Hugh Victor Thompson III

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#444 Feb 19, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
It was. And that was the second making of it. I forget who was in the 1940 or 1950 version.
Real romantic date movie, Bud.
At that age, in those days, a guy had to sit through some movies he thought he'd never see. That's how I was also treated to "Tess," "The Blue Lagoon," "The French Lieutenant's Woman," and others.
The payoff was usually worth it.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#445 Feb 19, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
When things are slow at work, there's nothing better than a good old flame war to keep me from getting bored. It didn't hurt when the information came out that she "might" have been a Stripper. And this was probably true given where the accident occured and her previous driving record.
It was so funny that my wife and her coworkers were checking in on it at her work. They thought it was a hoot.
VADoc

Warrenville, SC

#446 Feb 19, 2013
I remember one hospital I worked for had 3 urgent cares in a small city and the only people who used it seemed to be private insurance carriers. Most of our Medicaid patients still used the ER. Hell we have put one in Walmart and they didn't use it.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#447 Feb 19, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>It was so funny that my wife and her coworkers were checking in on it at her work. They thought it was a hoot.
The funniest thing to me was the fundraiser they had to collect money to pay for her funeral. It was at some bar on the west side, with the entire Columbus stripper community coming out with their dollar bills from the night before. Okay, I embellished a little about the dollar bills, otherwise you can't make this stuff up!
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#448 Feb 19, 2013
... The other funny things that came out were about her dirtball boyfriend, with tats, just released from prison for manslaughter. And if I remember correctly, she was rechristened "Crashley" ... lol.
Spookhere F trolls

United States

#449 Feb 19, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
The funniest thing to me was the fundraiser they had to collect money to pay for her funeral. It was at some bar on the west side, with the entire Columbus stripper community coming out with their dollar bills from the night before. Okay, I embellished a little about the dollar bills, otherwise you can't make this stuff up!
Wonder if some had a big winner from the track give then two dollar bills?

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#450 Feb 19, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't watch even if I was interested. Conflicts with Justified.
Reader, no doubt, was a technical advisor. Hey George, did I ever tell you my big brother was techincal advisor on both The Champ with John Voight and Let it Ride with Richard Dreyfus? That'll drive her nuts. But wait, he was in The Champ and had a speaking line.

Location hidden

#451 Feb 19, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
First I never tied autisim and IQ of 70 or less together. That was more of your twisting. And I have no reason to 'fall back' when dealing with you.
You come back and said I must be referring to two Mexican gentlemen who work for my husband? Duh. what?
Why you insinuated that Mexicans have a low IQ was never answered by you. Added to ther fact that Santoro and Arutoro were never in the conversation.
My husband and I know the autistic adult sons of two friends and residents of the school I visit frequently for mentally challenged children that is close to my home. They are not all autistic. Neither were the children I worked with on my college summer break. There are many forms of retardation.
I don't know that they've found a name for your's just yet.
Retardation and autism are two completely different things. Autism is not a form of retardation--get it?

I have answered you multiple times about my response. I was not insinuating anything about Mexicans in general, only about the two that you claim, who along with your friends with limited IQ, are both, I suspect, wholly imaginary.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#452 Feb 19, 2013
And then some of Crashley's friends started posting under "RIP Ashley" ... and someone else started posting under the user name "stRIP Ashley"

http://www.topix.com/forum/columbus/T0J1DTGB2...

The general rule around here is that if someone dies a Darwinesque death and people use Topix to post their sympathy cards, they get attacked.

But what made that thread so long was all the trolls from TM8 who joined in ostensibly to try to help spare the victim from our mean attacks. They took a thread that would have died on its own and turned it into a 3600 post cluster f0ck by being so "helpful".

Location hidden

#453 Feb 19, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
No I wasn't. My position is firm. It has not changed in my lifetime and won't.
You even referenced the Church of Reproductive Choice or some nonsense I'm not going back to look for, quite extensively and you were in harmony with their thinking.
What 'pro-choice' sounds better to you than 'pro-abortion?' It is what it is. As far as late term abortion, you were chiding me that I 'didn't understand the reasons' a woman had done that. Hence, you approve of late term abortions. At least have courage for your convictions. We all know what they are.
Go away.
No, there is no Church of Reproductive Choice--at least not referenced by me. There is a group, supported by a number of Protestant denominations called the Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice. It is supported by your own denomination (United Methodist), something you tried to deny by claiming that the United Methodist Church was just a splinter group of Real Mehtodism (yes--I just made that name up) formed by two ministers in the mid 1960s.

Most of the denominations are supportive because they recognize the complexity of the choice issue as well as being supportive of comprehensive sorts of reproductive health--and life after birth.

Location hidden

#454 Feb 19, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
And then some of Crashley's friends started posting under "RIP Ashley" ... and someone else started posting under the user name "stRIP Ashley"
http://www.topix.com/forum/columbus/T0J1DTGB2...
The general rule around here is that if someone dies a Darwinesque death and people use Topix to post their sympathy cards, they get attacked.
But what made that thread so long was all the trolls from TM8 who joined in ostensibly to try to help spare the victim from our mean attacks. They took a thread that would have died on its own and turned it into a 3600 post cluster f0ck by being so "helpful".
Apparently you haven't invented anything new. Most newspapers have stopped posting links to Obits and the ones that funeral homes use are moderated. Trashing funeral sites seems to be a sick game all over the country. I recall a discussion on NPR not to long ago that centered internet relationships and some of the strange stuff that grows from anonymity.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#455 Feb 19, 2013
Good sample post for SeriousLady:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/pataskala-oh/...
Duke for Mayor

Canton, OH

#456 Feb 19, 2013
<quoted text>Yeah, but the one Reader is referring to is known as the "Ashley Kisses the Guardrail" thread. A true monster that started with a single car crash on I-71 in downtown Columbus at three in the morning on a hot July overnight. It quickly became a free for all with posters from dozens of states, overseas, Topix moderators, hundreds of pulled posts, the thread pulled at least ten times and then restored, Bob saving and restoring all the pulled posts ten or more times, the threat of lawsuits, legal snail mail, angry relatives, cries for blood, and posts that numbered over 4000 at one point.
Truly unprecedented in Columbus Topix history.
Just wondering.

Is there a catechism class on that sort of activity, and if so, what's the RCC's position?

woof
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#457 Feb 19, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you haven't invented anything new. Most newspapers have stopped posting links to Obits and the ones that funeral homes use are moderated. Trashing funeral sites seems to be a sick game all over the country. I recall a discussion on NPR not to long ago that centered internet relationships and some of the strange stuff that grows from anonymity.
I only trash Darwin Award winners and you have to admit that a stripper with umpteen OVI's, who was just nailed for the same thing in the several weeks preceeding her accident, living with a paroled murderer, and with two bastard babies, and on the way home from a night of stripping is just begging to be ridiculed by someone like me.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#458 Feb 19, 2013
The victim's last live-in boyfriend, not to be confused with her babydaddy/daddies ...

http://www.drc.ohio.gov/offendersearch/Detail...

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#459 Feb 19, 2013
Spookhere F trolls wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonder if some had a big winner from the track give then two dollar bills?
That made me smile that you knew that, Spookerini

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#460 Feb 19, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wondering.
Is there a catechism class on that sort of activity, and if so, what's the RCC's position?
woof
Believe it or not (frankly, I don't care), I don't think I contributed a single post to that thread. As far as its passive entertainment value, it was no worse than watching stand-up comedy.
It was certainly no worse than what you do for a living.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#461 Feb 19, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Retardation and autism are two completely different things. Autism is not a form of retardation--get it?
I have answered you multiple times about my response. I was not insinuating anything about Mexicans in general, only about the two that you claim, who along with your friends with limited IQ, are both, I suspect, wholly imaginary.
As I said, different types of mentally challenged children and adults attend the same schools. Many hold full time jobs.

As for your contention that all in my life is, and has been, imaginary, I cannot stem the brutal jealousy you harbor against me, someone you have not, nor will ever meet.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#462 Feb 19, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
No, there is no Church of Reproductive Choice--at least not referenced by me. There is a group, supported by a number of Protestant denominations called the Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice. It is supported by your own denomination (United Methodist), something you tried to deny by claiming that the United Methodist Church was just a splinter group of Real Mehtodism (yes--I just made that name up) formed by two ministers in the mid 1960s.
Most of the denominations are supportive because they recognize the complexity of the choice issue as well as being supportive of comprehensive sorts of reproductive health--and life after birth.
The UMC is probably part of the Israel boycotters, doesn't make them right either. Mainline Protestant denominations are led by leftists out of touch with the membership.

The denominations are only supportive because they have political bias, and enjoy being in the power structure.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#463 Feb 19, 2013
<quoted text>Believe it or not (frankly, I don't care), I don't think I contributed a single post to that thread. As far as its passive entertainment value, it was no worse than watching stand-up comedy.
It was certainly no worse than what you do for a living.
Stand up comedy? When was the last time you laughed at something a comedian said? The thread was much better than most comedians. I know that isn't saying much.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bye bye nfl 1 hr fat tired old and... 2
It's September soccer daddy 1 hr d ponts 40
well trump your son and law use private e mail 2 hr trump people use... 1
President Trump:We love the (DACA)Dreamers. We ... 3 hr Male 552
Trump Calls Protesters "Son of Bit--ch" in Alab... 3 hr Sherman 1
Feeble Nancy Pelosi snaps her withered fingers 3 hr Enter Username 17
Trump's Health Services Appointee used Taxpayer... 5 hr Mud, James Mud 18

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance