“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#424 Feb 19, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit splitting hairs. While the psychological conditions of Adam were not perhaps brought about by poor parenting, the outcome was, and perhaps may have been avoided if his mother had kept guns and violent video games out of her house.
What mother attempts to "bond" with her troubled son over a day at the shooting range? And then leaves him unattended without securing the guns by safely locking them up where he couldn't get to them?
I have no idea how she secured the guns, but even a lock and key isn't too likely to stand in the way of someone obsessed with outdoing the murder score of Andrs Breivik.

The fact still remains, however, that kids who present in the way that this one did at a very early age are typically not well handled at school and this one appears to be no different.

I would suggest that by the time this whole thing wound down the woman had plenty of troubles of her own--very likely in the form of PTSD--from the experience of being the primary (and perhaps sole) caretaker for an adult with very serious mental disturbances. And it would appear as though those disturbance had first appeared many years prior.

Location hidden

#425 Feb 19, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't. Could you link up to the example thread, please?
Think back to E. Bob and the onslaught of the trolling moderators. I don't know which threads are still up, but as I recall the first article was about a woman named Ashley who died in an accident.

And with George it has happened too many times to mention--but again the worst examples get yanked when he does.

Location hidden

#426 Feb 19, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
She didn't say that. YOU did.
No--not really.

When challenged about the folks that she knew with an IQ below 70, she fell back on her summer job in college working with people who have autism.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#427 Feb 19, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I call BS - on you. Here's what she said:
<quoted text>
You twisted it, Reader, and there's no getting around it. It has nothing to do with me wanting to play wordsmith, so stop blaming me for your shortcomings.
Sisterly love going out to you WW.
She is such a lying, intellectual snob. Which is her burden, but I am dam tired of her twisting and putting words in my mouth.
My views are no where near hers.
Thanks for being on top of it.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#428 Feb 19, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea how she secured the guns, but even a lock and key isn't too likely to stand in the way of someone obsessed with outdoing the murder score of Andrs Breivik.
The fact still remains, however, that kids who present in the way that this one did at a very early age are typically not well handled at school and this one appears to be no different.
I would suggest that by the time this whole thing wound down the woman had plenty of troubles of her own--very likely in the form of PTSD--from the experience of being the primary (and perhaps sole) caretaker for an adult with very serious mental disturbances. And it would appear as though those disturbance had first appeared many years prior.
A very long article that ties into tonight's broadcast:

COURANT/FRONTLINE INVESTIGATION
Who Was Adam Lanza, And What Was The Nature Of His Relationship With His Mother?
Watch The FRONTLINE Special Tues., Feb. 19 at 10 p.m.(check your local listings)

Raising Adam Lanza
February 17, 2013|By ALAINE GRIFFIN, agriffin@courant.com, and JOSH KOVNER, jkovner@courant.com, The Hartford Courant
http://articles.courant.com/2013-02-17/news/h...

Location hidden

#429 Feb 19, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Not in such epic fashion lasting approximately 28 straight hours and ending with his final three or four posts resembling something you'd see from a stroke victim who used English as a third language.
No--I think that the record is still held by E.Bob with his epic reposting of all removed posts and threads in the Ashley What's Her Name case.

That went on for days and he was not only taking his issues out on people who post here, he was taking on the whole moderation system.

Location hidden

#430 Feb 19, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you familiar with the concept of paraphrasing?
If you're going to quote me....do it exactly. Or, as I suggested, just skip my posts and I'll keep you out of mine.

And no, in my opinion, you cannot be pro-abortion, as in 'abortion on demand, late term abortion' as you have said you and your pastor are, and be Christians. You have verified on numerous occasions, in numerous threads, that the above is your stance and that of your 'church.'

