Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#504 Feb 19, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
You made a statement that no Methodist Church in your conference supported the UMC's beliefs on reproductive freedom.
And when questioned you call me a name and then run away.
Just a hint--this is not a good way to build credibility.
Run away from you? Hardly. I was with my husband. A concept you will forever be unfamiliar with.

What name did I call you? Twister? Liar? Cow? They all fit.

Boo!

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#505 Feb 19, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>It's reality, Reader. My wife sees the "clergy" at her workplace everyday.
I think that she is making a whole lot of suppositions about who she is looking at.

But, since you and SL are so concerned about my religious foundation let me assure you that I attend a church of the same denomination that I grew up in. Not one of the larger mainlines, but clergy are adequately educated and ordained and we have a national structure.

This is the second congregation I have affiliated with since I have been in Columbus and both were/are interracial. And, like the Methodists, fully inclusive.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#506 Feb 19, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
You omitted a crucial paragraph there, Bob.
Any justification that serves to keep killing those black babies, eh?

Location hidden

#507 Feb 19, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
I posted that link, or one that said the same thing, some days ago.

SL says that's not the real Methodist church.

Location hidden

#508 Feb 19, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Run away from you? Hardly. I was with my husband. A concept you will forever be unfamiliar with.
What name did I call you? Twister? Liar? Cow? They all fit.
Boo!
The following are your exact words, cut and pasted:

"Polled?
Do you base "Thous shalt not kill" on a modern time polling result? Popularity?
Done with this subject, Twister. You adhere to man made beliefs that align with your choices"

Yes--Twister is a name, intended as an insult.

And refusing to answer with "done with this subject" (flinging along that superior little note about my "man made beliefs" crafted to align with my "choices") is a figurative means of running away from the discussion.

And I see that you found a way to bring your husband back into the discussion--and using him to structure yet another insult (that I will never know the "concept" of a husband).

And just to gild the lily adding a few more insulting terms (cow, liar).

Ma'am I congratulate you.

You are indeed a piece of work.

Location hidden

#509 Feb 19, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ASrFufnMNDgXX
Are you accusing the United Methodist Church of genocide?

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#510 Feb 19, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you accusing the United Methodist Church of genocide?
Anyone who supports abortion supports black genocide.
The statistics don't lie.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#511 Feb 19, 2013
Speaking of funny:

(Florence Henderson)

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

(William Shatner)

If you ever wondered who they were spoofing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

#512 Feb 19, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I always wondered myself about those Methodist Episcopal cornerstones you see on some of those old churches, so it was kind of cool to find out the history.
Our original church about a mile 1/2 from me, little white country church with stained glass windows. When I was about 10, they could afford to add a Sunday school onto the back of it and have a place for church dinners. Up until then Sunday School was divided up into groups of pews in the sanctuary. Well, about 15 or 20 years ago they built a newer. bigger church a little further away.

Sold the orininal church to a charter school. The stain glass windows are still there in it, with the names of folks from the area who's families were able to buy the windows upon their deaths. I am always sad that they did not take those stained glass windows and install them on the new church. Ancestors of those people still attend.

I LOVE old buildings. Abandoned farmhouse pull me like a magnet. My family and friends swear I am going to get shot someday while exploring.

Church dinners are still a held around here. Eat in or take out. They're fun.

Location hidden

#513 Feb 19, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
The following are your exact words, cut and pasted:
"Polled?
Do you base "Thous shalt not kill" on a modern time polling result? Popularity?
Done with this subject, Twister. You adhere to man made beliefs that align with your choices"
Yes--Twister is a name, intended as an insult.
And refusing to answer with "done with this subject" (flinging along that superior little note about my "man made beliefs" crafted to align with my "choices") is a figurative means of running away from the discussion.
And I see that you found a way to bring your husband back into the discussion--and using him to structure yet another insult (that I will never know the "concept" of a husband).
And just to gild the lily adding a few more insulting terms (cow, liar).
Ma'am I congratulate you.
You are indeed a piece of work.
Yawn.
Duke for Mayor

United States

#514 Feb 19, 2013
<quoted text>I was referring to its potential ability to corrode the soul, since Dukie is so worried about my salvation. It was funnier than it was foul and it did exceed the funniness quotient of anything that passes for stand-up in this century.
You misinterpret the nature and greatly overestimate the degree of any concern I may have.

woof
Duke for Mayor

United States

#515 Feb 19, 2013
<quoted text>Believe it or not (frankly, I don't care), I don't think I contributed a single post to that thread. As far as its passive entertainment value, it was no worse than watching stand-up comedy.
It was certainly no worse than what you do for a living.
Funny how all of the sudden my occupation has a special place in your heart, huh Paco? Must be the goats and chickens talking.

woof

Location hidden

#516 Feb 19, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ASrFufnMNDgXX
Disgusting and disturbing. Intended and produced to stir hatred of whites, I suppose. No American alive today owned any slaves. And as the one black gentleman pointed out, the thoughts contained therein were not invented by the average white American.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#517 Feb 19, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you READ it? It doesn't look like they are supporting "reproductive freedom" to me.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#518 Feb 19, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how all of the sudden my occupation has a special place in your heart, huh Paco? Must be the goats and chickens talking.
woof
No, it's simply recognition of the fact that your kind has done incredible damage to our society.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#519 Feb 19, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You misinterpret the nature and greatly overestimate the degree of any concern I may have.
woof
Any time we have tied you up from doing more damage is a plus, douche.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#520 Feb 19, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you READ it? It doesn't look like they are supporting "reproductive freedom" to me.
It reads to me that they do not accept abortion except when the kid is deformed or the mother's life is at stake.

They also say this is the church's position but they do not impose it on it's members as "law".

Location hidden

#521 Feb 19, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
The People of the United Methodist Church is not a recognized member of the Methodist conference.

And if you read what this site says, word for word, it opposes abortion, except in the case of life devastating results to the mother or child. That would be death or extreme deformity. And only then after prayer, consultation and much consideration.

And it flat out opposes late term abortion, which you Reader, endorse saying there are circumstances I don't know that can make it 'ok.'

I reject it all, as is my right. I am all about pro-choice. As long as you make the choice BEFORE you become pregnant and take an unborn's child life so it won't disrupt your own.

If society has advanced in no other area, birth control is now readily available if self-control is not.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#522 Feb 19, 2013
<quoted text>No, it's simply recognition of the fact that your kind has done incredible damage to our society.
Ain't that the truth. Just look at the increased child sexual abuse, a big part of which is the result of blended families coming together under the same roof. Those blended families are the direct result of everything these idiots stand for. One day they will be called to account.

Location hidden

#523 Feb 19, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn.
I guess this is where you don't say anything because you are in over your head.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Dispatch publisher John F. Wolfe dies at 72 6 min Contrarian 3
Hillary's speech.. 9 min Seriouslady 91
Is Donald Trump Campaign Falling Apart? 32 min Go Blue Forever 84
British vote to leave EU - Stock Markets rocked 43 min Contrarian 13
News Columbus man pleads guilty to trespassing and a... 2 hr Big Johnson 5
News Clinton, in Columbus speech today, to slam Trum... 2 hr Coronal Stragedy 69
News Max and Erma's-Downtown Read More 8 hr They cannot kill ... 2
Clinton or Trump Thu Posting as myself 61
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages