Wait what

Columbus, OH

#243 Feb 17, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
And ...?
And with a comment such as "Boehner sent Congress home", you needed to be educated.
Duke for Mayor

Canton, OH

#244 Feb 17, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Really? Funny...Rudy Giuliani managed it in a city two and a half times the size. Murders decreased by 70% over the eight years his was in office.
Did I mention he was a Republican?
Well Paco, there are plenty of people out there much closer to that situation and more informed than you who have a different opinion about that.

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/08/13/...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markbergen/2012/0...

woof
Wait what

Columbus, OH

#245 Feb 17, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, long on criticism, short on solutions.
I've got news for you, Reader - you can write your representative, go see them in person, call them, email, etc., all you want - but in the end, they do what those who feed them financially tell them to do. And the "people" are not who I mean. In the case of health reform, it was the insurance companies, pharmaceutical companies, etc.

You really do live in your own little world, don't you?
Wait what

Columbus, OH

#246 Feb 17, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Furthermore, you need to wake up to the fact that going on and on on Topix with your "solutions" will not change a thing.
Wait what

Columbus, OH

#247 Feb 17, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Paco, there are plenty of people out there much closer to that situation and more informed than you who have a different opinion about that.
woof
Not the best example, because next up is his moral conduct while in office. It's true he has received a number of political props on his management, but I never could get past the honey in a condo thing. Get a divorce, for crying out loud!
Duke for Mayor

Canton, OH

#248 Feb 17, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Not the best example, because next up is his moral conduct while in office. It's true he has received a number of political props on his management, but I never could get past the honey in a condo thing. Get a divorce, for crying out loud!
The honey in the condo had as much to do with the decline in crime as his "broken windows" policy did.

Maybe every big city mayor should get one.

woof

Hugh Victor Thompson III

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#249 Feb 17, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
But you agree that the power does not rest with the President, correct?
Have you ever heard of the term, "bully pulpit"? And I mean where it deals with addressing the root cause, which ain't firearms,

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#250 Feb 17, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
woof
The numbers don't lie. You people give all the credit for the '90s economy to Clinton and all the blame for everything from November 7, 2000 to this day to Bush.
Deal with it.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#251 Feb 17, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
You're assuming that this is a problem that someone besides the individual involved should be solving.
Duke for Mayor

Canton, OH

#252 Feb 17, 2013
<quoted text>The numbers don't lie. You people give all the credit for the '90s economy to Clinton and all the blame for everything from November 7, 2000 to this day to Bush.
Deal with it.
Numbers are inanimate. People tend to utilize them in the fashion you are here: they spit them out as if they explain some circumstance in its entirety, when in reality there are several other factors at play in the cause/effect dynamic that aren't being mentioned whatsoever.

Its a silly game to play Paco. They should have taught you that in sophomore statistics class at Colby.

woof

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#253 Feb 17, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Numbers are inanimate. People tend to utilize them in the fashion you are here: they spit them out as if they explain some circumstance in its entirety, when in reality there are several other factors at play in the cause/effect dynamic that aren't being mentioned whatsoever.
Its a silly game to play Paco. They should have taught you that in sophomore statistics class at Colby.
woof
Sorry, douche...I'm using your tactics on this thread.
How does that grab you?
Duke for Mayor

Canton, OH

#254 Feb 17, 2013
<quoted text>Sorry, douche...I'm using your tactics on this thread.
How does that grab you?
Soooo....never took statistics at Colby, huh Fred?

woof

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#255 Feb 17, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Soooo....never took statistics at Colby, huh Fred?
woof
I did. But on this thread, I'm using your leftist tactics.
As soon as you people credit the GOP House of the '90s for the economic boom of that time, and start blaming Obama for the disaster we inhabit today, I'll discount Giuliani's role in the cleansing of NYC.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#256 Feb 17, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
And with a comment such as "Boehner sent Congress home", you needed to be educated.
There is no magic in the published schedule and they are days away from their next sequestration crisis. Some members of the house preferred to extend the session to get some needed work done. As Speaker, Boehner chose instead to adjourn.
Where is LIG

Delaware, OH

#257 Feb 17, 2013
<quoted text>Have you ever heard of the term, "bully pulpit"? And I mean where it deals with addressing the root cause, which ain't firearms,
You ARE the bully you pile of crap!
Whoreallycares

Columbus, OH

#258 Feb 17, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
I took it as a sarcastic quip. Like how Republicans on this forum constantly blame things congress does or doesn't do on Obama despite the fact hes from a different branch of the government alltogether. If its not Obama its some Democratic punching bag picked by the context...Usually ignoring the other elephants in the room.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#259 Feb 17, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're assuming that this is a problem that someone besides the individual involved should be solving.
Yes, I do.

Even the most self-obsessed should be aware than poor health has ramifications that go far beyond the individual.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#260 Feb 17, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no magic in the published schedule and they are days away from their next sequestration crisis. Some members of the house preferred to extend the session to get some needed work done. As Speaker, Boehner chose instead to adjourn.
As did Reid and Obama in their respective positions.
Having a bad night tonight, Reader?

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#261 Feb 17, 2013
Whoreallycares wrote:
<quoted text>
I took it as a sarcastic quip. Like how Republicans on this forum constantly blame things congress does or doesn't do on Obama despite the fact hes from a different branch of the government alltogether. If its not Obama its some Democratic punching bag picked by the context...Usually ignoring the other elephants in the room.
But you call yourself a Libertarian, huh? You sure seem to like Dems over the GOP in all your brain dead posts, kid. Why is that?

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#262 Feb 17, 2013
Where is LIG wrote:
<quoted text>
You ARE the bully you pile of crap!
Perhaps you need a therapist if you feel that threatened, dear.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary praises KKK head, Byrd. 2 min Duke for Mayor 41
Should the GOP cut its loses? 5 min Duke for Mayor 945
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 22 min 3Dliez 1,359
Big Johnson 45 min 404 not found 41
Dying Veteran records Dr's comment about care.. 52 min d pants 21
Please help me find the love of my life 1 hr 404 not found 129
News Ohioans gambling have lost $9.7 billion over fo... 1 hr Big Johnson 2

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance