“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#344 Feb 18, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
The cost of American healthcare is pretty much off the charts by comparison to other countries with similar (or generally better) health care outcomes.
Show me any other nation that doesn't write off 85 year old heart patients.
We get what we pay for. Other countries draw a line at age 70-75 and say, "tough luck."

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#345 Feb 18, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Show me any other nation that doesn't write off 85 year old heart patients.
We get what we pay for. Other countries draw a line at age 70-75 and say, "tough luck."
That is very true. And it's not just elderly patients. They also write off anyone who has a particularly 'tough' or expensive disease to treat. And the care is slower and inferior.

It will be the same way here in two years, if that.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#346 Feb 18, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Countries with far less Third Worlders than us...
That is an idiot's excuse.

Location hidden

#347 Feb 18, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Show me any other nation that doesn't write off 85 year old heart patients.
We write off plenty of people.

Location hidden

#348 Feb 18, 2013
Whoreallycares wrote:
<quoted text>
And it's not about me knowing it, I knew it before I went source hunting to link you to. Hit on one that supports my claim (pretty strongly too) on my first viewed result. I was asking YOU to read it, since you doubted my claims multiple times. Usually i'd call you out and tell you to research it yourself, and just walk away smug, but I don't want to seem like someone who makes hollow claims then does nothing to support them. Every claim I make has at least some level of validity, sometimes I miss a contributing factor or two in the process... but the money-trail never lies.
Money trails? If the American public, at large, knew the true money trail of thier tax money there would be mass revolution from both sides.

Except for Reader.

Location hidden

#349 Feb 18, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
The instance you cite is called fraud. It is against the law. It has nothing to do with whether or not there is an EIC.
Well, no kidding. you think he's the only case? And if I report it........who do you think will do a follow up investigation?

Unsustainable.

Hilliard, OH

#350 Feb 18, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
We write off plenty of people.
Bull. We have illegal aliens on dialysis for years. So spare me.

Hilliard, OH

#351 Feb 18, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the truth. And notice how the British NHS has been systematically decaying over the last 20 years.
That's one of the reasons why.
VADoc

Aiken, SC

#352 Feb 18, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
The cost of American healthcare is pretty much off the charts by comparison to other countries with similar (or generally better) health care outcomes.
Yes and in those other countries they pay far more in taxes and everyone pays. So they yes charge the poor more to fund the programs.

So until they put some skin in the game and help fund the system they enjoy the fruits of so often we will have a funding issue. Poor reader the typical bleeding hear liberal. Wants champagne tastes on a beer budget.

Location hidden

#353 Feb 18, 2013
Whoreallycares wrote:
<quoted text>
And it's not about me knowing it, I knew it before I went source hunting to link you to. Hit on one that supports my claim (pretty strongly too) on my first viewed result. I was asking YOU to read it, since you doubted my claims multiple times. Usually i'd call you out and tell you to research it yourself, and just walk away smug, but I don't want to seem like someone who makes hollow claims then does nothing to support them. Every claim I make has at least some level of validity, sometimes I miss a contributing factor or two in the process... but the money-trail never lies.
IQ does not impress me. My sister's was off the charts. But she was a wonderful, compassionate person. And productive. That's what counts.
Unless you're doing something constructive, what does it matter?
I've seen guys with IQ's under 70 put in a full day's work and get the job done. God Bless them.

The only time I have any comment on IQ is when some state chooses to execute someone with an IQ under 70. I strongly oppose such action.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#354 Feb 18, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn't, Third World populations live less healthy lifestyles.

http://www.cdc.gov/features/dsobesityadults/i...
Spookhere F trolls

Detroit, MI

#355 Feb 18, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>Thank goodness no! Someone thinks they want to "play" and I'm more than happy to engage.
Maybe that is all the skunk wanted to do.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#356 Feb 18, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, ignore cost and charge poor people more.
Hardly. Most people's copays are more than the numbers he suggested, nor did he suggest they be charged the deductible most people have to pay.

Location hidden

#357 Feb 18, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, no kidding. you think he's the only case? And if I report it........who do you think will do a follow up investigation?
Unsustainable.
Well, you got any proof?

But people do get investigated and caught all the time.

One iteration of Obamacare had a remedy. It required more reporting of the sort of contract labor that is easily slid under the table. It wasn't very well liked and it was removed.

Oh, and the folks who didn't like it weren't the folks cheating on their taxes. It was the folks who were going to have to do more reporting.

So--what you gonna do?

Location hidden

#358 Feb 18, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
IQ does not impress me. My sister's was off the charts. But she was a wonderful, compassionate person. And productive. That's what counts.
Unless you're doing something constructive, what does it matter?
I've seen guys with IQ's under 70 put in a full day's work and get the job done. God Bless them.
They were Mexicans, right?

Location hidden

#359 Feb 18, 2013
VADoc wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and in those other countries they pay far more in taxes and everyone pays. So they yes charge the poor more to fund the programs.
So until they put some skin in the game and help fund the system they enjoy the fruits of so often we will have a funding issue. Poor reader the typical bleeding hear liberal. Wants champagne tastes on a beer budget.
Let them eat cake, eh VA?

Location hidden

#360 Feb 18, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn't, Third World populations live less healthy lifestyles.
http://www.cdc.gov/features/dsobesityadults/i...
Ummm, you calling American blacks a Third World population?

Location hidden

#361 Feb 18, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly. Most people's copays are more than the numbers he suggested, nor did he suggest they be charged the deductible most people have to pay.
But, he still wanted the poor to pay more.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#362 Feb 18, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm, you calling American blacks a Third World population?
Not offering my opinions, I was reporting statistics from the CDC

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#363 Feb 18, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
But, he still wanted the poor to pay more.
More than whom?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BREAKING: Ferguson GJ Ruling Reached 29 min They cannot kill ... 9
NO CANADA OIL to TX-OK! 34 min hey now 7
Ronald Reagan gave blanket amnesty to 3 million... 44 min Karl 27
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 1 hr Neutral Party 4,590
WTVN Radio Legend Bob Conners Dies 1 hr Anonymous 9
impeachment 1 hr They cannot kill ... 72
Murder Suspect Admits To Chopping Up Former Gir... 2 hr They cannot kill ... 3
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 9 hr Nice Try 2,517
Columbus Dating
Find my Match

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:48 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:48PM
Browns "never considered" going to Manziel
Yahoo! Sports 2:19 PM
Man: I was attacked by Manziel entourage
Bleacher Report 2:34 PM
Manziel Should Replace Hoyer as Browns Starter
NBC Sports 2:46 PM
Browns stand by Hoyer despite his struggles - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 4:25 PM
Rapid Recap: Can Cleveland win with Hoyer under center?