Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
First, I acknowledge you with much distaste.
Inherited real property. Land. Which I prompty placed in agricultrual preservation to honor my parents, devaluing it, and from which I reap a very small sum from leasing as cropland.
Everything I have other than that, I earned. Now go back underground.
Your stories change faster than Reality Speaks'.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
My mom always cautioned against comparing yourself to others. She said you'd always come up worst or better and either way it was of no use to you because you had to make your own way without excuses.
You sure didn't learn that lesson, did you? You are always telling everybody how you are smarter than them, wealthier than them, more self made than them, more Christian than them...
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Bring Mitt Romney in there. He'll do what he did with the Olympics.
Oh wait...we missed that opportunity, didn't we?
You mean he would use a bunch of money from the Federal Government?

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean he would use a bunch of money from the Federal Government?
And turn a profit...

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

VADoc wrote:
<quoted text>
I grew up there. Many people either worked in coal or on the river or worked for welfare. Military was often another job. Now once Obama destroys the coal industry southeast Ohio will be destroyed.
I know plenty of families that are on their 4th generation of welfare recipients. Many consider if a job.
Well, Doc, the military families and the local businesses that support them and defense are going to be in the same shape as the coal mining regions. Virginia Beach, Norfolk and Chesapeake, VA are listening closely to these possible defense cuts, I can tell you that from personal knowledge.

Coal mining goes deeper than four generations, I believe. Proud people and I am concerned for them. They are not the type to take hand outs easily.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>And turn a profit...
The Olympics are for profit?

http://www.rightspeak.net/2012/02/mitt-romney...

http://www.wbur.org/2012/10/19/romney-olympic...

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-02-19/s...

“Hi-Yo Silver! Away!”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been to Roadhouse. Not expensive at all, don't even find it all that great of food. For your edification, here's the menu:
http://ww7.texasroadhouse.com/NMotion/Menus/M... (1212-10-1A).pdf
$50 for dinner for two isn't horrible. Pretty much in line with places like Olive Garden, Smokey Bones, and comparable chains.
This isn't 1960 where a burger sells for 50 cents and you're going to the malt shop with your steady using the money you made as a paperboy...
Thanks so much for the menu and the other patronizing junk, but I've eaten there, and paid the bill.

No wonder you guys bitch about taxes so much if you don't think $50 for two is horrible. We would have to really work to spend that much at a chain for the two of us. Sounds like some of you are the spendaholics. And it's not because I CAN'T pay that, it's not WORTH that much to me.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
OK--break that down.
What would you get rid of, and how would it address the problem of a widening earnings gap between the top and bottom?
Why do you call it a problem?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>And turn a profit...
And create jobs, lower income tax, lower energy costs, get us some respect back in the world, stop inflation and stop funding PP and PBS while they operate as a 501c3's and make millions in profits through private contributions and selling Big Bird and other Sesame Street memorabilia.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes the smartest of folks don't have degrees.
Rectal thermometers do though :)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Kemosahbe wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks so much for the menu and the other patronizing junk, but I've eaten there, and paid the bill.
No wonder you guys bitch about taxes so much if you don't think $50 for two is horrible. We would have to really work to spend that much at a chain for the two of us. Sounds like some of you are the spendaholics. And it's not because I CAN'T pay that, it's not WORTH that much to me.
$50. for dinner for two is reasonable. We like an appetizer, even if we split it, and dessert, even if we take it home to eat.

And 'we' don't bitch about taxes we pay. We bitch about how OUR taxes are spent. Huge difference.

None of us begrudge the military a dime. Entitlements to illegals....whole different story.
24 hour secret service for Valarie Jarrett when we can't protect our Americans in Benghazi? Disgraceful.

How much did it cost the taxpayers to hide Hillary out in Peru for three weeks after 9/11/12?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rectal thermometers do though :)
(snicker) He said 'rectal'

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Kemosahbe wrote:
<quoted text>
Patronizing? Sound like you just want to b!tch.

First you posted here you said a meal out is about $50 and now you say you have to work to spend that much at a chain? Don't think you'd have to work all that hard. Most entrees on that menu were $12-$18 each. Minimum,$24 alone for the entrees. Add in your drinks and tips, and you're at $40.

I will give you one thing--eating at a chain isn't worth all that much. The food is only so-so in most chains. And $50 isn't worth what it was 20 years ago, either. It's a tank of gas these days. Think about that and get some perspective. If you don't want to, then don't. I eat at home quite a bit. But I don't find it something to moan about either to pay for a restaurant meal.

Cranky because the wife expected something more than a night at McDonald's for Valentines Day?

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Bring Mitt Romney in there. He'll do what he did with the Olympics.
Oh wait...we missed that opportunity, didn't we?
You mean when he managed to get the Brits ticked off at him?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Your stories change faster than Reality Speaks'.
Hey, RS, pleased to be placed company with you.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
"The IRS will have to create new forms and instructions by 2014, and likely reprogram all of its systems to manage the incredible volumes of information that it will now have to retrieve from Americans to ensure that they adhere to the new law.
Of course, all those changes should be easy with the additional staff. The IRS is hiring more than 13,000 agents. Not administrative staff. Agents. The IRS assures Americans that the agents will not audit or check to make sure that Americans adhere to the law. One must assume, then, that the trained agents will sit at keyboards keying in information."
http://ifawebnews.com/2012/11/06/look-for-new...
Maine Governor Calls Obamacare’s Army of IRS Agents the “New Gestapo”
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/07/maine...
So--is it 2,000 or 13,000?

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Despite the fact that he was right...
Civic pride, as demonstrated by Boris, has nothing to do with international relations.

Since: Jan 13

Returning with a vengeance

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
G4S screwed up big time, Romney was right.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
G4S screwed up big time, Romney was right.
The man earned a law degree and MBA simultaneously, has built an incredible resume of businesses,mostly successful, been a leader in his church, gathered a beautiful family around him, pulled the Olympics out of a huge debt to turn a profit, adored and taken care of a wife with two serious illnesses, is a type-A, enthusiastic workaholic achiever and all the libs want to do is tear him down.

Obama, their savior, has, shoved Obamacare on the country with a totally partisan vote, spend more than all presidents in history, combined leaving us with insurmountable debt and no budget in 5 years, and went to bed while our people were under attack and murdered in Benghazi and then lied to all of us until after the election.

But the left sees nothing wrong with this picture.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you call it a problem?
That's what I asked 20 posts ago, Tony. Gee, never got an answer. Imagine that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 181 - 200 of1,026
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

49 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Lois Lerner linked to another erased hard drive 56 min Pope Che Reagan Christ I 46
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 1 hr Logan 818
City Council to consider regulations for Uber, ... 2 hr JessieCups 1
Treating the vermin like vermin 2 hr yeah baby yeah 1
Columbus mayor to DNC: Pick us or lose Ohio 3 hr Reality Speaks 6
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 3 hr Pops 29,033
U.S. bans flights to Tel Aviv; Ohioans in limbo 3 hr Reality Speaks 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••