Hugh Victor Thompson III

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#484 Feb 19, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Well described.
They have been springing up all over the country for years. Not affilated with any organized religion and gathering their parishioners by preaching the 'word' they want to hear. They can slap 'methodist','baptist','all saints', anything they want on there. Doesn't make them legit. I particularly like the 'annointed.' LOL
Tax scams, lonely female magnets, collection basket lifestyles and the "clergy" parking spaces at the hospital to visit the latest shot-uphomies.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#485 Feb 19, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
At least back in the old days people had shame. These sad-sacks need to be told what they're doing is not good, and need to be shown that there is a cause and effect relationship between the things they do and the pathetic things that happen to them.
So consider this a public service, while entertaining myself at the same time.
On the other hand, Bob himself has no shame.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#486 Feb 19, 2013
Nothing funnier than a bunch of phony religious hypocrites arguing over which one of their interpretations of some ancient myths are the REAL ones.

Location hidden

#487 Feb 19, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Polled?
Do you base "Thous shalt not kill" on a modern time polling result? Popularity?
Done with this subject, Twister. You adhere to man made beliefs that align with your choices.
You made a statement that no Methodist Church in your conference supported the UMC's beliefs on reproductive freedom.

And when questioned you call me a name and then run away.

Just a hint--this is not a good way to build credibility.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#488 Feb 19, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
On the other hand, Bob himself has no shame.
Wrong. He never kissed and told about you, him and the Acura...

Location hidden

#489 Feb 19, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Tax scams, lonely female magnets, collection basket lifestyles and the "clergy" parking spaces at the hospital to visit the latest shot-uphomies.
Enjoying your little negative fantasy?
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#490 Feb 19, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know the full history. However, the United Church of Christ is still in existence--hence did not merge in the 60s.
It was the of The Methodist Episcopal Church and the Evangelical United Brethren Church (the German wing) that merged and became the United Methodist Church.

The Evangelical United Brethren Church itself was the result of a previous merger of the Evangelical Church with the Church of the United Brethren in Christ.

Per Wikipedia, but also per some complicated deed work I had to do for a local congregatinon.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#491 Feb 19, 2013
Why are all you people wasting your time here speculating when it's easy enough to Google and find out what the true position of the Methodist church is:

http://www.umc.org/site/apps/nlnet/content.as... {8A1C7083-AD34-47B6-B3FA-E3641 8DE5790}&notoc=1

¶ 161 J) Abortion—The beginning of life and the ending of life are the God-given boundaries of human existence. While individuals have always had some degree of control over when they would die, they now have the awesome power to determine when and even whether new individuals will be born. Our belief in the sanctity of unborn human life makes us reluctant to approve abortion.

But we are equally bound to respect the sacredness of the life and well-being of the mother and the unborn child.

We recognize tragic conflicts of life with life that may justify abortion, and in such cases we support the legal option of abortion under proper medical procedures by certified medical providers. We support parental, guardian, or other responsible adult notification and consent before abortions can be performed on girls who have not yet reached the age of legal adulthood. We cannot affirm abortion as an acceptable means of birth control, and we unconditionally reject it as a means of gender selection or eugenics (see Resolution 3184)[Book of Resolutions].

We oppose the use of late-term abortion known as dilation and extraction (partial-birth abortion) and call for the end of this practice except when the physical life of the mother is in danger and no other medical procedure is available, or in the case of severe fetal anomalies incompatible with life. This procedure shall only be performed by certified medical providers. Before providing their services, abortion providers should be required to offer women the option of anesthesia....
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#492 Feb 19, 2013
the Methodist Church link did not come through instead I'm pasting the Google search link:

http://www.google.com/search...
Spookhere F trolls

United States

#493 Feb 19, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
It was the of The Methodist Episcopal Church and the Evangelical United Brethren Church (the German wing) that merged and became the United Methodist Church.
The Evangelical United Brethren Church itself was the result of a previous merger of the Evangelical Church with the Church of the United Brethren in Christ.
Per Wikipedia, but also per some complicated deed work I had to do for a local congregatinon.
See plenty of corner stones on churches with the old congregation names that are now Baptist or UMC or some small.independent after the original congregation moved or failed.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#494 Feb 19, 2013
Cutting to the chase of the Methodist Church's position:

Our belief in the sanctity of unborn human life makes us reluctant to approve abortion.

We oppose the use of late-term abortion known as dilation and extraction (partial-birth abortion) and call for the end of this practice except when the physical life of the mother is in danger and no other medical procedure is available, or in the case of severe fetal anomalies incompatible with life.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#495 Feb 19, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Enjoying your little negative fantasy?
It's reality, Reader. My wife sees the "clergy" at her workplace everyday.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#496 Feb 19, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
Nothing funnier than a bunch of phony religious hypocrites arguing over which one of their interpretations of some ancient myths are the REAL ones.
Nothing sadder than an atheist who refuses like a pouting child to recognize the foundations of our civilization and is too vain and angry to accept that there exists a power that far exceeds humanity on every level.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#497 Feb 19, 2013
Spookhere F trolls wrote:
<quoted text>
See plenty of corner stones on churches with the old congregation names that are now Baptist or UMC or some small.independent after the original congregation moved or failed.
I always wondered myself about those Methodist Episcopal cornerstones you see on some of those old churches, so it was kind of cool to find out the history.
Spookhere F trolls

United States

#498 Feb 19, 2013
<quoted text>It's reality, Reader. My wife sees the "clergy" at her workplace everyday.
I hope she has her money safely locked up at work

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#499 Feb 19, 2013
<quoted text>Tax scams, lonely female magnets, collection basket lifestyles and the "clergy" parking spaces at the hospital to visit the latest shot-uphomies.
Spot on. I sat with my mother and her widowed friend while the woman cried when her 'Baptist' minister who had been holding services in a high school gym on Sundays had been exposed as a fraud and had taken off with over $70,000. of 'church' funds. That was 15 years ago.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#500 Feb 19, 2013
<quoted text>Nothing sadder than an atheist who refuses like a pouting child to recognize the foundations of our civilization and is too vain and angry to accept that there exists a power that far exceeds humanity on every level.
There is an amazing story in the news today about how there is a race on to find pieces of the meteor as quickly as possible. The reason? they test these things and various isotopes and other particles contained on these meteors degrade within days. NASA astronomers have uncovered amino acids—the fundamental foundation for life—in a place where they shouldn't be. The acids—precursors of proteins—have been unexpectedly found inside fragments of previously superheated meteorites that landed in northern Sudan in 2008.

So these amino acids just happened by themselves?

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#501 Feb 19, 2013
Spookhere F trolls wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope she has her money safely locked up at work
They lock up their purses.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#502 Feb 19, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
You made a statement that no Methodist Church in your conference supported the UMC's beliefs on reproductive freedom.
http://archives.umc.org/interior.asp...

Location hidden

#503 Feb 19, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
Cutting to the chase of the Methodist Church's position:
Our belief in the sanctity of unborn human life makes us reluctant to approve abortion.
We oppose the use of late-term abortion known as dilation and extraction (partial-birth abortion) and call for the end of this practice except when the physical life of the mother is in danger and no other medical procedure is available, or in the case of severe fetal anomalies incompatible with life.
You omitted a crucial paragraph there, Bob.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump the Liar 3 min BizzyBee 232
people concerned about immigration are not racist 6 min Pee Bee and Jay 2
Hillary for POTUS 7 min BizzyBee 2
Gasp! Emails.....created crisis 11 min BizzyBee 27
Don't trust Google... 2 hr UTrashy 47
Trump and Putin have ties..... 6 hr d pants 48
Open season on Cops 6 hr d pants 116
why is chelsea clinton so ugly? (Apr '14) 6 hr UTrashy 74
Donald Trump - Dangerous 6 hr Pale Rider 26

Columbus Jobs