are adequately educated and ordained and we have a national structure.
This is the second congregation I have affiliated with since I have been in Columbus and both were/are interracial. And, like the Methodists, fully inclusive.
Define inclusive.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
You made a statement that no Methodist Church in your conference supported the UMC's beliefs on reproductive freedom.
And when questioned you call me a name and then run away.
Just a hint--this is not a good way to build credibility.
Wait, now. Define reproductive freedom. Are you saying they support abortion? Because they don't. Think of it as an evangelical divorce care, so to speak. Hate the sin, love the sinner.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
No--not really.
When challenged about the folks that she knew with an IQ below 70, she fell back on her summer job in college working with people who have autism.
I copied and pasted the quote, which proved SL correct. Is it still in this thread somewhere? I'll have to look. Interestingly enough, my articles on some Obamacare surprises keep disappearing. Hmmmm.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know the full history. However, the United Church of Christ is still in existence--hence did not merge in the 60s. Most American protestent sects experienced a North-South type split during the Civil War (or thereabouts) over slavery. I do believe that there was some kind of coming together around about that time. However, this is quite distinctly different from a group splintering off (as SL has claimed). And the history of Methodism in this country goes back over a hundred years--which I know from having worked at a Methodist-founded institution for a good many years.
It seems to be something in the nature of Protestantism that there is frequently a tension between the local congregations and the policies and missions nationally--so I cannot swear that the policies that I have experience were completely universal. However, going back easily to the 1960s Methodism in the US (as expressed by the United Methodist Church nationally) has been pretty solidly concerned with such social issues as poverty, education, health, diversity and inclusion and so forth. And have been viewed by many as liberal.
But, they are certainly far from having fundamentalist leanings of the sort that declares others to be un-Christian, false prophets or led by Satan for holding views supportive of reproductive choice.
Ah, the Children's Home in Worthington, yes?
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and I followed by asking if they were Mexicans--referring back to her frequent citation of a hard-working pair of "seasonal" employees that she knows of (in the employ of a relative of hers).
She accused me of being bigotted and thinking that all Mexicans had an IQ of 70.
I explained that I had assumed that the 70 IQ hard-workers she mentioned were the same as the Mexican hard-workers. Somewhere along the line I grasped for a proper terminology for these various workers she claims to know, calling them "down-trodden," for lack of a better term.
Thinking back on it, perhaps there is a more appropriate term. I should have called them all "imaginary."
When I first read it - the remark about Mexicans - I took it as a racist slam, based on how you bounced it. Just saying. Might want to be more succinct and less wordy.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, you have polled them all then?
Which conference would that be?
there is a conference every spring in lakeside ohio.

yes, they all were polled.

any other stupid questions?
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing sadder than an atheist who refuses like a pouting child to recognize the foundations of our civilization and is too vain and angry to accept that there exists a power that far exceeds humanity on every level.
I told you before, I do. Santa Claus. Much less hateful than the mythologies you guys are arguing over.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
There is an amazing story in the news today about how there is a race on to find pieces of the meteor as quickly as possible. The reason? they test these things and various isotopes and other particles contained on these meteors degrade within days. NASA astronomers have uncovered amino acids—the fundamental foundation for life—in a place where they shouldn't be. The acids—precursors of proteins—have been unexpectedly found inside fragments of previously superheated meteorites that landed in northern Sudan in 2008.
So these amino acids just happened by themselves?
Nope. A wizard with a long beard made them in his workshop.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
The following are your exact words, cut and pasted:
"Polled?
Do you base "Thous shalt not kill" on a modern time polling result? Popularity?
Done with this subject, Twister. You adhere to man made beliefs that align with your choices"
Yes--Twister is a name, intended as an insult.
And refusing to answer with "done with this subject" (flinging along that superior little note about my "man made beliefs" crafted to align with my "choices") is a figurative means of running away from the discussion.
And I see that you found a way to bring your husband back into the discussion--and using him to structure yet another insult (that I will never know the "concept" of a husband).
And just to gild the lily adding a few more insulting terms (cow, liar).
Ma'am I congratulate you.
You are indeed a piece of work.
She's a shining example of a Christian Woman.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
When I first read it - the remark about Mexicans - I took it as a racist slam, based on how you bounced it. Just saying. Might want to be more succinct and less wordy.
I did also. It was a slam. Why did she immediately go to the Mexican gentlemen My husband values so much as workers? She doesn't know them, therefore, does she think all Mexican's here on 10 month work visas have low IQ's? Or just all Mexicans? My cousin's husband is Mexican and companies on the east coast have bidding wars for his services, he's so good at what he does.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
You're looney tunes.
Yes I am. It's part of my charm.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
I copied and pasted the quote, which proved SL correct. Is it still in this thread somewhere? I'll have to look. Interestingly enough, my articles on some Obamacare surprises keep disappearing. Hmmmm.
Next year a larger impact of Obamacare, passed on to the middle class, will be felt.

I think the moderator's remove some posts. How else could it happen? They can also read our PM's.

WW, The twister has a completely closed mind. And limited life experience, apparently. Everyone I know, every experience I've had, to her, is in my imagination.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Next year a larger impact of Obamacare, passed on to the middle class, will be felt.
I think the moderator's remove some posts. How else could it happen? They can also read our PM's.
WW, The twister has a completely closed mind. And limited life experience, apparently. Everyone I know, every experience I've had, to her, is in my imagination.
I, of all people, was asked to be a moderator on another site. Can you believe that? On the site I'm on, they give moderators limited abilities too look at the account. The one I moderate, you only get to see flagged posts and you vote yeah or nea with other users and come up with a group result.

On these boards, I think whether it gets kicked to a moderator or not depends on how many people click report abuse. There is someone out there, whether it's Walt or Army Chief (or are they the same guy) or someone else that sits around running up vote tallies or hitting the abuse button over and over again for posters they don't like.

Easy to do, by the way, if you have three or four different browsers (Explorer, Foxfire, Chrome, the Apple browser) open as they all register different cookies. Clear cookies and tally up vote totals very easily. That's what I think is happening.

..... Someone in a wheelchair with too much time on their hands.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I am. It's part of my charm.
In a game of word association, charm and Bobby do not equate. Thanks for my giggle Bobby!:)
Spookhere F trolls

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I, of all people, was asked to be a moderator on another site. Can you believe that? On the site I'm on, they give moderators limited abilities too look at the account. The one I moderate, you only get to see flagged posts and you vote yeah or nea with other users and come up with a group result.
On these boards, I think whether it gets kicked to a moderator or not depends on how many people click report abuse. There is someone out there, whether it's Walt or Army Chief (or are they the same guy) or someone else that sits around running up vote tallies or hitting the abuse button over and over again for posters they don't like.
Easy to do, by the way, if you have three or four different browsers (Explorer, Foxfire, Chrome, the Apple browser) open as they all register different cookies. Clear cookies and tally up vote totals very easily. That's what I think is happening.
..... Someone in a wheelchair with too much time on their hands.
More likely a liberal chronic masturbator

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
*I* posted that link, Reader.
Several have posted links to that site.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Define inclusive.
Open to all regardless of various human differences. Generally, however it specifically refers to an acceptance (some use the terminology "open and affirming") of Christians who are LGBTQ.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, now. Define reproductive freedom. Are you saying they support abortion? Because they don't. Think of it as an evangelical divorce care, so to speak. Hate the sin, love the sinner.
Go back and read their statements in their entirety.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

77 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 23 min Canton 29,425
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 28 min repent 2,224
Poll: Obama's approval rating still low in Ohio 47 min Zoe Regen 1
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 57 min Male 2,948
Bizzybee Catman Dave Serious Lady Rowdy Sidekick 1 hr Pope Che Reagan Christ I 38
Students wear burqas in Texas High School 1 hr Oliver Canterberry 2
Mother Chased Out Of Home By Armed Man 1 hr Oliver Canterberry 2
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 12 hr eden 846
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••