Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know what you're talking about and it's late.
Briefly, every investor who put money into Bain made a profit. That is why you invest. Now that would mean a company like Bain Investment Capital, was very sucessful.
Why you're talking about oil company profits and cigarettes in the prior post is beyond me.
They are 2 other examples of crony-corporations and industrys promoted by lobbyists and legislation. They are also two big ticket organizations. They are also both easily viewable on the list of fortune 500 companies I provided you with. They also count for some of the highest profits on the list, so I thought they'd serve as some examples to provide perspective on the utter goliath that is the pharmaceutical industry racket.
Whoreallycares

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405297...

theres some food for both sides of the arguement, and it barely touches on how romney made out despite the performance of the company itself.

I also recall him paying something akin to 18% in last years taxes. I know charity contributions as specified above probably made for a large deduction (if I remember right he didn't deduct the whole amount he could've because he was afraid of the political implications and how it'd look to voters. I don't think 18% did him any favors though. He also makes a fortune off untaxed dividends anyway, so the taxes hardly matter.

meant to add that to the last post.
Whoreallycares

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Oh my, I scrolled that list some for and saw even more categories for speculation. Check all the Health Care tabs, they're all making out awfully big.

I will note that hospital and medical facilities show much lower profits in comparison, so I accept their smaller role.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

VADoc wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep did my taxes 3 weeks ago. Returns just for accepted 2/15. No idea how long it will take to process it. I'm excited. With moving expenses, mortgage interest, student loan interest, and paying out the maximum in taxes for my wife and i all year, we actually don't owe the feds a dime this year and only owe ohio $87. It felt like christmas! Yet my friend who does taxes has told me many of the baby mama crowd are already getting their refunds. And from the looks of all the flat screens I saw rolling out of Walmart this morning as I stopped to get my co-workers some donuts, it looks like most of the 47%'ers are already enjoying their large refunds.
And we wonder why our country has budget problems.
They have not accepted mine yet. Of course it's not like I'm getting a refund. And I claim 'single 0' on my W-4 and 'file Married 2'. My husband, the same.

Doc, it's unsustainable. And not just baby mama's. I did one for a 48 year old man who made, on W-2,$8500.00 last year. All the time he was asking what changes or repairs I needed at home and asking to come 'give me a price.' When he wasn't bothering me, he was handing out business cards to other applicants. Obviously works 'under the table'. He was nicely dressed and had the 'latest greatest' cellphone.

SOB, he paid approx.$1100. in FWT and got $1544. from us taxpayers. He had a EIC of $425 profit.

And, of course, he got all of his state withholding back.

We absolutely cannot sustain this kind of spending. I truly do not think most politicians or the public realize what a scam is going on. That's all you can call it.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Whoreallycares wrote:
Oh my, I scrolled that list some for and saw even more categories for speculation. Check all the Health Care tabs, they're all making out awfully big.
I will note that hospital and medical facilities show much lower profits in comparison, so I accept their smaller role.
You have an IQ of 132 and are tested annually. I'm sure you are way ahead of me.
Whoreallycares

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
You have an IQ of 132 and are tested annually. I'm sure you are way ahead of me.
Was tested annually, that ended a little while back. It got tested because it played into a lot of things. I never viewed 132 as particularly impressive until I read someone post the average is closer to 100. I thought the average was around 115-120. Either way I enjoyed logic and reasoning excercizes, it wasn't really a chore.

When was the last time any of you tested yourselves? You might surprise yourselves... for better or worse. Just watch who you say has a low IQ, because you could find yourself woefully mistaken. It's not something easily inferrable from conversations on an internet forum or anything associated with it.
Whoreallycares

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
And it's not about me knowing it, I knew it before I went source hunting to link you to. Hit on one that supports my claim (pretty strongly too) on my first viewed result. I was asking YOU to read it, since you doubted my claims multiple times. Usually i'd call you out and tell you to research it yourself, and just walk away smug, but I don't want to seem like someone who makes hollow claims then does nothing to support them. Every claim I make has at least some level of validity, sometimes I miss a contributing factor or two in the process... but the money-trail never lies.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
They have not accepted mine yet. Of course it's not like I'm getting a refund. And I claim 'single 0' on my W-4 and 'file Married 2'. My husband, the same.
Doc, it's unsustainable. And not just baby mama's. I did one for a 48 year old man who made, on W-2,$8500.00 last year. All the time he was asking what changes or repairs I needed at home and asking to come 'give me a price.' When he wasn't bothering me, he was handing out business cards to other applicants. Obviously works 'under the table'. He was nicely dressed and had the 'latest greatest' cellphone.
SOB, he paid approx.$1100. in FWT and got $1544. from us taxpayers. He had a EIC of $425 profit.
And, of course, he got all of his state withholding back.
We absolutely cannot sustain this kind of spending. I truly do not think most politicians or the public realize what a scam is going on. That's all you can call it.
The instance you cite is called fraud. It is against the law. It has nothing to do with whether or not there is an EIC.
VADoc

Aiken, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Whoreallycares wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd take the job at an 18k salary, probably do a better job, and give no one any sass. I keep my political, social, and personal opinions out of the workplace and treat everyone with the professional respect they deserve. Thats at work though, I thought everyone did that... people can really get away with being generally abhorrent in the workplace? That's a shame.
Damn right it's a shame. I wanted to backhand her with the way she treated a WWII fighter pilot the other day. I've never seen an employee outright treat a patient so rude and get away with it. She has also outright lied to our direct supervisor about other coworkers. It's a mess.

I know plenty of people who do her job for half the salary and with 4 times the class.
VADoc

Aiken, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Whoreallycares wrote:
<quoted text>
Well considering you're making 1/3 of what you made in private practice I'd say thats a pretty well founded accusation. Honestly the doctors are at the bottom of the chain when it comes to that. Pharmaceuticals have been at the top of ladder scraping more and more off the top for around twenty years.
But every cog in that machine plays a role, whether directly or by not taking action against it.
Do you have any inner workings of how a hospital runs? How billing and coding works? How little we get reimbursed by Medicaid and Medicare? A hospital has to overcharge those who pay cash and have insurance just to keep even. Accepting Medicaid and Medicare means you have to do 1 of 2 things to stay in business.
1. Charge everyone not on this systems more to balance your budget

Or

2. See more patients in each day. This is often what is the normal method. Get em in get em out. That's why most of us always seem like we are in such a rush. I would love to spend 10 minutes with every patient but in reality in the private sector giving 2 minutes was pushing it. This will not get any better with Obamacare. It will get much worse.

“Hi-Yo Silver! Away!”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Whoreallycares wrote:
<quoted text>
Was tested annually, that ended a little while back. It got tested because it played into a lot of things. I never viewed 132 as particularly impressive until I read someone post the average is closer to 100. I thought the average was around 115-120. Either way I enjoyed logic and reasoning excercizes, it wasn't really a chore.
When was the last time any of you tested yourselves? You might surprise yourselves... for better or worse. Just watch who you say has a low IQ, because you could find yourself woefully mistaken. It's not something easily inferrable from conversations on an internet forum or anything associated with it.
Someone who's IQ is 132 and doesn't know or understand the average is 100. Incredible!!! That's the basis for defining IQ. I've known that since I was about 10, and that was in the 60s. Look it it up.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

VADoc wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any inner workings of how a hospital runs? How billing and coding works? How little we get reimbursed by Medicaid and Medicare? A hospital has to overcharge those who pay cash and have insurance just to keep even. Accepting Medicaid and Medicare means you have to do 1 of 2 things to stay in business.
1. Charge everyone not on this systems more to balance your budget
Or
2. See more patients in each day. This is often what is the normal method. Get em in get em out. That's why most of us always seem like we are in such a rush. I would love to spend 10 minutes with every patient but in reality in the private sector giving 2 minutes was pushing it. This will not get any better with Obamacare. It will get much worse.
What solutions do you propose?

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
You know everything...you tell us.
Spookhere F trolls

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>You know everything...you tell us.
Glitter is fired up. Did the skunk try to get you to go on a run with it this morning?

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Spookhere F trolls wrote:
<quoted text>
Glitter is fired up. Did the skunk try to get you to go on a run with it this morning?
Thank goodness no! Someone thinks they want to "play" and I'm more than happy to engage.
VADoc

Aiken, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already posted my solutions. You didn't like them.

If you receive Medicaid funding then you do not get a tax refund. You break even. If you get foodstamps you do not get a tax refund.

Minor co pays for office visits ($3) and $75 copays for ER visits. Waived if they are admitted. No office co pays for wellness checkups. Those of us in healthcare know that preventative care is the best money saving option. Second biggest expense is ER visits. Medicaid users treat the ER like it's their own government funded urgent care. Maybe if they had to put some skin into the game they wouldn't treat it as such. They can wait at urgent care or god forbid call their family doctor, take some OTC meds and see the doctor the next day.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

VADoc wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already posted my solutions. You didn't like them.
If you receive Medicaid funding then you do not get a tax refund. You break even. If you get foodstamps you do not get a tax refund.
Minor co pays for office visits ($3) and $75 copays for ER visits. Waived if they are admitted. No office co pays for wellness checkups. Those of us in healthcare know that preventative care is the best money saving option. Second biggest expense is ER visits. Medicaid users treat the ER like it's their own government funded urgent care. Maybe if they had to put some skin into the game they wouldn't treat it as such. They can wait at urgent care or god forbid call their family doctor, take some OTC meds and see the doctor the next day.
In other words, ignore cost and charge poor people more.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, ignore cost and charge poor people more.
You haven't bled those of us who pay the freight dry enough, have you Reader?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>You haven't bled those of us who pay the freight dry enough, have you Reader?
The cost of American healthcare is pretty much off the charts by comparison to other countries with similar (or generally better) health care outcomes.

Since: Jan 13

Returning with a vengeance

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
The cost of American healthcare is pretty much off the charts by comparison to other countries with similar (or generally better) health care outcomes.
Countries with far less Third Worlders than us...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 4 min ino 30,457
Was Bergdahl Planned ALL ALONG?? 1 hr DEssential 13
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 1 hr DEssential 3,195
Is Pork Spray The New Mace? 2 hr Carlson 5
Did You Vote 4 First Tran Fam? 2 hr They cannot kill ... 4
Michelle Obama f/k/a Michael LaVaughn Robinson 2 hr Carlson 29
Are ISIS and Obama in Cahoots? 2 hr Carlson 7
Where are all the original legacy posters? 2 hr They cannot kill ... 75
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) Tue Truth 2,281
•••