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#431 Feb 19, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
No--I think that the record is still held by E.Bob with his epic reposting of all removed posts and threads in the Ashley What's Her Name case.
That went on for days and he was not only taking his issues out on people who post here, he was taking on the whole moderation system.
But in Bob's case, he was funny, he was coherent, he wasn't contradicting a year's worth of his previous posts, he didn't turn on people and he didn't disappear afterwards.

Location hidden

#432 Feb 19, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're going to quote me....do it exactly. Or, as I suggested, just skip my posts and I'll keep you out of mine.
And no, in my opinion, you cannot be pro-abortion, as in 'abortion on demand, late term abortion' as you have said you and your pastor are, and be Christians. You have verified on numerous occasions, in numerous threads, that the above is your stance and that of your 'church.'
I have never defined such specifics. I have talked about knowing pastors (and yes, within the context of my church, but not exclusively) who are pro-choice.

You cannot, however, hear this without making the transformation to "pro-abortion" defined by you as abortion on demand, late-term abortion and so forth.

Again--now your opinion is that neither I, nor most of the ministers that I know (and in point of fact, I know quite a few), nor my church are Christian. But a few days ago you were claiming that you didn't believe any such thing.

Location hidden

#433 Feb 19, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
No--not really.
When challenged about the folks that she knew with an IQ below 70, she fell back on her summer job in college working with people who have autism.
First I never tied autisim and IQ of 70 or less together. That was more of your twisting. And I have no reason to 'fall back' when dealing with you.

You come back and said I must be referring to two Mexican gentlemen who work for my husband? Duh. what?
Why you insinuated that Mexicans have a low IQ was never answered by you. Added to ther fact that Santoro and Arutoro were never in the conversation.

My husband and I know the autistic adult sons of two friends and residents of the school I visit frequently for mentally challenged children that is close to my home. They are not all autistic. Neither were the children I worked with on my college summer break. There are many forms of retardation.

I don't know that they've found a name for your's just yet.

Location hidden

#434 Feb 19, 2013
<quoted text>But in Bob's case, he was funny, he was coherent, he wasn't contradicting a year's worth of his previous posts, he didn't turn on people and he didn't disappear afterwards.
Matter of opinion.

Location hidden

#435 Feb 19, 2013
<quoted text>But in Bob's case, he was funny, he was coherent, he wasn't contradicting a year's worth of his previous posts, he didn't turn on people and he didn't disappear afterwards.
True. That Kroger's meltdown thread was funny. Bob doesn't back down.

Location hidden

#436 Feb 19, 2013
<quoted text>A very long article that ties into tonight's broadcast:
COURANT/FRONTLINE INVESTIGATION
Who Was Adam Lanza, And What Was The Nature Of His Relationship With His Mother?
Watch The FRONTLINE Special Tues., Feb. 19 at 10 p.m.(check your local listings)
Raising Adam Lanza
February 17, 2013|By ALAINE GRIFFIN, agriffin@courant.com, and JOSH KOVNER, jkovner@courant.com, The Hartford Courant
http://articles.courant.com/2013-02-17/news/h...
Can't watch even if I was interested. Conflicts with Justified.

Reader, no doubt, was a technical advisor. Hey George, did I ever tell you my big brother was techincal advisor on both The Champ with John Voight and Let it Ride with Richard Dreyfus? That'll drive her nuts. But wait, he was in The Champ and had a speaking line.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#437 Feb 19, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
True. That Kroger's meltdown thread was funny. Bob doesn't back down.
Yeah, but the one Reader is referring to is known as the "Ashley Kisses the Guardrail" thread. A true monster that started with a single car crash on I-71 in downtown Columbus at three in the morning on a hot July overnight. It quickly became a free for all with posters from dozens of states, overseas, Topix moderators, hundreds of pulled posts, the thread pulled at least ten times and then restored, Bob saving and restoring all the pulled posts ten or more times, the threat of lawsuits, legal snail mail, angry relatives, cries for blood, and posts that numbered over 4000 at one point.
Truly unprecedented in Columbus Topix history.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#438 Feb 19, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't watch even if I was interested. Conflicts with Justified.
Reader, no doubt, was a technical advisor. Hey George, did I ever tell you my big brother was techincal advisor on both The Champ with John Voight and Let it Ride with Richard Dreyfus? That'll drive her nuts. But wait, he was in The Champ and had a speaking line.
Damn...I remember seeing "The Champ" in the theater on a date when I was 16.
What an awful movie.

Location hidden

#439 Feb 19, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never defined such specifics. I have talked about knowing pastors (and yes, within the context of my church, but not exclusively) who are pro-choice.
You cannot, however, hear this without making the transformation to "pro-abortion" defined by you as abortion on demand, late-term abortion and so forth.
Again--now your opinion is that neither I, nor most of the ministers that I know (and in point of fact, I know quite a few), nor my church are Christian. But a few days ago you were claiming that you didn't believe any such thing.
No I wasn't. My position is firm. It has not changed in my lifetime and won't.

You even referenced the Church of Reproductive Choice or some nonsense I'm not going back to look for, quite extensively and you were in harmony with their thinking.

What 'pro-choice' sounds better to you than 'pro-abortion?' It is what it is. As far as late term abortion, you were chiding me that I 'didn't understand the reasons' a woman had done that. Hence, you approve of late term abortions. At least have courage for your convictions. We all know what they are.

Go away.

Location hidden

#440 Feb 19, 2013
<quoted text>Yeah, but the one Reader is referring to is known as the "Ashley Kisses the Guardrail" thread. A true monster that started with a single car crash on I-71 in downtown Columbus at three in the morning on a hot July overnight. It quickly became a free for all with posters from dozens of states, overseas, Topix moderators, hundreds of pulled posts, the thread pulled at least ten times and then restored, Bob saving and restoring all the pulled posts ten or more times, the threat of lawsuits, legal snail mail, angry relatives, cries for blood, and posts that numbered over 4000 at one point.
OMG. Sorry I missed that one. Bet Bob was hysterical.

Yeah, The Champ was filmed at Hialeah racetrack. Brother played himself, with one line....something a horseman would never say. I still chide him for that. Let it Ride might have been filmed there too. I really don't remember which FL track that was.

Location hidden

#441 Feb 19, 2013
<quoted text>Damn...I remember seeing "The Champ" in the theater on a date when I was 16.
What an awful movie.
It was. And that was the second making of it. I forget who was in the 1940 or 1950 version.
Real romantic date movie, Bud.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#442 Feb 19, 2013
<quoted text>Yeah, but the one Reader is referring to is known as the "Ashley Kisses the Guardrail" thread. A true monster that started with a single car crash on I-71 in downtown Columbus at three in the morning on a hot July overnight. It quickly became a free for all with posters from dozens of states, overseas, Topix moderators, hundreds of pulled posts, the thread pulled at least ten times and then restored, Bob saving and restoring all the pulled posts ten or more times, the threat of lawsuits, legal snail mail, angry relatives, cries for blood, and posts that numbered over 4000 at one point.
When things are slow at work, there's nothing better than a good old flame war to keep me from getting bored. It didn't hurt when the information came out that she "might" have been a Stripper. And this was probably true given where the accident occured and her previous driving record.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#443 Feb 19, 2013
Truth be told, that was when the power was out both at home and my office. I was broadcasting from the OSU library at the time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Now it has a name: Crossfire Hurricane 2 hr d pants 188
Sean Hannity 2 hr White Fangs 878
Are Whites A Minority In Columbus? 3 hr Larry Cheese 10
Bet Russia doesn't "OUT " their FBI counterpart... 4 hr Just saying 1
NO lying about the Harry, Meghan Wedding 4 hr Just saying 41
News Columbus to pay $30,000 to man stomped by polic... 9 hr They cannot kill ... 19
News BrewDog opens watering hole in Franklinton Upda... 10 hr They cannot kill ... 2

Columbus Jobs

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages