VADoc

Warrenville, SC

#284 Feb 17, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
It is...interesting to talk to one of those big box tax preparers at this time of year. And frankly, I'm tired of hearing people bragging about their return and what they will do with it (nothing responsible so far).
The returns I got in college and graduate school went to my savings account. I have bought one frivolous item with my tax return in the last 15 years. A 40 inch flat screen tv one year because I always wanted one and after several years in school I felt like I needed to treat myself.

The rest were used for the downpayment on my first car and my downpayment on my home. I haven't had a refund the last 5 years. In fact I've owed most years.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#285 Feb 17, 2013
VADoc wrote:
<quoted text>
Shhhhh don't try and explain it to the little fella. Let him keep thinking we overcharge because we all secretly love money and and hate caring for patients. Don't ruin his fantasy!
I love how he talked about being uninsured and having "some paperwork" to fill out and that the payment was no big deal. I'm betting he paid 20 cents on the dollar...if that.
My doc and I go back a long way. As she says, "Your quarterly BP med maintenance visit covers a multitude of sins generated by politicians." At $174 to my insurance company and my $35 copay, it should.
Whoreallycares

Columbus, OH

#286 Feb 17, 2013
My IQ is 132, no lie, been tested consistently on for around 10 years, its fluctuated a bit sure, back in 5th grade it was 138. You should see my ACT scores. I just don't see a lot of room for reason (They're reasoning tests after-all) in most of the posts you make. I don't see much room for anything. I told you, you never have any fucking content.

"quip, quip, broad (probably offensive) remark, broad baseless claim, quip" then do it again. You're like the chorus of some ignorant rap.
Whoreallycares

Columbus, OH

#287 Feb 17, 2013
The funny thing about ugly truths is that they often go unnoticed. You can all keep pushing your pointless pegs around the board, but since you like numbers so much just follow the money, it tells the story for me.
Duke for Mayor

Canton, OH

#288 Feb 17, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>I did. But on this thread, I'm using your leftist tactics.
As soon as you people credit the GOP House of the '90s for the economic boom of that time, and start blaming Obama for the disaster we inhabit today, I'll discount Giuliani's role in the cleansing of NYC.
Its funny when you get called on your bullshit how quickly you change the subject.

Did they teach you that in debate at Colby, or did you learn that at mommy's apron?

woof
Whoreallycares

Columbus, OH

#289 Feb 17, 2013
<quoted text>I love how he talked about being uninsured and having "some paperwork" to fill out and that the payment was no big deal. I'm betting he paid 20 cents on the dollar...if that.
My doc and I go back a long way. As she says, "Your quarterly BP med maintenance visit covers a multitude of sins generated by politicians." At $174 to my insurance company and my $35 copay, it should.
They shoved the paperwork at me, got the jist they didn't see many people come in without it. I paid full price first few visits... like OSU needed it, it got reduced to about 40% of that, original charge was around 200 for a 30-60 minute visit (the doc wasn't very timely). I don't know whether you feel thats reasonable or not, but it was steep for the situation. Thats not counting blood tests, some astoundingly overpriced diagnostic procedures (thats what really gets you, and where some of the biggest doctor/insurance cost hiking comes into play), and a few treatments (mostly prescriptions), I was happy for anything reducing the cost. I got sent a prescription discount card too, to get my medicine cheaper since I was uninsured. I used that everytime but bought generics.

Your copay is far far too much for your premium, or is it a family plan? Then the low premium high copay makes sense... but I get the sense you're still getting a raw deal. Guess they don't treat you too well where you work?

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#290 Feb 17, 2013
Whoreallycares wrote:
<quoted text>
They shoved the paperwork at me, got the jist they didn't see many people come in without it. I paid full price first few visits... like OSU needed it, it got reduced to about 40% of that, original charge was around 200 for a 30-60 minute visit (the doc wasn't very timely). I don't know whether you feel thats reasonable or not, but it was steep for the situation. Thats not counting blood tests, some astoundingly overpriced diagnostic procedures (thats what really gets you, and where some of the biggest doctor/insurance cost hiking comes into play), and a few treatments (mostly prescriptions), I was happy for anything reducing the cost. I got sent a prescription discount card too, to get my medicine cheaper since I was uninsured. I used that everytime but bought generics.
Your copay is far far too much for your premium, or is it a family plan? Then the low premium high copay makes sense... but I get the sense you're still getting a raw deal. Guess they don't treat you too well where you work?
I have four people on my plan, kid. But I'm thrilled to know that I'm paying for you as well.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#291 Feb 17, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Its funny when you get called on your bullshit how quickly you change the subject.
Did they teach you that in debate at Colby, or did you learn that at mommy's apron?
woof
The subject was never changed, douche. The placing of blame was...I decided to play by your rules, and it just burns your ass.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#292 Feb 17, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
It is...interesting to talk to one of those big box tax preparers at this time of year. And frankly, I'm tired of hearing people bragging about their return and what they will do with it (nothing responsible so far).
Those big box preparers get theirs off the top. They hand out cash refunds, AKA loans, less the tax prep charges.
Wait what

Columbus, OH

#293 Feb 17, 2013
Whoreallycares wrote:
My IQ is 132, no lie, been tested consistently on for around 10 years, its fluctuated a bit sure, back in 5th grade it was 138. You should see my ACT scores. I just don't see a lot of room for reason (They're reasoning tests after-all) in most of the posts you make. I don't see much room for anything. I told you, you never have any fucking content.
"quip, quip, broad (probably offensive) remark, broad baseless claim, quip" then do it again. You're like the chorus of some ignorant rap.
And yet, you don't know that hospitals have free care available and believe that hospitals profit from capital gains? Gawd, how I love a braggart (not).
Duke for Mayor

Canton, OH

#294 Feb 17, 2013
<quoted text>The subject was never changed, douche. The placing of blame was...I decided to play by your rules, and it just burns your ass.
Keep telling yourself that Paco. There's only one person here who believes that.

woof
Wait what

Columbus, OH

#295 Feb 17, 2013
Whoreallycares wrote:
<quoted text>
If you accept capital is money, and a gain is... well a gain then I don't see whats so wrong with putting that there. So its a service and not a commodity, point is they're making out with more than their putting in by passing the costs to the consumer. You might as well be picking on my grammar again because you are still completely ignoring content in your posts alltogether. You make a couple quips, declare something unfounded, then do it again a few minutes later. Do you have any personal ideas (you know the ones that come from careful reflection) that aren't influenced by your ceaseless bias? I really don't have any love for the liberal agenda... I think republicans are just higher on my annoyance spectrum right now, there are 5 republican blowhards for every outspoken democrat. You're making your own bad reputation, and argue/attack/complain more than you propose. It'll get you nowhere.
Wow. Lemme guess - you wanna be a CPA when you grow up?
Whoreallycares

Columbus, OH

#296 Feb 17, 2013
Yah, call me nuts, my teachers at the time couldn't believe it either. They pulled me aside after school let out that day to talk to me about the implications of the score I recieved. They retested me twice that year, with similar results. I was tested every couple of years up through the end of school. OGT was a joke. COMPASS test was a joke. Should of seen my ASVAB scores too. ACT was more difficult but I took a practice test offered by my school.

I was already in a gifted program but that kept up until my highschool took quite a few financial hits. They chose to cut most of the top tier classes rather than the lower tier classes (thanks no child left behind). I didn't live in the best area, it used to be a very nice small community, but it got a lot worse over the years and the community stopped passing the levys our school desperately needed. I had so many classes in modulars I might as well have been recieving schooling in a trailer park.

I am nuts. Would have to be crazy to keep wasting time here. I think the reason is i've had a lot of venting (towards the whole republican/bigheaded/rhetoric loaded racist thing) and not outlet for it... and quite a few of you fit the formulaic mold perfectly. Its like the GOP cookie-cutters you guys with the same ridiculous notions. I actually thought the people posting most of that trash was just a few democrats making the republicans look stupid by drawing attention to how ridiculous they are in a political arguement (I mean I believed there couldn't be THAT many bigots and racists in this country. Was my mistake).

You're ignorant enough I bet you donated to Zimmerman. The big question is whether you donated once or twice, donating again after he admitted to blowing through the first 300k, that'd prove you ignorant beyond any shadow of a doubt, donating the first time just creates an assumption of ignorance.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#297 Feb 17, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep telling yourself that Paco. There's only one person here who believes that.
woof
There's only one person here who believes you're a lawyer, douche.
Wait what

Columbus, OH

#298 Feb 17, 2013
Whoreallycares wrote:
<quoted text>
I sense a touch of envy and an abandonment of your belief that tax-breaks stimulate the economy. Oh, I get it, that only works if they give money to YOU, I see, you're just another taker. What about all those corporate tax breaks, do they make you jealous too? Wonder where that money will go. Think they'll pass that on to their employees to spend in the natural economy? or hand it out in bonus's or pass more big-bucks to their lobbyists to do it all over again, who i'd guess have little need to spend more because
You're obviously way too young to sense a whole lot of anything. Find me a post where I said tax breaks stimulate the economy. And I'm a taker, REALLY? And FYI, I'm the first to post about the lobbyists who controlled the health reform. Further, I don't believe that if you're a struggling parent you should be blowing your refund on crap. Sue me.

Go educate yourself on what a capital tax gain actually is. I never thought I'd see someone out of their league on Topix - today's the day.
Wait what

Columbus, OH

#299 Feb 17, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Those big box preparers get theirs off the top. They hand out cash refunds, AKA loans, less the tax prep charges.
What does that have to do with them telling me about who is getting the refunds and what the person getting the refund has told the preparer they are going to do with said refund?

Further, if lower income people are so stupid to pay - because lower incomes get their taxes prepared for free - then they should hook up with that young dude above. GAWD.
Whoreallycares

Columbus, OH

#300 Feb 17, 2013
I wasn't trying to brag, but I wont accept being called ignorant by someone so utterly dense anymore. Dense, I like that, fits you pretty well Hugh. I mean they'll judge all my posts with the SAME little captions anyway, don't know why I took offense to them calling me nuts for the --th time. Guess it was because I was presenting facts which I knew to be unquestionable, they were federal tests the scores are in a database somewhere... I still have my 5th grade copy. You can't really fake that or argue when i'm not proposing anything or promoting any opinions.
Wait what

Columbus, OH

#301 Feb 17, 2013
Whoreallycares wrote:
Yah, call me nuts, my teachers at the time couldn't believe it either. They pulled me aside after school let out that day to talk to me about the implications of the score I recieved. They retested me twice that year, with similar results. I was tested every couple of years up through the end of school. OGT was a joke. COMPASS test was a joke. Should of seen my ASVAB scores too. ACT was more difficult but I took a practice test offered by my school.
I was already in a gifted program but that kept up until my highschool took quite a few financial hits. They chose to cut most of the top tier classes rather than the lower tier classes (thanks no child left behind). I didn't live in the best area, it used to be a very nice small community, but it got a lot worse over the years and the community stopped passing the levys our school desperately needed. I had so many classes in modulars I might as well have been recieving schooling in a trailer park.
I am nuts. Would have to be crazy to keep wasting time here. I think the reason is i've had a lot of venting (towards the whole republican/bigheaded/rhetoric loaded racist thing) and not outlet for it... and quite a few of you fit the formulaic mold perfectly. Its like the GOP cookie-cutters you guys with the same ridiculous notions. I actually thought the people posting most of that trash was just a few democrats making the republicans look stupid by drawing attention to how ridiculous they are in a political arguement (I mean I believed there couldn't be THAT many bigots and racists in this country. Was my mistake).
You're ignorant enough I bet you donated to Zimmerman. The big question is whether you donated once or twice, donating again after he admitted to blowing through the first 300k, that'd prove you ignorant beyond any shadow of a doubt, donating the first time just creates an assumption of ignorance.
Go to bed, troll.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#302 Feb 17, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I do.
Even the most self-obsessed should be aware than poor health has ramifications that go far beyond the individual.
Every one of them.... us... is replaceable. An individual's health is irrelevant outside a very small circle. But then liberals think they ARE God, so your logic is at least understandable, if faulty.
Whoreallycares

Columbus, OH

#303 Feb 17, 2013
I know what a capital gain is. I know its primarily used when someone makes a profit off some commodity exchange where the value fluctuates readily. I just saw a parallel to the way the medical racket handled its affairs and the concept of making a gain by selling something for more than you think its worth. It's not the best parallel, but its not like it was the CENTER of the fucking arguement. I can't read ALL of EVERYONES posts all the time. And I know you aren't a taker, or at least assumed you weren't, but thats me joking in the manner I saw so common here. Alright, maybe I made an identity slip, must've read that from someone else, but its a pretty fundamental conservative concept I feel holds very little water in todays economy, I read it from a lot of people. Are you and the other what wait what guy the same? I mean you don't actually have an attributable identity, so you're not as easily recognizable as those with accounts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colin Kaepernick continues to sit through US na... 1 min Male 36
Trump will win, wait and see just watch 2 min c Hummertime ... 6
Trump's Wall 8 min Free Pizza 4 U 10
Should the GOP cut its loses? 15 min Duke for Mayor 1,028
News White students disproportionately use Ohio scho... 39 min Christ is Arisen 25
Trump the Liar 52 min Pope Che Reagan C... 956
News Should Columbus council members' jobs be full-t... 1 hr 404 not found 2

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages